Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The instrumentation. Victory would be nice if it didn't scream 80s in a bad way. Triumph is from 1981 and sounds fresher.
On top of that, the Jermaine medley drags the show down, the set list is overall bland, the band and background vocalists are mediocre, and the show itself feels like it was thrown together haphazardly. It’s one of those things where if you remove MJ from the mix, it’s utterly forgettable.

On top of that, the Jermaine medley drags the show down, the set list is overall bland, the band and background vocalists are mediocre, and the show itself feels like it was thrown together haphazardly. It’s one of those things where if you remove MJ from the mix, it’s utterly forgettable.
I went to a Victory tour concert and when Jermaine did his solo set everyone went to the bathroom.

I went to a Victory tour concert and when Jermaine did his solo set everyone went to the bathroom.
Their loss, they missed a rare and classic performance of MJ killing it on “ tell me I’m not dreaming”. Serves them right though 😂

The brothers being there is such a non issue, these guys are in the background 90% of the time.
It seems some of you seem to enjoy Michael better in freaking gold leotard suffering out of breath during human nature on the dangerous tour.

The synths might not be everyone’s taste but at least it made his music sound different for once. But I guess some of you like it better when they just play the freaking CD during the history tour.

I’m not angry don’t worry, I’m just completely flabbergasted. 🤪 🤣

Last edited:
It seems some of you seem to enjoy Michael better in freaking gold leotard suffering out of breath during human nature on the dangerous tour.
I agree with you 100 percent. It seems that the majority of our ladies & tomgirls on here dislike the fabulous Victory tour.😇🤭

They have to realize a new album release will never be a potential blockbuster anymore, that ship has sailed.
The final blockbuster experience that is coming is the biopic. This is going to be huge with enormous media attention and possibly big box office results. Fans and critics everybody will have their opinion on it, it will get controversial but overall the attention could be huge.
This. A posthumous album is never going to be blockbuster. While Xscape did well in the short run, it is now a forgotten album. Michael’s three most popular albums on charts right now are Thriller, Essential Michael Jackson and Number Ones. That most likely will still be the case in 10 years time.

The brothers being there is such a non issue, these guys are in the background 90% of the time.

The synths might not be everyone’s taste but at least it made his music sound different for once. But I guess some of you like it better when they just play the freaking CD during the history tour.

I just prefer Michael on his own, faults and all, singing his solo material. Even if the performance is imperfect and out of breath, I’d still enjoy it more because it’s 100%, unimpeded MJ.

But I’m also one of the few who really doesn’t want them to waste money or time on a concert release unless it’s the Bad tour in HD, so my view is biased from the jump.

Another day and another unprovoked insult to the history tour haha.

There are many things to not like about the victory tour
- brothers
- the instrumentation
- the stage
- the lightning
- the camera angles (ugh)
- the lack of choreography on certain songs
- no thriller
- the set list

But even with all of this I still want it to get an official release because MJ’s voice was at its peak for this tour.

Last edited:
so back to topic if possible:

today CGOTR will be announced? what do you think?

Their loss, they missed a rare and classic performance of MJ killing it on “ tell me I’m not dreaming”. Serves them right though 😂
Excellent point. Michael on TMIND is off-the-chart. It is earth-shattering.

But, ngl, Smooth72 did make me scream with laughter. :D

I love watching Michael perform with the brothers even though I have zero interest in any of the Jacksons as solo performers. I love the chemistry between them. Yeah, they were at daggers-drawn on Victory - and I really hate what they did to Michael to get him onto that tour - but they work really well together, imo. The dynamic between Michael, Jackie and Marlon and particularly between Michael and Marlon - I absolutely love it. I adore BWT 1987 but Destiny and Triumph? Can't get enough. Still early days for me on Victory but I love what I've seen so far.

I agree with you 100 percent. It seems that the majority of our ladies & tomgirls on here dislike the fabulous Victory tour.😇🤭
That is such a shame. I'm taking my time over Victory but only bc I love Destiny and Triumph (and BWT 1987) so much. So it's slow progress with Victory. Once I'd calmed down over the whole 'they manipulated Michael to get him to agree' thing, I realised Victory is freakin' awesome.

so back to topic if possible:

today CGOTR will be announced? what do you think?
No clue but I love the song. Only listened to it for the first time last week and have only listened once but I loved it. I'd be so happy for it to be announced.

Victory sounds 80's... CHOK - it's from the 80's... I do know what you mean of course.

But even though the band is not the best, the concert is still MJ legacy and in involved into BAD tour, so IMO it would make sense to release J5, The Jacksons concerts, Triumph would be great too.

These concerts was 100 % live. No play-back. MJ smiling end seems to enjoy being on stage. - That feeling is rarely present after BAD tour.
I really would like Victory tour to have at least 1 concert released. If they have more nights recorded please release them.

7 hours to go till we get the next song.

I am so happy about disc 2 already, so I don't really care what they announce. I do, of course, hope for a unreleased never heard before song.
That would be great. Even better if it is an outtake/demo we have never heard of before and never knew existed.

Are any of these songs remastered or remixed in any way? What master version is the first CD?

I've got to be honest, I don't really enjoy the Victory Tour, you can see Mike's heart isn't in it.

This is controversial..I don't like MJ's vocals on the tour. They're not as clear as they were on the Triumph Tour or as strong as they were on the Bad Tour (espicially in 87)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back