Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been posted on other forum before Starlight was announced.🤔

7XbEIy6.png
Regarding the listed durations:
- „She’s Trouble“ doesn’t fit any of the two versions that got leaked
- „Sunset Driver“ is also a no fit

Overall I am still buying this on cd and digital
Because I am getting

Behind the mask
The toy
What a lovely way to go
She’s trouble (hopefully the better vocal version)
And Starlight

I don’t mind carousel being on this as it was a contender for thriller

Just hope last song is a unheard gem

Overall I am still buying this on cd and digital
Because I am getting

Behind the mask
The toy
What a lovely way to go
She’s trouble (hopefully the better vocal version)
And Starlight

I don’t mind carousel being on this as it was a contender for thriller

Just hope last song is a unheard gem
How dare you expressing positivity! Go to the corner and I’ll be right with you for your 10 lashes (+1 cause I feel extra sadistic today)

I'm not gonna lie, all I wanted from this release was Behind The Mask and Spice of Life. So far I got half of what I wanted. Sony is clearly just gonna pretend the 2004-2008 rarities don't exist anymore, and that's fine, I guess. They'll probably end up doing a new "Ultimate Collection", but who even knows how that'll go.

So, what is your take about the last one ? We won't seem to get Hot street or Nightline acording to the YouTube leak so.. . What's left ? Maybe Slapstick ?

We see a lot of mentions for a "Roll the dice" demo : is there any other song/demo from this era who could be released?

It's on The Essential 3.0, a limited edition of the compilation released in some countries (including the US) that can be found pretty easily on eBay for a fair price (just found one for $12, which is cheaper than T40).
Yes I know about that. I have a copy of it actually. However in my original statement I was speaking about in-print albums and that was a limited release that's no longer in print.

So, what is your take about the last one ? We won't seem to get Hot street or Nightline acording to the YouTube leak so.. . What's left ? Maybe Slapstick ?

We see a lot of mentions for a "Roll the dice" demo : is there any other song/demo from this era who could be released?
It's either Spice of Life, Rolling the Dice, if it's vocally complete enough, or it'll be a complete wet noodle like the Girl is Mine Solo Demo or something. Nightline or Slapstick maybe also could appear if they want to keep things close to their vest.

Yes I know about that. I have a copy of it actually. However in my original statement I was speaking about in-print albums and that was a limited release that's no longer in print.
I saw that, but you also said something about "buying it easily". Even though TE3.0 is out of print, it's quite easy to find and cheaper than T40. A much better deal, if you ask me.

“Spice of Life” wasn’t recorded.

Given the tight spacing, I think the last title has to be somewhat short. As long as it’s not “Slapstick,” I really don’t care.
4grf5eziytx91.jpg

What do you guys think a bout this leak?
I think it says a lot that these leak are only popping up today, when there’s one title to go. I still cannot fathom the estate blowing two vocally-finished songs on a reissue, but stranger things have happened.

Where did you find this Mjjcn ? Huge if it's Chicago (it's not from the Thriller session right ? But with the Estate...)

So far, disc 2 is laid out as follows:
  1. leaked but unreleased demo of “Thriller,” available for the first time in HQ
  2. outtake that was given an extremely limited release in select countries a decade ago, and will be released here for the first time in most locations
  3. ?
  4. previously released outtake (ideally the full version, which never received a wide release)
  5. demo of a posthumously released song
  6. previously released B-side that hasn’t been available on a physical product in most countries since 1982
  7. demo/alternate version of a posthumously released song
  8. previously released outtake
  9. never-before-heard outtake
  10. leaked but unreleased outtake, available for the first time in HQ
While the heard to unheard ratio could absolutely be better and I’m not entirely happy with some of the material chosen, this puts things in perspective a bit. From our bubble it may not seem too impressive, but bear in mind that even diehards haven’t heard all of this material. (I know—I’ve met and seen several.)

How much of the 2010 version Of BTM is from the original song. It's a John McClain production and he tends to keep original elements. Obviously the synths and saxophone are newly implemented, but what else is there?
Co-writer Ryuichi Sakamoto said that MJ’s original demo was basically the Yellow Magic Orchestra instrumental with some extra drums. I’m imagining a cross between the YMO version and Greg Phillinganes’s.

