What would you consider "proof" that MJ's is over?

Well if it does 'an invincible' - panned by the critics and fails to light up the charts. ofcourse these things shoulden't be important but they are to Michael Jackson, commerically and personally.

MGS was horried, i can barely watch it anymore. The J5 bit was alright but the solo stuff was just horrible. He looked like crap and while the moves wernt bad, you can just tell the magic had gone.
Davis Guest reported that MSG was the most successful music show in tv history.:p

it got upwards of 45 mill watching at least some of the show think it averaged around 25 mill viewers watching all of it.

btw its a shame so many "banned "ex posters are coming back. sadly it looks like MJJC might end up like many other boards and certainly not like the ole days

agreed....

I feel the same way too. And what bothers me even more is that the mods are hardly online anymore. :sleep:

Even though this is the post below this one...also AGREED. lol

Last edited:
personally i enjoyed being in the MSG those 2 nights seeing the shows. afterwards itwas obviously mj was not well as many reports suggested. and vince cannot be compaired because of all the issues it had that are well known.

btw its a shame so many "banned "ex posters are coming back. sadly it looks like MJJC might end up like many other boards and certainly not like the ole days

I feel the same way too. And what bothers me even more is that the mods are hardly online anymore. -_-

well glad it aint just me who noticed. all i can say is the ignore button comes in handy folks. tbh i prefered the quietmess of the old MJJC rather than the influx of others. looks like the inteligent convos of past days with all the ole folks from the forum and long gone. where obie and phatty,wildcats and everyone when u need them lol. those were the days

personally i enjoyed being in the MSG those 2 nights seeing the shows. afterwards itwas obviously mj was not well as many reports suggested. and vince cannot be compaired because of all the issues it had that are well known.

I do not mean to get a bit off topic, but I was a "banned" ex poster of MJJF and are you suggesting that because I, along with many others who never bashed or insulted MJ, were banned, that MJJC is becoming like other MJ boards that are starting to bashed Mr. Jackson? Please explain.

im not talking about you bee i know u had issues with the old management. im talking about what i would deem as trolls that i recognise from other times/boards

No not you Bee. There are others trolls. Your on another level of banned posters ( in a good way!) Im glad ur here.

Well considering MANY people became fans after it and everyone who watched it, that i talked to who arent fans enjoyed it...I don't think it was a failure. And one bad (or even 2 or 3 LOL) performance in ANYONE'S opinion doesn't equal being 'over'.

And Invincible sells isn't a failure because it sold then most HOT acts now. And Invincible's bad association has more to do with it not having the promo and ONE video and MJ not being able to execute the plans he had for it. I think the number it sold was perfectly fine...and it did light up the charts, but it started falling when sony cut the promo lol.

AGREE !!!!

Madonna dropped 5 clips to promote "Confession on the Dnace floor" and the album was claimed to be a BIG succès wereas she sold 10 million of Confession on the Dance floor;
Same for Mariah Carey 10 million for "the confession of MIMI" with all the promotion around this album , the airplays on the radios of "we belong together "
Same for Justin "futur sex love songs" didn't even reach 10 million with 6 video clip for the promotion and all the publicity he has beneficiated .

Michael dropped only 1 video clip "YRMW" , SONY cut thr promo after just 4 months , in 3 months michael succeeded to sell 6 million of invincible , 10 million in 1 year

Better than Madonn , mariah and justin only Britney beat him SO....

I was going to say the only proof for me would be the day he's no longer living, but I know artists live on in their work so, even then, he wouldn't be over. I suppose the only proof that MJ is over for me would have to be the day the world ended. And even then, I'd probably see some of you in Heaven (knock on wood we all make it) asking if St. Peter could put you in the part of Heaven where Michael Jackson is. So, yeah, I guess the answer for me would be NEVER. :p

Michael will never be over, he still has millions of fans around the world.

