Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My man, I remember saying this years ago. The thriller outtakes are simply too weak for Michael Jackson standards. I don’t even understand why they entertained, and recorded these songs in the first place. They could have saved a lot of money and time.
That's it mate, when you think they were following up Off The Wall, it's crazy to think these tracks were worth recording.

AlwaysThere is right Quincy and Rod get way too much Credit for Michael's achievements.

Mike was the driving force behind his albums, that's evident in the variety and creativity in the demo's

I actually like "Got The Hots" but yes, we got it already back in 2008 on various KIng Of Pop releases.

My guess; It was Baby Be Mine vs Got The Hots for track # 2 and Baby Be Mine won out.

I have never heard Behind The Mask Mike's Mix and The Toy. I don't even know if they have been leaked online or not. So those two are never heard before songs for me. I have also not listened to She's Trouble in over a decade. I don't tend to listen to leaked songs as I feel guilty. So She's Trouble is also like a never heard before song for me. I was really happy with first three announced songs.

But Got To Hots is a massive disappointment. It has already been released before and I decided to give it a listen a few days ago, and I was so bored. I couldn't wait for it to be over, and I don't usually feel that way about Michael's music. I seriously hope next week's song is better and never before released.

Sometimes Rod would re-use a song if it never made it on an album. Case in point, Got The Hots. So, was Roll The Dice ever recycled?
For whatever reason I can only imagine it being derived from "Give Me The Night".🤷‍♂️

Gotta say.. I understand the disappointment, but is it MJE's fault these leaked and further reduced what 'unheard' material we can get?
Exactly. It’s definitely a bummer, but when you’re faced with an era with limited unreleased material you gotta work with what you have. This could’ve been another OTW chalk incident. Plus, it’s one song. Not at all anything to worry about.

Gotta say.. I understand the disappointment, but is it MJE's fault these leaked and further reduced what 'unheard' material we can get?
But Got The Hots has already been released. I wasn't disappointed about the inclusion of She's Trouble that has been leaked.

Is there a solo version of Don't Matter To Me, which is that awful Drake song?

Honestly, I don't remember that much negativity when Bad25 was released. Its bonus disc has also 10 tracks if excluding the (imo shitty) remixes. Out of those 10 tracks 4 were already previously released or leaked.

Honestly, I don't remember that much negativity when Bad25 was released. Its bonus disc has also 10 tracks if excluding the (imo shitty) remixes. Out of those 10 tracks 4 were already previously released or leaked.
I remember plenty of negativity, at least on another forum. There were lots of people slamming the decision to “only” include six songs, to omit certain tracks (“Buffalo Bill,” “Crack Kills,” “Chicago 1945,” etc.), to include the foreign language versions of “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” so on and so forth.

As the resident devil’s advocate, the response to disc 2 so far has been incredibly positive (with the exception of the handful of people whose reactions to “Got the Hots” being included were hilariously out of proportion lol). It’s still better than T25.

So far I prefer it over Bad25. 3 remixes plus 2 foreign language versions of an old song, I never listen to any of those

I remember being over the moon when the tracklist was announced, mainly because Price Of Fame and Al Capone were in it (both were two of the most anticipated unreleased demo's) and 6 brand new songs was brilliant, espicially as we knew nothing about a few of them

My guess; It was Baby Be Mine vs Got The Hots for track # 2 and Baby Be Mine won out.
No, it was actually Hot Street vs Baby Be Mine. A ton of songs often went against each other in Michael's perferred tracklist, so I'd imagine it went down like this:

1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
2. Hot Street --> Baby Be Mine
3. The Girl Is Mine
4. Starlight --> Thriller
5. Behind the Mask (?) --> Beat It
6. Nite Line --> Billie Jean
7. Carousel --> Human Nature
8. Got the Hots --> Pretty Young Thing (MJ's version) --> P.Y.T
9. Mystery (?) --> The Lady In My Life

No, it was actually Hot Street vs Baby Be Mine. A ton of songs often went against each other in Michael's perferred tracklist, so I'd imagine it went down like this:

3. The Girl Is Mine
This is mega controversial, but Hot Street is better than BBM.

3. The Girl Is Mine
Thriller was always a 10 track album up untill its first mastering in late October of '82.

A1 Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
A2 Baby Be Mine
A3 Hot Street
A4 The Girl Is Mine
B1 Beat It
B2 Billie Jean
B3 Human Nature
B4 P.Y.T.
B5 The Lady In My Life

I don't think it is contraversial and I agree that Hot Street is better than Baby Be Mine, even though I really like the latter song.

I feel like they don't compare. It's like trying to compare orange juice to coffee: they're both beverages, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back