Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it turns out to be true with "the toy", then 2 of 3 songs are conected to the "Michael" album. Wondering if the 1981 demo of "Much too soon" will find its way on to Thriller40, too.
was thinking that actually, it seems thriller 40 is like a sweep-up of Michael.

If it turns out to be true with "the toy", then 2 of 3 songs are conected to the "Michael" album. Wondering if the 1981 demo of "Much too soon" will find its way on to Thriller40, too.
Very likely. Possibly under the title “Learned My Lesson”?

Why only 10 tracks on it would be better 15 on CD 2 it's typical of the estate

That's actually a good idea.

Learned My Lesson - MTS
The Toy - BoJ
Behind the Mask (Mike's Mix) - BTM 2010
exactly, so what songs do we not have the original to now?

hold my hand - demo leaked
Hollywood Tonight - demo leaked
I Like the Way You Love Me - demo released in 2004
Best of Joy - demo will be released in november
Another day - unreleased
Behind the Mask - demo will be released in november
Much too soon - original 1990s demo leaked

the only song to be unreleased in its original form is Another day, unless a demo has surfaced im unaware of.

exactly, so what songs do we not have the original to now?

hold my hand - demo leaked
Hollywood Tonight - demo leaked
I Like the Way You Love Me - demo released in 2004
Best of Joy - demo will be released in november
Another day - unreleased
Behind the Mask - demo will be released in november
Much too soon - original 1990s demo leaked

the only song to be unreleased in its original form is Another day, unless a demo has surfaced im unaware of.
I Never Heard / This Is It

I Never Heard / This Is It
that wasnt really on Michael, it was on the This Is It album.

though i feel the estate should put an EP online of the songs that released at that time (along with shout from the invincible era), something like:

This is it
For all Time
All In Your Name
Shout
Mind is in the Magic

just to archive these in michael's discography in a way, instead of them being scattered onlinethrough single releases.

Reactions: ssj
I'm gonna fucking cry if we get The Toy and Chicago 1945 on the same album, it'd be one of the best projects the Estate has ever made. Looking forward to listening to the cut third verse.

So, as of now, we’ve got:
  1. Behind the Mask
  2. She’s Trouble
  3. The Toy
  4. Nightline (assumed)
  5. Hot Street (assumed)
That leaves five open spots. I’m really not sure what else could be included, since the tracks seem to be spread out randomly and don’t really align to any sort of clear format (e.g., new tracks first and demos last, vice versa). Carousel seems like a sensible inclusion since its only high-profile release was that stupid shortened edit.
Nobody seems to remember that Carousel complete was already released on King of pop Italian Version...

I'm gonna fucking cry if we get The Toy and Chicago 1945 on the same album, it'd be one of the best projects the Estate has ever made.
Let's wait until we see the final product. The Toy is interesting, but it might be one of those things that you listen to once and go, cool, and don't want to listen to again. It is basically just Best of Joy, which we already have.

Nobody seems to remember that Carousel complete was already released on King of pop Italian Version...
I didn’t know that actually! I always forget about the King of Pop compilations.

Even so, I think it would be nice to give the song a proper worldwide release. It’s one of the few Thriller outtakes that I truly think would’ve been great on the album.

Not to hijack this thread but something that has been long overdue is a Captain EO anniversary release. The full movie in 4K with a soundtrack with the movie score and early version of APOM and We are here to change the world. On the second disc of the blu ray should be a documentary of the making of the project. There is SO MUCH material they filmed when they were making this. They even filmed him composing APOM right there and there. It’s crazy how much material was documented. I wonder why this hasn’t happened yet.

I didn’t know that actually! I always forget about the King of Pop compilations.

Even so, I think it would be nice to give the song a proper worldwide release. It’s one of the few Thriller outtakes that I truly think would’ve been great on the album.
the UK edition is probably my go-to for Greatest Hits. Fantastic song selection. I remember voting for the songs much like the This is it set list

Not to hijack this thread but something that has been long overdue is a Captain EO anniversary release. The full movie in 4K with a soundtrack with the movie score and early version of APOM and We are here to change the world. On the second disc of the blu ray should be a documentary of the making of the project. There is SO MUCH material they filmed when they were making this. They even filmed him composing APOM right there and there. It’s crazy how much material was documented. I wonder why this hasn’t happened yet.
Yep absolutely mate. I wish they included the footage of Mike and Matt Forger in the studio composing APOM for Bad 25. The new live mix was great, but the footage of them making it, in high quality, would have been cool to see

Yep absolutely mate. I wish they included the footage of Mike and Matt Forger in the studio composing APOM for Bad 25. The new live mix was great, but the footage of them making it, in high quality, would have been cool to see
For sure but you know basically any studio footage would be a holy grail right…
it would make sense if we got stuff like that after all Michael loved watching and studying the Motown greats in the studio. It would only be fair for us to see the master at work as well!

No chance Disney would let this happen in the post-LN era.

Even so, I think a Blu-Ray is sort of worthless since the full movie is all of 20 minutes long. Maybe double it with Ghosts and some behind the scenes material?

No chance Disney would let this happen in the post-LN era.

Even so, I think a Blu-Ray is sort of worthless since the full movie is all of 20 minutes long. Maybe double it with Ghosts and some behind the scenes material?
They don’t have to release it or even stand but it. Just sell whatever rights they have of it to the estate or make some other agreement. Actually, after seeing the state of Disneys current creative output, it’s better if Disney stay away from this.

Captain EO Film (Directors cut with unseen footage) + Behind the scenes documentary is a perfect Blu-ray release for this. On top of that add the soundtrack release and it’s a great release.

Last edited:
Right? It’s crazy my friend, they have so much footage that they can play with if they use their imaginations.

They don’t have to release it or even stand but it. Just sell whatever rights they have of it to the estate or make some other agreement. Actually, after seeing the state of Disneys current creative outputs, it’s better if Disney stay away from this.

Captain EO Film (Directors cut with unseen footage) + Behind the scenes documentary is a perfect Blu-ray release for this. On top of that add the soundtrack release and it’s a great release.
I completely agree! I’d love to see this come out in some capacity, especially since most of us have been forced to watch the terrible 240p leak for years. I just can’t imagine Disney participating OR selling the rights (at least for a non-ludicrous price). It seems like one of those projects they’re gonna let sit in the vault.

They have a lot of stuff and a lot of restrictions. From otw to bad they have Quincy and Rod Temperton. For the Jacksons era they have the Family. For music they have the very proud producers that don’t share. Also various rights issues (e.g. Disney). Also Michael not giving a crap about the stored material (especially video) since he wanted people to come to his concerts instead of watching them.

that wasnt really on Michael, it was on the This Is It album.

though i feel the estate should put an EP online of the songs that released at that time (along with shout from the invincible era), something like:

This is it
For all Time
All In Your Name
Shout
Mind is in the Magic

just to archive these in michael's discography in a way, instead of them being scattered onlinethrough single releases.
Mind Is The Magic was first released in 1995 on Siegfried & Roy's soundtrack album Dreams & Illusions. 2010 was the song's re-issue.

Mind Is The Magic was first released in 1995 on Siegfried & Roy's soundtrack album Dreams & Illusions. 2010 was the song's re-issue.
Exactly! The song itself was recorded circa 1988/1989 with Bryan Loren but only first officially released in 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back