Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across a different version with more MJ vocals on YouTube a few days, there is also an extended version both are very cool.
I know... the 2015 version has more of michaels vocals, but still it is not solo :) And we know it exists..

Chicago 1945 is defo a gem by those who have heard it. I’d be surprised if it ends up on Thriller40 as it sounds like a track that could be a lead single.

Chicago 1945 is defo a gem by those who have heard it. I’d be surprised if it ends up on Thriller40 as it sounds like a track that could be a lead single.
considering queen's released "Face it Alone" for an album coming on the same day, id say the estate needs to come back with something big like Chicago 1945.

considering queen's released "Face it Alone" for an album coming on the same day, id say the estate needs to come back with something big like Chicago 1945.

the Queen-album comes out the same day as Thriller 40, it isn`t out yet

Nope, a deluxe expanded edition of the 1989 album "The Miracle" contaning 5 discs (4 CDs and a DVD/BD).
6 all-new, unheard demos/outtakes will be released on it.
For those interested, this reissue ranges from $20 to $180, and only includes six new songs and a bunch of “rarities, outtakes, instrumentals, interviews and videos,” most of which have been released in some form or another.

Just in case anyone still believes that every reissue knocks it out of the park. I wouldn’t pay $180 for something like that.

"The Miracle" is being reissued as a collector's edition

And people were saying Dangerous can’t get an anniversary edition because it’s not “a classic album”. Is “The Miracle” a classic album? No.

I’m not even aware of the existence of an album called the miracle.
I want it all is the only single I’m familiar with and even that isn‘t a classic.

For those interested, this reissue ranges from $20 to $180, and only includes six new songs and a bunch of “rarities, outtakes, instrumentals, interviews and videos,” most of which have been released in some form or another.

Just in case anyone still believes that every reissue knocks it out of the park. I wouldn’t pay $180 for something like that.

I sometimes feel like you swoop in to try and make everything else looks worse any time anything is mentioned lol

And people were saying Dangerous can’t get an anniversary edition because it’s not “a classic album”. Is “The Miracle” a classic album? No.
The only reason we are getting this is because it's Thriller.

Nope, a deluxe expanded edition of the 1989 album "The Miracle" contaning 5 discs (4 CDs and a DVD/BD).
6 all-new, unheard demos/outtakes will be released on it.
Looking forvard to that one......and the Guns&Roses box set,Springsteen cd,and obviously the MJ release.
All coming this november....there was also a Elvis box set coming this month but sadly that one got delayed.

I sometimes feel like you swoop in to try and make everything else looks worse any time anything is mentioned lol
Not at all my intention! I just felt the need to point out that, for all the insistence that the estate doesn’t always do the right thing (which, yeah), there are countless box sets like this that are filled to the brim with material that doesn’t warrant the price. I think every estate really doesn’t pull their weight in some ways.

if they made thriller 40 a box set with the 3rd "digital" disk as an actual disk along with a victory tour show blueray + cd, i'd say it would have been looked on more fondly.

The only reason we are getting this is because it's Thriller.
Indeed, they might want to play it safe and re-release Thriller, instead of something more obscure. But some people like to believe that only highly praised albums get reissues and anniversary editions, which is not the case, and they use that as an excuse for the Estate.

THRILLER original album draft (1982)

VINYL - Side A

1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (6:02)
2. Hot Street (3:45)
3. The Girl Is Mine (3:42)
4. Thriller (5:57)

VINYL - Side B

5. Billie Jean (6:20)
6. She's Trouble (4:00)
7. Nightline (4:33)
8. Carousel (3:58)
9. The Lady In My Life (6:10)

More expensive doesn’t equal better. T40 will be easier to pick up if you’re shopping for music.

Indeed, they might want to play it safe and re-release Thriller, instead of something more obscure. But some people like to believe that only highly praised albums get reissues and anniversary editions, which is not the case, and they use that as an excuse for the Estate.
Yessir. If that was the case, why Queen would choose The Miracle over A Night at the Opera? So yeah.

THRILLER original album draft (1982)

VINYL - Side A

1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (6:02)
2. Hot Street (3:45)
3. The Girl Is Mine (3:42)
4. Thriller (5:57)

VINYL - Side B

5. Billie Jean (6:20)
6. She's Trouble (4:00)
7. Nightline (4:33)
8. Carousel (3:58)
9. The Lady In My Life (6:10)
That's not the biggest selling album of all time.

No but still better than Bad
looney-toons-daffy-duck.gif

FgpSxo9UcAAuE64

(known) song titles that would fit into the gap

Nightline
Hot Street
Slapstick
Chicago '45
Kentucky
Goin' To Rio
Make A Wish
Llama Lola
Bad Girl
Lonely Man
Sister Sue
Bad Girl was demoed during the Bad sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back