Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had suspicions thar CGOTR would be on there and this sort of confirms it. Hopefully they announce it on Thursday and then finish strong the following Thursday

We had suspicions thar CGOTR would be on there and this sort of confirms it. Hopefully they announce it on Thursday and then finish strong the following Thursday
No the other way around please. We know it is there so keep it for last, I wanna get this announcement business over with on Thursday, there is only 1 track left unsure of what it is. It was a cool idea when they announced it but now I hate it with a passion!

We don't know, i hope for the track 12.

Edit : Like Beano said, i guess it will be CGOTR this week because i don't see them finish their teasing with this track.

if CGOTR is in thriller 40, it would definetally be this week.

if its another song, they might leave it till next week.

Given the limited amount of material I’m quite glad we got 4 discs worth of unreleased material since 2009.
Michael 2010, Bad25 disc 2 2012, Xscape 2014 and Thriller40 disc 2 2022.
My gut says it isn’t the end, there is more to come because hot street is not part of T40.

Whitney Houston's Estate released this video in 4K. And yes, the first seconds are tape sourced, so make an effort and skip the video to check the 4K footage. And most importantly, the SD footage was NO EXCUSE to make a good remaster using film footage anyway.

Come on Branca, cut the BS and give us something we really want

Last edited:
Whitney Houston's Estate released this video in 4K. And yes, the first seconds are tape sourced, so make an effort and skip the video to check the 4K footage. And most importantly, the SD footage was NO EXCUSE to make a good remaster using film footage anyway.

Come on Branca, cut the BS and give us something we really want
Well remembered, bro. Also worth noting the tape sourced bits were used for the lack of a film source, most likely.

I think a brand new album will come in 2023. - Xscape is 9 years old. A new album have to come soon.

After T40 and the positive vibes around MJ a new release should come.
I imagine the new album is coming out at around the same time as the biopic. 2024 seems like a reasonable time for both the album and the movie to come out.

Damn. Just saw the Estate's tweet thinking it would be Thriller in 4K... but alas... the 480p version again.

Remastering the videos in 4K is too costly we've been told before.. it's even more costly to pay the price to do it.. then do NOTHING with it!!! IDIOTS!

Damn. Just saw the Estate's tweet thinking it would be Thriller in 4K... but alas... the 480p version again.

Remastering the videos in 4K is too costly we've been told before.. it's even more costly to pay the price to do it.. then do NOTHING with it!!! IDIOTS!
I don't understand this. How much is too much? You spend money to make money. That's how it works. We're not talking billions here or even millions, presumably.

I'm so confused.

I think they should at least release a disc with the Thriller video in 2D/3D (and maybe a separate 4K disc for the fans that want that). It would be strange for them to spend all of that money on a 3D conversion (which is VERY nice - I saw it in a theater) and only keep it to a limited theatrical release.

It's yalls fault for supporting crappy CD reissues and ugly T shirts

We don’t want that anymore. We want the good stuff
This has to be the most ass-backwards, delusional comment I’ve ever seen on this board lmfao.

Too much truth hurts your feelings? Poor thing
Bad 25 was a significant commercial disappointment. The soundtrack to Immortal came and went. Off the Wall 2016 bombed. Thriller 40 is getting tons of flack. And I‘ve seen, at most, a handful of people wearing that half-assed merch. So, I’d love to hear your rationale behind that comment, because there’s no blind support going on that would justify the estate’s failure here.

Just some food for thought here: what are the chances of the disc leaking a few days before the 18th? If I'm not wrong, some markets shall receive copies earlier.
(Back in 2012, Bad 25 was released Sept 14 in Germany iirc, 4 days ahead of the rest of the world)

Just some food for thought here: what are the chances of the disc leaking a few days before the 18th? If I'm not wrong, some markets shall receive copies earlier.
(Back in 2012, Bad 25 was released Sept 14 in Germany iirc, 4 days ahead of the rest of the world)
High because there’s physicals releasing. No physicals would mean it’s not leaking.

Bad 25 was a significant commercial disappointment. The soundtrack to Immortal came and went. Off the Wall 2016 bombed. Thriller 40 is getting tons of flack. And I‘ve seen, at most, a handful of people wearing that half-assed merch. So, I’d love to hear your rationale behind that comment, because there’s no blind support going on that would justify the estate’s failure here.
The projects failed because they stink.

Bad 25 was a VHS tape with an awful remaster job.

Immortal was a good show but the remix album was never going to interest many people anyway.

Off the Wall 2016 was beyond garbage and probably could be considered offensive.

T40 got tons of flack because in their continued arrogance thought they knew better than the classic album and classic look and it needing updating for a modern audience.

They make their own bed and have to lie in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back