Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By that logic, they could have just re-released Thriller, with no bonus tracks at all, as there are obviously millions of people out there, including younger people, who have never heard the Thriller album. You'd be going, "sure the lack of any bonus track is too bad for us, but there are millions of 15-year-olds for whom this is the chance to hear Baby Be Mine and The Girl is Mine for the first time."

I just come back here every Thursday to say what needs to be said: MJ has got the worst Estate in the world of pop music, and I hope Thriller40 flops. Only when they realize there is no point in chasing the mainstream will they treat fans right.
Uh. No. Reissuing Thriller, the best-selling album in world history, is not the same as reissuing bonus tracks and B-sides that have fallen to the wayside in countless ways. And I know you know that, but I know complaining is easier.

Also, not saying his estate is great, but take a look at what Aaliyah and Selena’s estates are doing before you say MJ’s is the worst.

By that logic, they could have just re-released Thriller, with no bonus tracks at all, as there are obviously millions of people out there, including younger people, who have never heard the Thriller album. You'd be going, "sure the lack of any bonus track is too bad for us, but there are millions of 15-year-olds for whom this is the chance to hear Baby Be Mine and The Girl is Mine for the first time."

I just come back here every Thursday to say what needs to be said: MJ has got the worst Estate in the world of pop music, and I hope Thriller40 flops. Only when they realize there is no point in chasing the mainstream will they treat fans right.
Perhaps the MJ fans are part of the problem and it's not the estate. Maybe take MJ's advice and look at the man in the mirror.

Uh. No. Reissuing Thriller, the best-selling album in world history, is not the same as reissuing bonus tracks and B-sides that have fallen to the wayside in countless ways. And I know you know that, but I know complaining is easier.

Also, not saying his estate is great, but take a look at what Aaliyah and Selena’s estates are doing before you say MJ’s is the worst.
The Jimi Hendrix estate was the worst for a long while. They had it way worse in the Alan Douglas years.

“Spice of Life” wasn’t recorded.

Given the tight spacing, I think the last title has to be somewhat short. As long as it’s not “Slapstick,” I really don’t care.

I think it says a lot that these leak are only popping up today, when there’s one title to go. I still cannot fathom the estate blowing two vocally-finished songs on a reissue, but stranger things have happened.

Well the ONLY hope is the fact that Porcaro refuses the song to be remixed by somebody else so MAYBE the Estate sees this as the ONLY way and we get it and here's the opportunity.

Honestly? i've said it before, but at this point, if they included Slapstick, i would be more than happy simply because we have slapstick in the worst possible quality. (Kind of like the final version of She's Trouble... unless the version they include is the HQ Demo we've all heard, then i will be fucking pissed.)

Honestly? i've said it before, but at this point, if they included Slapstick, i would be more than happy simply because we have slapstick in the worst possible quality. (Kind of like the final version of She's Trouble... unless the version they include is the HQ Demo we've all heard, then i will be fucking pissed.)
Why wouldn't they include the LQ version?

Perhaps the MJ fans are part of the problem and it's not the estate. Maybe take MJ's advice and look at the man in the mirror.
You keep saying that, yet you provide absolutely zero evidence. I’d say it says a lot that the projects with the most fan pushback also perform the worst commercially, so I have no clue why you think pointing the finger at us makes any sense.

Why do I get the feeling that most people who allegedly heard it are just aping each other. You always read the same old comments about chicago 1945 😁

1. Wanna Be Startin Something
2. Hot Street
3. The Girl Is Mine
4. Thriller
5. Billie Jean
6. She's Trouble
7. Niteline
8. Carousel
9. The Lady In My Life
What is the official source of this? Interesting and very different album.

Does anyone know what the current situation is with Quincy and songs that he worked on? For sure Starlight would have been suggested by Quincy as it's a Temperton tune so we can assume that Quincy was involved in the recording of even the earliest of these batches of demos (Starlight, She's Trouble, Slapstick etc). But given the way the court case came about and went, is Quincy to be treated like a songwriter in that he would need to sign off on songs he had any input in? Surely the inclusion of Cant Get Out Of The Rain on the physical release can be viewed as an olive branch of sorts as he gets a writing credit?

