Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue at all. Could be August or September. Maybe they'll drop a single off the album within the next 8 weeks or so.

I really do hope there will be at least 1 single before the actual release. 2 singles during the summer time would be nice.

Say Say Say has never been used for any MJ project so far so I think it won't be this time either. It did show up on a Paul McCartney greatest hits album. It coincides with Paul's 80th birthday so this remix is probably to celebrate that.
It is probably thought out by this Kygo guy because MJ's voice is very usable for dance remixes while Paul's is less prominent. The song itself it also still very popular with lots of airplay so it is a logical pick I guess. It is good that Michael is somehow involved (I don't see it as a T40 project) and hopefully it will become popular. The crowd didn't seem to fuzzed about it though :confused:

Say Say Say has never been used for any MJ project so far so I think it won't be this time either. It did show up on a Paul McCartney greatest hits album. It coincides with Paul's 80th birthday so this remix is probably to celebrate that.
It is probably thought out by this Kygo guy because MJ's voice is very usable for dance remixes while Paul's is less prominent. The song itself it also still very popular with lots of airplay so it is a logical pick I guess. It is good that Michael is somehow involved (I don't see it as a T40 project) and hopefully it will become popular. The crowd didn't seem to fuzzed about it though :confused:
It appeared on several KOP releases. The video was included on "The Vision".

Technically they could use the songs demo recording as a bonus track. It isn't tied to Q.

I can't really see Say Say Say get a release with T40 either. I really do like the song - and the video is great. Seems like they truely had soo much fun.

But a new version with different vocal takes - they sang different verses compared to the original - it was released a few years ago (2015) on the Paul McCartney album Pipes of Peace.

So unless there are more unheard vocals I would think Say Say Say has gotten the releases it needed - and since it's considered a McCartney song ft. MJ, I see no reason to add it to T40 really. - There are other demos, unreleased songs I'd rather have.

Say Say Say makes absolutely no sense as an inclusion. It's not an MJ song lol.

The only song that may exist from this era from the McCartney sessions is Remember This Night. But I don't know much about it. I do think I've seen it registered though.

Paul, fresh off the yacht watching Leaving Neverland with Oprah obviously likes the sound of cashing in on MJ.

Fantastic.

That remix absolutely sucks. I REALLY hope that's not the lead promo tool for Thriller 40

I would really really like demo versions of The Toy, Behind the Mask and Starlight in great clean quality.
I'll be more than satisfied if the only songs they release are The Toy and actually go through releasing Chicago 1945.

People are hyping Chicago 1945 so much that it will be a letdown when it will be released.

Why do you think so?
It’s just what happens when you overhype anything. Take a look at Wembley. It should’ve been the best show of his career, yet people still nitpick it for different reasons

People are hyping Chicago 1945 so much that it will be a letdown when it will be released.
You think it's overhyped? Ever heard of GYWOOM? 🤣

The song has been praised by everyone who has heard it and it's been said to be similar to BTM which has amazing vocals, it can't be a bad song.

say say say’ was already remixed and released as a single in 2005. it was a top 5 hit here in the uk and other European countries. notice how it was mainly michael’s voice that was sampled and looped over? I hope he received royalties for that 🤭
same thing happened with ‘somebody’s watching me’ around that same time. though I’m not sure if michael’s actual voice was used 🤔
Kygo is a popular dj/producer. he was able to give Whitney Houston a posthumous number one single, by remixing her cover of ‘higher love’. though I’m not impressed with what I heard in that clip posted, having his name attached to a project of michael’s could be beneficial. however, I agree that ‘say say say’ was always a Paul mccartney song, that had nothing to do with the ‘thriller’ album. only clips of it were shown in ‘the legend continues’ documentary. I believe it was only the fan version of the ‘king of pop’ compilation that contained it.

if the titles of these unreleased songs are legit, I’ll be most interested in hearing ‘attitude’. I’ve never heard anything about it previously, and apparently it was created specifically for the ‘thriller’ album.

Doubt it will be a letdown. Just look at the track record with Porcaro.
Exactly. Human Nature and For All Time are two of my favorite MJ songs. Michael chose the music from Porcaro himself and the Estate selected this song for the Xscape project so I bet it's pretty darn good.

Was Al Capone a disappointment at all?
Not for me. Because i’m a sucker for Smooth Criminal.

But other people seemed to find it way too similar.

Also back then people confused Chicago 1945 with Al Capone

The tracks I want on the second disk are:
  • Hot Street
  • She's Trouble (If they mix it properly)
  • Nightline
  • Got The Hots
  • Carousel (Full length)
  • Someone in the Dark
  • Mystery
  • Roll The Dice
  • The Toy
  • Who Do You Know
  • Why Can't I Be
  • Somewhere In Time
  • This Is It (not to be confused with the posthumously renamed I Never Heard)
  • Under Your Skin
  • We Are The Ones
  • Nymphette Lover
Italics = I want these tracks because I have never heard them and never heard of them. This would be new music to me!

I know some of these have already been released but I certainly do not think they should remove tracks that were included in Thriller 25. (Apart from the remixes)

I hope that there are better songs than that for a single release. Average song, something doesn’t work, maybe it’s the chorus. Kinda cheesy imo
Songs like that make you wonder if mid-way from singing the demo MJ was like, this is weak sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back