Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you are right. Because even Starlight videos were taken down, and afterwards the song was announced.

It could really be that we neither get Hot Street, nor Niteline! Ridiculous to even think about this. I mean they could have saved HS for a future MJ album, but why to not include Niteline, Slapstick, and all other previously released Thriller Era songs including Someone in the dark.
I think last track will be unheard song [i hope]

Yes, because the underwhelming performances of Immortal, Bad 25, the 2016 Off the Wall reissue, and the Halloween compilation haven’t proven anything.

It’s not the community’s fault that the estate screws up, so cut the insinuations.
Bad 25 had so many things that fans wanted. It didn't sell well. So they went the opposite direction with Off The Wall. You complain about both. You can't have it both ways and the fact of the matter is some fans just love to complain about anything and everything. YOU are one of those fans. Perhaps you should stop being an MJ fan if all it does it cause you to have your panties in a bunch.

Although completely expected, the inclusion of CGOOTR when disc 2 has been limited to just 10 tracks is still a huge disappointment. One of the big rules of business is to give the market what it wants, not tell it what it wants.
Except the estate is producing products with songs that they can't replenish because MJ is dead. You are treating the situation as if they have unlimited supply of MJ songs when that is certainly not the case.

some fans just love to complain about anything and everything. YOU are one of those fans. Perhaps you should stop being an MJ fan if all it does it cause you to have your panties in a bunch.

I suppose this is true if you remove all context for why people are complaining from their posts and pretend that nothing the estate does is ever lazy, wrong or stupid.

At what point did I say anything about an unlimited supply. This is a disc limited to 10 tracks of demos and outtakes. For the sake of pure professionalism and doing the job properly, how can 2 of the 4 songs originally intended for the actual album (Hot Street and Niteline) be left off in favour of songs that weren't? How is asking for just those 2 songs (more important than most of the others) treating the estate as if it has a never ending supply?
Except the estate is producing products with songs that they can't replenish because MJ is dead. You are treating the situation as if they have unlimited supply of MJ songs when that is certainly not the case.

Can someone remind me what the original tracklist looked like? I intend to listen to the album that way later

1 Wanna Be Starting Something
2 Hot Street
3 The Girl IS Mine
4 thriller
5 nite line
6 she's trouble
7 carousel
8 PYT
9 the lady in my life

Was this it?

Can someone remind me what the original tracklist looked like? I intend to listen to the album that way later

1 Wanna Be Starting Something
2 Hot Street
3 The Girl IS Mine
4 thriller
5 nite line
6 she's trouble
7 carousel
8 PYT
9 the lady in my life

Was this it?
1. Wanna Be Startin Something
2. Hot Street
3. The Girl Is Mine
4. Thriller
5. Billie Jean
6. She's Trouble
7. Niteline
8. Carousel
9. The Lady In My Life

Bad 25 had so many things that fans wanted. It didn't sell well. So they went the opposite direction with Off The Wall. You complain about both. You can't have it both ways and the fact of the matter is some fans just love to complain about anything and everything. YOU are one of those fans. Perhaps you should stop being an MJ fan if all it does it cause you to have your panties in a bunch.
I am? The guy who’s probably the biggest estate defender on this board? Okay lol.

Calling the estate out on blatant failures and missed opportunities isn’t complaining, it’s constructive criticism. And they absolutely deserve it here because, while I am still excited for Thriller 40, some of the choices they’re making are baffling.

I knew they would do this, but I really thought they'd save themselves this pain. I told y'all, it should've been a new song this week. But i guess it'll be better to go out on a high note.

My problem with some of the songs, mainly CGOTR, is they're not even remotely unheard let alone "unreleased".

If they were worked on during the Thriller sessions that's one thing, but some of these links are so tenuous it's embarrassing.

I'm hoping for something truly unheard next week, but I'd settle for an already leaked track because they deserve a release, more so than Sunset Driver, Got The Hots or CGOTR

If it were me I'd put Can't Get Outta The Rain on the first disc as a bonus track considering the fact it was released as a b-side. I would have had it on there with Someone In The Dark and Say Say Say to round it up to 12 songs.

