Where Is The Promo?!?

This iS IT!!

The promo will start now, HOLD My Hand Video is now released, with showcase with special on MTV ,VH1 etc, utube! and heavy rotation on the adverts!! Hopefully loads over the xfactor final!

Ele you said about a Michael is in me, campaign when will that start??

Album is out in New Jersey or Australia...
2dtvtaw.jpg

tumblr_ld1l9jyFmD1qbwu2eo1_500.jpg

In Slovakia there will be radio stations´promotion specials next week.
Or on our largest online store there was a front promo ad....

According to MJStar, something BIG will happen in the UK to promote 'Michael' today!

They also say Teddy's in the UK Doing press for the album today and tomorrow.

This is from Radio 1 Newsbeat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11957645

Last edited:
According to MJStar, something BIG will happen in the UK to promote 'Michael' today!

Today ??

Please Ele, Smooth, Damien, GAZ - do you have any insight info about that?

BIG IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT!! WELL DONE SONY!!!

Gary this would be like what you achieved when you worked on the promo for Number One's !! Do i see a little bit of YOUR direction here lol:p

I squeeled everytime I saw a poster of 'Michael' on the way to school today! Very exciting indeed, especially as I wasn't in the city centre itself (Birmingham). :D

Another world record for MJ.

He would have loved that. - The poster i HUGE !!! :lol:

Great

Gary this would be like what you achieved when you worked on the promo for Number One's !! Do i see a little bit of YOUR direction here lol:p

Am I missing something???

Edit: woops ignore me! Just seen the HUGE poster! :D

Also, the album was being discussed on Sky News this morning with Eamonn Holmes. Eamonn was being his miserable, old self though but they talked about Sony expecting the album to shift around 400,000 thousand copies in the UK and they played HMH (without the video) in which Eamonn made a stupid comment about the fact there wasn't a music video (I really hate that man) but anyway, at least its getting more promo over here!
:D

The album needs a major push in the US. I don't see anything except the Michael Jackson ad square on itunes and that's it. Serious question, am I missing something?

Yes please!

This is the promo thread and we should post everything we see here.

It's so exciting!:wild:

------

Another world record for MJ.

He would have loved that. - The poster i HUGE !!! :lol:

Great

:wild::clapping::wild::clapping: Yayyyyy!!! This is great!!! I keep seeing ads on every site for MICHAEL!

i heard a advert on the radio today...capital fm i think it was. Basically advertising the new single is out now with akon and little sample...

Album is out in New Jersey or Australia...
2dtvtaw.jpg

tumblr_ld1l9jyFmD1qbwu2eo1_500.jpg
OMG... I want that bus!! LMAO. :lol: I have yet to see big promos like that here! I am hoping that will change. :(
Isn't the bus one from Korea or something, cause the writing is in Korean.

Funny...or sad that here in Hungary i asked about the album in a big CD store (department) and they did not even heard of it...they kindly told me that TII the NEW ALBUM is out for 1 year. Okay..i told them there is the album "Michael" coming..they never heard..had to look for it in the computer and stuff. Then said...they will have it sometimes early next week. ufff....

In Holland the promo has begun. In the major papers metro and spits of the country
there was a huge poster of the album and on shownews and RTL Boulevard
Major entertainment shows in Holland they mentioned the new album michael
and 2 advertisements spots after the shows of the new Michael advertisement
Sony is doing their thing untill now.

In Germany there are ad banners hanging around in the largest cities and TV ads at the prime time on the most viewed TV channels.

You can't really complain about the promo.
Especially while the CD sales aren't that good anymore.

I hope we will get some posters in the recordstore... if so I will ask some and put them in front of my window at home ;)

The following press release is from the Guiness Book of World Records:

Guinness World Records, the global authority on record breaking, today confirms that a poster erected to mark the release of Michael Jackson’s ‘Michael’ album (released 13th December) has set a new record as the world’s largest poster.
veryhappy.gif
claphappy.gif
giveheart.gif

Guinness World Records confirmed that the poster of Michael Jackson’s ‘Michael’ measures 171ft by 170ft with a total surface area of 29,070 ft², smashing the previous record - held by the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver - by more than 110 ft².

To put it into perspective, the ‘Michael’ poster would take over three quarters of the pitch at Wembley stadium, is longer than the equivalent of six Routemaster buses end-to-end and if upright would be higher than Nelson’s column.

The poster, made of PVC and weighing one ton, took engineers three hours to install - and is less than 3,000 meters from one of Heathrow’s main runways, literally viewable by all planes arriving/ departing.

Guinness World Records requires the world's largest poster to be publically displayed and formed of one single piece of material; it must also advertise a commercially available product. Guinness World Records sent an official adjudicator to the site situated at Rectory Farm in Middlesex to officially verify and measure the ‘Michael’ poster.

Tarika Vara, Guinness World Records adjudicator, said: “This is a massive achievement and it brings me great pleasure to confirm that with this new world record, Michael Jackson's 'Michael' has earned its place in history. This poster has not only achieved incredible scale but it has combined this with intricate detail and having seen it up close I can confirm that the quality of the image is fantastic. Michael Jackson already holds a number of Guinness World Records and we are thrilled to award another title to the King Of Pop.”

The poster will stay at what will be known as ‘Michael’s Field’ until 23rd December, after which, the poster will travel via sea container into continental Europe where it will be toured and displayed.
girldance.gif

Michael Jackson’s Guinness World Records include:

World’s best-selling album for ‘Thriller’
Highest annual earnings for a pop star from 1989 and this record remains unbroken 21 years later
Most hit singles on UK singles chart in one year in 2006 when Michael had 19 singles in the UK Top 40

Source-Source: MJFC / MJOnline, The Official Online Team of the Michael Jackson Estate

michaelposter640.jpg

Back