Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me that every Thriller outtake has already been released or leaked. Ever since we found out that the registered cassette of “Stand Tall” doesn’t have any MJ vocals, I have serious doubts about the other titles that we learned about through the various copyrighting agencies.

Something tells me that every Thriller outtake has already been released or leaked. Ever since we found out that the registered cassette of “Stand Tall” doesn’t have any MJ vocals, I have serious doubts about the other titles that we learned about through the various copyrighting agencies.
How about the songs mentioned by Michael on the Mexico deposition that date back to the Thriller sessions?

How about the songs mentioned by Michael on the Mexico deposition that date back to the Thriller sessions?
To my knowledge, most of those titles were never definitively linked to the Thriller sessions; it was all speculation and rumors. Those that were linked have already either been released or leaked, with the exception of “Rolling the Dice.”

My prediction for the tracklist is:

10. Hot Street
11. Got The Hots
12. Nightline
13. Carousel
14. Behind The Mask
15. Can't Get Outta The Rain
16. The Toy
17. Sunset Driver
18. Starlight
19. She's Trouble

Just listened to Got The Hots for the first time in ages...how was that ever considered strong enough to make the album?

Between, She's Trouble, Niteline, Got The Hots. Thriller has some of the weakest outtakes from any MJ album. How did Quincy listen to hundreds of songs supposedly, and think these were strong enough to record

Yet Quincy is credited for quality control on Mike's albums 🙄

I’m glad we’re finding out this way without any leaks beforehand to spoil the surprise.

I first came across ‘got the hots’ on the digital version of ‘thriller 25’. Michael and Quincy were credited as writers. I always felt it had a temperton vibe similar to ‘off the wall’. good to have some clarification now.

I had a feeling this would make the project. I made a poll over a month ago asking which song was the strongest between it and ‘hot street’.

got the hots’ has that late-night cosmic funk that would fit in with what current artists like Bruno mars, dua lipa, and the weeknd are doing today. those lush multi harmonies on the chorus are trademark mj. it has a catchy chorus and is danceable.

the mix might need to be fixed up a little, but it has hit potential. I’m honestly most excited about this song than the other reveals so far 💜

Just listened to Got The Hots for the first time in ages...how was that ever considered strong enough to make the album?

Between, She's Trouble, Niteline, Got The Hots. Thriller has some of the weakest outtakes from any MJ album. How did Quincy listen to hundreds of songs supposedly, and think these were strong enough to record

...which is why they were never released, not even as b-sides???

There's still 6 more track titles to wait for, 25% of what's been announced is unheard and 75% never before released. Its not a bad ratio there considering how many leaks we have and how many re-releases Thriller has had over the years.

There's still 6 more track titles to wait for, 25% of what's been announced is unheard and 75% never before released. Its not a bad ratio there considering how many leaks we have and how many re-releases Thriller has had over the years.
Thats not gonna happen we will only hear the toy

Rolling the Dice is probably the last hope at anything unheard previously. Got the Hots opens up the opportunity for CGOTR and Carousel to be included. Possibly TGIM solo demo also. I can't imagine Chicago 1945 or Buffalo Bill being included, they're probably saving them for a full album release. Is there any info on Rolling the Dice outside the Mexico deposition?

Quincy and Rod both get way more credit for these albums than they deserve. Hugely talented no doubt, but the strongest material always came from MJ.

Rolling the Dice is probably the last hope at anything unheard previously. Got the Hots opens up the opportunity for CGOTR and Carousel to be included. Possibly TGIM solo demo also. I can't imagine Chicago 1945 or Buffalo Bill being included, they're probably saving them for a full album release. Is there any info on Rolling the Dice outside the Mexico deposition?
I don't think that we'll get another unreleased/unleaked song tbh

Why Can't I Be. That seems to have been recorded. Nymphette Lover? Not much is known about that one.

ROLL THE DICE

• ISWC: T9016107805
  • Work ID: 482154658
  • Total Current ASCAP Share: 100%

Writers

• ASCAP controls: 50%

TEMPERTON RODNEY LYNNPRS126324204

Publishers

• ASCAP controls: 50%

RODSONGS
Contact Info
ASCAP49739830

Sometimes Rod would re-use a song if it never made it on an album. Case in point, Got The Hots. So, was Roll The Dice ever recycled?