Co-writer Ryuichi Sakamoto said that MJ’s original demo was basically the Yellow Magic Orchestra instrumental with some extra drums. I’m imagining a cross between the YMO version and Greg Phillinganes’s.
I do hope MJ's version keeps that "who do you love" background vocal running throughout in Greg's version. I love that part

This has been posted on other forum before Starlight was announced.🤔

7XbEIy6.png
The editing on this just makes me say it's fake straight away lol. Why is the corner missing and why does it look like it's been stepped on by muddy boots, on a clearly digital image :D

Hopefully they will release as last track the thriller demo of breaking news without the pvc pipeline instead of that through a Bambus pipeline i will never buy again a Michael Jackson product until John branch quit

“Spice of Life” wasn’t recorded.

Given the tight spacing, I think the last title has to be somewhat short. As long as it’s not “Slapstick,” I really don’t care.

I think it says a lot that these leak are only popping up today, when there’s one title to go. I still cannot fathom the estate blowing two vocally-finished songs on a reissue, but stranger things have happened.
Well there's the death blow I deserve.

What about Rolling the Dice?

Gotta say this project is turning into a disapointment. Not happy about Can't Get Outta The Rain being included at all. So many better songs than this.

At this point, Bad25 and Xscape are still the two best posthumous releases to date.

So far, disc 2 is laid out as follows:
  1. leaked but unreleased demo of “Thriller,” available for the first time in HQ
  2. outtake that was given an extremely limited release in select countries a decade ago, and will be released here for the first time in most locations
  3. ?
  4. previously released outtake (ideally the full version, which never received a wide release)
  5. demo of a posthumously released song
  6. previously released B-side that hasn’t been available on a physical product in most countries since 1982
  7. demo/alternate version of a posthumously released song
  8. previously released outtake
  9. never-before-heard outtake
  10. leaked but unreleased outtake, available for the first time in HQ
While the heard to unheard ratio could absolutely be better and I’m not entirely happy with some of the material chosen, this puts things in perspective a bit. From our bubble it may not seem too impressive, but bear in mind that even diehards haven’t heard all of this material. (I know—I’ve met and seen several.)
It's basically just bonus material to the truest extent. As much old stuff as can be and then a couple new songs. Basically they could've released the new songs and then maybe made a regular compilation and called it a day. Would've really taken the weight off of them.
The thing about MJs demos is they never quite sound like the covers that come to be. Like LNFSG and I Never Heard. At least in certain cases. Songs like Joy and Fall Again are basically 1:1 or so I've been told in the case of the former.

From our bubble it may not seem too impressive, but bear in mind that even diehards haven’t heard all of this material. (I know—I’ve met and seen several.)
By that logic, they could have just re-released Thriller, with no bonus tracks at all, as there are obviously millions of people out there, including younger people, who have never heard the Thriller album. You'd be going, "sure the lack of any bonus track is too bad for us, but there are millions of 15-year-olds for whom this is the chance to hear Baby Be Mine and The Girl is Mine for the first time."

I just come back here every Thursday to say what needs to be said: MJ has got the worst Estate in the world of pop music, and I hope Thriller40 flops. Only when they realize there is no point in chasing the mainstream will they treat fans right.

Tg
By that logic, they could have just re-released Thriller, with no bonus tracks at all, as there are obviously millions of people out there, including younger people, who have never heard the Thriller album. You'd be going, "sure the lack of any bonus track is too bad for us, but there are millions of 15-year-olds for whom this is the chance to hear Baby Be Mine and The Girl is Mine for the first time."

I just come back here every Thursday to say what needs to be said: MJ has got the worst Estate in the world of pop music, and I hope Thriller40 flops. Only when they realize there is no point in chasing the mainstream will they treat fans right.
They're doing this because thriller 40 is gonna flop. Spotify has made all the effort of archives pointless and the horrid legal/allegation snafus have Branca scared witless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back