It's all very smoke and mirrors when it comes to how the Estate operate with songs that have other artists involved. A Thriller anniversary release that ignores/omits/is forced to exclude Quincy's full input will be hollow.

What is the official source of this? Interesting and very different album.

Does anyone know what the current situation is with Quincy and songs that he worked on? For sure Starlight would have been suggested by Quincy as it's a Temperton tune so we can assume that Quincy was involved in the recording of even the earliest of these batches of demos (Starlight, She's Trouble, Slapstick etc). But given the way the court case came about and went, is Quincy to be treated like a songwriter in that he would need to sign off on songs he had any input in? Surely the inclusion of Cant Get Out Of The Rain on the physical release can be viewed as an olive branch of sorts as he gets a writing credit?

It's all very smoke and mirrors when it comes to how the Estate operate with songs that have other artists involved. A Thriller anniversary release that ignores/omits/is forced to exclude Quincy's full input will be hollow.
Your post is greatly appreciated!

In regards to the Quincy situation: What should be the difference between the songs they included on this release & the ones that didn’t make the cut?
CGOTR, She’s Trouble, Carousel, Starlight, Got The Hots.. Q was involved in all of them, wasn’t he?
And does it really matter, where MJ recorded “She’s Trouble”, he did not write it. So what’s the difference in releasing the guide vocal or the final more energetic take?

If the estate can release “She’s Trouble” they surely could release “Hot Street” & “Niteline” also. I’m sure they are saving them for other projects, not that they aren’t allowed to release them.

We get Beat It with Fergie, a terrible version with a woman who screams rather than sings....

But we do not get the incredible TGIM solo version... Makes no sense...

Did anyone notice Nite Line be removed from YT? I've seen people around social media say it has but I haven't noticed anything. Maybe that song will be the last song that will be revealed.

Did anyone notice Nite Line be removed from YT? I've seen people around social media say it has but I haven't noticed anything. Maybe that song will be the last song that will be revealed.
Niteline not part of a youtube theory maybe they removed for documantary?

made a suitable edit for yesterday.

FguSEb7XgAIbJ3t

i'd say it'll be unreleased, only way they'd win back the twitter hoarde after "Cant Get Out of the Pain".
That's a very valid argument.
And for weeks we talked within this thread about the estate "finishing on a high note" with their last song announcement.

I think there shouldn't be any possible downers left. They seem to expertly managed to step in every turd along the way.

So now hope & excitement can rise again for next Thursday..

What are the possibilities?

For mid level excitement I would list:
- Hot Street
- Niteline

For high level excitement I'd list:
- any Thriller outtake we've not heard yet (Spice Of Life, Stand Tall, Why Can't I Be, etc.) IF one of those really exists!

For ultimate excitement I'd list:
- Chicago 1945

Wheter you like the song or not, Can't Get Outta The Rain was part of the Thriller campaign, as a B-side. It makes sense to include it.

Wheter you like the song or not, Can't Get Outta The Rain was part of the Thriller campaign, as a B-side. It makes sense to include it.
After reading quincy's word on the song, i feel it does make sense.

just shouldnt have been in a build-up campaign like this lmao.

FgpSxo9UcAAuE64

(known) song titles that would fit into the gap

Nightline
Hot Street
Slapstick
Chicago '45
Kentucky
Goin' To Rio
Make A Wish
Llama Lola
Bad Girl
Lonely Man
Sister Sue
also look at the fonts, they would have to use something more sterile and less whimsical like the fonts on "Got the Hots" and "Behind the mask" in order for it to look right.

on top of that, i'd say it will be facing inwards to line up with Got the Hots and Behind The Mask.

:ROFLMAO:
Have you looked at the other b-sides of the Thriller singles?

Should they also have included "It's The Falling In Love" & "Get On The Floor" ??

If they EVER do a Dangerous Anniversary Edition, should they include "Girlfriend" as one of the bonus tracks because it was the b-side of "Will You Be There" ??

I'll help you with the answer: No, they shouldn't.

CGOTR is not Thriller era. It isn't even Off The Wall era. It originates from The Wiz movie. Even on OTW album it would sound dated.
It totally sounds out of place on any Thriller project.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back