Got the Hots.. not heard that in a long, long time.

I see the comments suggest it could be a mega-smash single, but not sure I see it myself.

I don’t care that it was already released in some markets; 90% of the world will be getting it for the first time.

I care that it’s one of the worst songs Michael ever recorded lmfao.
By “90% of the world” you mean the hardcore fan base that this is aimed towards that will stand for the majority of sales for this release?

This is lame, no way around that.

Everyone expected for the disc 2 to include leaked content, it's not the Estate's fault that most of the finished songs from Thriller have already been leaked. We're already getting 2 unleaked songs though so I wouldn't expect more to avoid more disappointment.
Then the flip side of this coin is that it will be the estate’s fault when it doesn’t sell as good as it could because many fans aren’t interested in buying or hearing songs they already bought before.

My man, I remember saying this years ago. The thriller outtakes are simply too weak for Michael Jackson standards. I don’t even understand why they entertained, and recorded these songs in the first place. They could have saved a lot of money and time.

Everyone expected for the disc 2 to include leaked content, it's not the Estate's fault that most of the finished songs from Thriller have already been leaked. We're already getting 2 unleaked songs though so I wouldn't expect more to avoid more disappointment.
A lot of people honestly overestimate how many leaked songs will be on Thriller. Out of the ten tracks coming to the bonus disc, around six will have been songs we've heard before, not counting the two early versions of already-released songs. Let's be honest, there's two more slots for unleaked songs, so let's be paitent.

look, this song while technically was released, really wasnt. it was released in a cd released in japan only. its still good to have it properly released instead of being extremely niche.
Isn't it on Spotify, on itunes or on (legal) Youtube for anybody to hear/buy legally?

By “90% of the world” you mean the hardcore fan base that this is aimed towards that will stand for the majority of sales for this release?

This is lame, no way around that.
Is it aimed at the hardcore fan base? The people who have been vocal about their exhaustion of Thriller and their desire for brand-new, unheard tracks? Or is it aimed at the general public, most of whom have no clue this even exists and would thus benefit from a project that includes EVERY outtake from the era?

Trust me, I wish it wasn’t on there whatsoever either. Terrible, terrible song. But the reasoning behind including it makes some sense, as much as I hate it.

Is it aimed at the hardcore fan base? The people who have been vocal about their exhaustion of Thriller and their desire for brand-new, unheard tracks? Or is it aimed at the general public, most of whom have no clue this even exists and would thus benefit from a project that includes EVERY outtake from the era?

Trust me, I wish it wasn’t on there whatsoever either. Terrible, terrible song. But the reasoning behind including it makes some sense, as much as I hate it.
I don't see the casuals buying this CD, only streaming it. It'll be us to buy it physically.

A little disappointing I guess, but still I did not expect 10 never released songs. They said rare songs didn’t they?

This is not my favorite, but still it Will be great to have in my iTunes.

My man, I remember saying this years ago. The thriller outtakes are simply too weak for Michael Jackson standards. I don’t even understand why they entertained, and recorded these songs in the first place. They could have saved a lot of money and time.
They didn't have a lot of time to record the album.

Also, during this time, Quincy and Rod were busy working on other artists projects during this time period.

I’m surprised got the hots gets shot down by many, I find it extremely catchy. It fits the thriller vibe completely. I think the thriller outtakes are my favorites easily. Some of the Dangerous outtakes (work that body, if you don’t love me) for example sound below par to me.
I also don’t understand some complaints that there is no unheard stuff while 2 songs revealed so far have never been heard or leaked by the fans. We basically got 2 remixes of the toy and behind the mask and that’s it.

For me it is shaping up very well and I hope that Carousel, Hot Street, Nightline and Starlight will be the next songs. What the other 2 tracks are going to be is anyone’s guess. I think it will be a big surprise for all of us in a good way.

Most anniversary releases are almost always aimed at the hardcore fan base. Of course, as with almost all releases, there is also incentive to get casual listeners to listen and buy it but they will never be the target audience. I mean just look at the way they are going about promoting the track list etc . That is clearly, imo, trying to appeal to the hardcore fan base. Bad25 was also target towards the hardcore fan base but at least with Bad we got unheard songs even though it didn’t sell quite that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back