Man....Thriller 40 is a good release but it could have been a multi disc super deluxe edition. So much potential wasted...

At what point did I say anything about an unlimited supply. This is a disc limited to 10 tracks of demos and outtakes. For the sake of pure professionalism and doing the job properly, how can 2 of the 4 songs originally intended for the actual album (Hot Street and Niteline) be left off in favour of songs that weren't? How is asking for just those 2 songs (more important than most of the others) treating the estate as if it has a never ending supply?
Because whatever song YOU want to be on there will eventually get a release somewhere else. Everyone has a preference for what songs they want to be on the album, but the estate can't make a different album for each fan. They have to select songs and some songs will be left out.

In my opinion, Can't Get Out of the Rain is a good inclusion. In the USA, CGOOTR is not available to buy on any in print album. I like the fact that now I will be able to buy it easily. But that's just my opinion and I wouldn't cry bloody murder as some people on here are doing because their choice of songs weren't selected. I'm not singling you out, but the negativity that some fans have over every single project is just too much.

I have been worried this is the case as well lol
What worries me most is BTM. The blurb states incorrectly the song was presented to Q along with other songs, one of them allegedly Beat It. Problem here is, Beat It wasn't presented to Q before mid August - whereas BTM was being worked on at Westlake by July.

Worst case scenario might be we'll get some "doctored" track (MJs vocals dubbed over the original YMO track)

Because whatever song YOU want to be on there will eventually get a release somewhere else. Everyone has a preference for what songs they want to be on the album, but the estate can't make a different album for each fan. They have to select songs and some songs will be left out.

In my opinion, Can't Get Out of the Rain is a good inclusion. In the USA, CGOOTR is not available to buy on any in print album. I like the fact that now I will be able to buy it easily. But that's just my opinion and I wouldn't cry bloody murder as some people on here are doing because their choice of songs weren't selected. I'm not singling you out, but the negativity that some fans have over every single project is just too much.
I agree and disagree. I think the outrage over certain songs not making the cut is childish (I just know people will rage that “Chicago 1945” isn’t making it), and I agree that “Can’t Get Outta the Rain,” which isn’t available on any physical album (at least in the US), is just as deserving of a wide release as any of the leaked tracks.

But at the same time, I think expressing disappointment that certain songs were chosen over others is fully valid. The fact that either “Hot Street” or “Nightline” won’t make the cut, but “Can’t Get Outta the Rain” will, is ridiculous.

What an absolute disappointment, even if it was expected. CGOTR might just be the worst song MJ ever recorded. It doesn’t deserve another release.
Different People really be saying this about every MJ song though. There's just no accounting for taste.

What worries me most is BTM. The blurb states incorrectly the song was presented to Q along with other songs, one of them allegedly Beat It. Problem here is, Beat It wasn't presented to Q before mid August - whereas BTM was being worked on at Westlake by July.

Worst case scenario might be we'll get some "doctored" track (MJs vocals dubbed over the original YMO track)
How much of the 2010 version Of BTM is from the original song. It's a John McClain production and he tends to keep original elements. Obviously the synths and saxophone are newly implemented, but what else is there?

I think we'll get the HQ leak with rough vocals which was recorded at Michael's home studio.
Is that the last track on the album? Would make sense if so. Listen to the rougher version of Trouble on YouTube and the way it ends with the keyboard hit, that sounds like the finale of an album.

This has been posted on other forum before Starlight was announced.🤔

7XbEIy6.png

In the USA, CGOOTR is not available to buy on any in print album. I like the fact that now I will be able to buy it easily.
I agree that “Can’t Get Outta the Rain,” which isn’t available on any physical album (at least in the US), is just as deserving of a wide release as any of the leaked tracks.
It's on The Essential 3.0, a limited edition of the compilation released in some countries (including the US) that can be found pretty easily on eBay for a fair price (just found one for $12, which is cheaper than T40).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back