Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be too negative but so far thriller 40 is looking like the best worst case scenario because we’ve heard everything so far in some capacity or it’s just a different take of what we’ve heard. I will be disappointed if the additional 7 tracks follow suit
I would say you failed at managing your expectations.

Compounded by unrealistic speculations & personal opinions presented as facts.

+ a whole dose of negativity

= this thread in a nutshell

Nah, the thread generally has been pretty positive about this release. You just like quoting and responding to literally everything negative anyone says and complaining about it/don't like reading stuff you disagree with. You even qoute people speculating acting like you're somehow calling them out. Maybe you should just let people discuss things and post something yourself that contributes to the discussion around this release that isn't complaining about what other people are saying. :/

I remember hearing that the third verse of Best Of Joy was cut, when the Estate found out that Rod Temperton helped write it with Michael.

Rod was extremely difficult to work with over the use of Thriller in This Is It, I believe he charged them a small fortune for the use of the song in the film, knowing that a big part of the film was showing off the new 3D short film.

So when they found out his involvement with Best Of Joy, they found it easier to remove his part because they didn't want to deal with him so soon after This Is It.

I'm sure I heard that on an episode of the MJCast. Not sure how true it is, so make of it what you will
Michael Prince debunked this. Rod was working on an alternate chorus, which never made it past the writing stage. MJ wrote the third verse himself.

I also recall hearing about Rod being difficult to work with; I think it was from Birchey?

I think Hot Street will be next.

We know Starlight and Hot Street are both going to be on there in some form, may as well announce them sooner rather than later. Finish strong.

I wonder if they'll release a song of Disc 2 early?

Michael Prince debunked this. Rod was working on an alternate chorus, which never made it past the writing stage. MJ wrote the third verse himself.

I also recall hearing about Rod being difficult to work with; I think it was from Birchey?
Ahh did he? I hadn't heard about that.
Thanks for clearing it up mate.

I'm surprised they chose to leave it off, that's if the verse was usable in some form.
As Best Of Joy (as much as I adore it) does feel somewhat short/unfinished.

Sorry for the double post

I likely typed this out before getting confirmation on it. Certainly a valid reason to call me out on though!

I don’t think “unusable” is a fair word to use, as it apparently sounds great. But bear in mind, this was just a reference vocal; MJ wasn’t looking to use it on the final track. Giving a different performance won’t make as much of a difference on the demo, even if it’s unintentional.

It’s always possible I’m way off the mark here, and I’ll own it if so! There seems to be some conflicting info going around regarding this track (this is the first I’ve ever heard November 2008 as the recording date). I’ll do some more digging so I don’t come off like a total ass here, lol. Very valid to question these comments since they’re a lot harder to verify in comparison to the sound of a track.
Oh, well a reference vocal would also fall into the category of "factors". If true, that would make sense and be completely valid

Someone on twitter in the comments mentioned "Sunset Driver" should be on there, but to me, that's an Off The Wall era song....but you have to think about it, maybe it could fit somewhere on T40?

I personally would rather roll with stuff we know were targeted for Thriller originally, and were worked on between OTW and Thriller.

I would say you incorrectly read my post to think i presented my personal opinion as fact

Stab in the dark I think next weeks reveal might be something we have previously purchased, although slightly different

I think carousel uncut (longer into) is it like 4 mins 3 seconds something like that

What do you all think is the next reveal
Is it something like carousel or maybe hot street (never officially released) or something we’re not expecting like rolling the dice or unknown title

It’s not out of the realm of possibilities. They could be holding on to hot street for a real posthumous album.
Indeed, that could be a possibility. However, having both on the same album is something which will most assuredly not happen.

Those who want to hear Hot Street on the album should prepare themselves for Slapstick (Demo).
I can't even lie... i wouldn't even be mad if they decided to include Slapstick and not Hot Street, considering we already got Hot Street in amazing quality, it would be pretty great if they released Slapstick in high quality. (Well, higher quality than the leak, at least)

I’d hope not. They specifically advertised Thriller-era rarities and demos, and to their credit they were forthright about the remixes on B25. They’re 3 for 3 with the announced tracks thus far, and I hope they don’t blow it on a remix.

How can it be when it’s not a demo?
Because the MJE site themselves say that disc 2 isn’t just demos, but “Thriller era bonus material including demos”.

Say Say Say was a Thriller era track. It’s not out of the realm of possibility.

I’d hope not. They specifically advertised Thriller-era rarities and demos, and to their credit they were forthright about the remixes on B25. They’re 3 for 3 with the announced tracks thus far, and I hope they don’t blow it on a remix.
Yeah I don’t want a spot wasted either, but just can see it happening. Will have to wait and see.

Since She's Trouble is already the final on disc 2, so no place for Say Say Say Kygo Remix. My guess is this track will be a standalone single released on the same day as Thriller 40 just like Thriller Steve Aoki Remix with Scream.

You should check out the definition of the word " discussion ".
Pathetic....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back