Michael is a Legend and THE LEGEND will never die
He is now immortal in the world of music .. 100
yrs and more from now people will be discussing
how awesome the King of POp is and of his GREAT
contributions to Music, Dance and films.

well glad it aint just me who noticed. all i can say is the ignore button comes in handy folks. tbh i prefered the quietmess of the old MJJC rather than the influx of others. looks like the inteligent convos of past days with all the ole folks from the forum and long gone. where obie and phatty,wildcats and everyone when u need them lol. those were the days

Yeah, where'd all of them go? It sucks. Now it seems like we've got a bunch of trolls and trouble starters coming on board and making this place resemble certain other fan forums.

And Michael's performance at MSG was good. That performance was what really turned me from a casual fan to a major fan, big time. His solo performance too, over his performance with his brothers. Like you said elusive, Michael was having health problems at that time, and problems with his record lable as well. It was a rough time, but he still lit up the stage. He outdanced Usher's ass while Usher was on top of his game and Michael wasn't feeling good, recovering from broken bones in his foot and other things.

Last edited:
Michael is the biggest selling artist in the world so why on earth would anyone ever say Michael is over. Are you flippin out of your minds. Michael will go down in history and be talked about long after we are all gone. There is and i got my doubts if we will ever see anything like Michael Jackson again. But he will be rememberedfor all time.

all he needs to do is make the music, perform it and they will all eat their share of crow. Some begrudgingly, some will gobble that poultry up with glee but put him on stage and they masses will watch. They will not be able to do anything else but cheer along with the fans that have been awaiting for him, for soo long.

The key here is optimism.

Just look at any recent public appearance Michael has made. Do people show up to boo him ?? Are they holding signs that read pedophile ?? Can you find sound bytes of the crowds chanting, 'we hate you Michael' ??

People cheer him just because he is standing in front of them. Give the man a down beat and a spot lite and it is ON !!

Inside a MJJfan bubble or not, the reality is, the world cannot help but react in awe of Michael Jackson and his presence on stage. Couple that fact with a new track and some funky beats ... it is gonna be on **SNAP**

Last edited:
I hate even thinking about this.. But even if MJ passes away, he'll still not be over.. He'll NEVER be over.

commercially, after that happens, his popularity will sky rocket !!

PSSSsssssssssst....

Check this out, peeps. C'mere.

2001 is gone. 2008 is here.

Michael Jackson is not depressed. Michael Jackson is happy.

Michael Jackson is not frowning. Michael Jackson is smiling.

Michael Jackson is not acting like he's not into the music. Michael Jackson is totally into the music.

This is not the Invincible era. This is a new era that's approaching.

These are not even the days where Michael was unable to defend himself in court against past allegations. These are the days after he kicked much butt!

These are not the days where the CEO of his record label is working against him. These are the days where that CEO is gone!

These are not even the days where he feels he needs to be at Neverland recapturing his childhood. These are the days where he is embracing his manhood.

It's time to play catch up...

This is not the past. This is now.

These are not even the days of MJJ Productions. These are the days of The Michael Jackson Company.

These are the days of "The New Beginning." :yes:

Signs of anew are all around you.

Are you ready?

Last edited:
:sparkle:^^^^psst, psst . . . I always did like your posts. tell 'em girl!!!

Who wrote the first post? Dickhead Dimond? Roger Friedbrains? Get out of here with this tish!

Last edited:
These are not even the days where he is focused on who may hate him. These are the days where he is focused on who loves him.

Excerpt from his 2006 World Music Awards acceptance speech:

"There have been so many who have loved me and stood by me throughout the forty-two years that I have been in the entertainment business."

If there was a time when he didn't know he is greatly loved, he knows now. The only place he would probably put the word "over" is after the word "starting."

Last edited:
These are not even the days where he is focused on who may hate him. These are the days where he is focused on who loves him.

Excerpt from his 2006 World Music Awards acceptance speech:

"There have been so many who have loved me and stood by me throughout the forty-two years that I have been in the entertainment business."

If there was a time when he didn't know he is greatly loved, he knows now. The only place he would probably put the word "over" is after the word "starting."
I am so glad you mentioned the part that I highlighted, cause this is what I have noticed for a while now. It was made very clear to me when he specifically mentioned his fans. MJ is focussing on the people that love him. He has turned his back on the haters. he isn't even trying to impress them. I hope the fans understand that.:D

Back