Which are the stereotypes about your country??

Jackson Rules

Proud Member
A lot of people thinks that all the italians are mafia related, pizza-eaters, hand gestures, "mamma mia" and others...

What about you??

I really don't know what to tell about my country since it's small and not so known as Italy or Vietnam..

Canadians are all I know are hockey loving, poutine eating and multi-cultured country. No wonder foreigners comes to Canada, I love when they come to home country.

Canadians are all I know are hockey loving, poutine eating and multi-cultured country. No wonder foreigners comes to Canada, I love when they come to home country.
Mmmmm....poutine....:hungry:

we just wear clogs, live in windmills, grow tulips and marijuhana, eat cheese and are really cheap! (Holland) Well I do love cheese, but the rest I have to disagree with :p

Well, I could say some things about my state and region for stereotypes: We all talk like surfer dudes and valley girls in California, Los Angeles is the only city in California (especially when they say Disneyland is in LA. It's not :p) I don't call Orange County, The OC, unless I'm lazy. I've never even seen that show. :doh: Hollywood is beautiful looking. No.

Actually looked up stereotypes for Orange County and got: Orange County - Megachurches. Republicanoids. Plastic lawns.

Well, that's true except for the plastic lawns thing.

i gather some non-americans think all americans are like this....

fat
stupid
loud
obnoxious
love war
wanna take over the world
never read
racist
don't know real humor
can't make scary games or movies
don't know anything about the rest of the world
rednecks/hillbillies
celebrity obsessed
lazy
cowboys
play sissy sports (compared to rugby hahaha..see this one so many times)
extremely patriotic
everybody loves guns

I forgot to say that we don't eat spaghetti and meatballs, like the most of the italian-americans do. We eat spaghetti as main course and meatballs as second course.
And we aren't "guidos".

i gather some non-americans think all americans are like this....

fat
stupid
loud
obnoxious
love war
wanna take over the world
never read
racist
don't know real humor
can't make scary games or movies
don't know anything about the rest of the world
rednecks/hillbillies
celebrity obsessed
lazy
cowboys
play sissy sports (compared to rugby hahaha..see this one so many times)
extremely patriotic
everybody loves guns

Americans talk a lot but they mean well and are very generous.

That we're either walking around in top hats, sipping tea, and speaking the Queens English and saying things such as "wotwotwot", "by jove", "poppycock" and "cheerio".

Or that we're all cockneys, fresh from sweeping the chimney, walking around with our thumbs in our braces and saying things such as "shine ya shoes guv?" and "applesNpears" whilst giving a stereotypical cheeky cockney wink.

Even in England these are the stereotypes given to Londoners, but outside of England it is the whole English stereotype lol.

Well.... :fear: I think many here know much about Brazil. :wild: :p Or not? :shifty:

In Italy, some people think that Brazil is famous only for Samba, Carnival and transexuals... I don't know if that's real, I don't think so.

That we're either walking around in top hats, sipping tea, and speaking the Queens English and saying things such as "wotwotwot", "by jove", "poppycock" and "cheerio".

Or that we're all cockneys, fresh from sweeping the chimney, walking around with our thumbs in our braces and saying things such as "shine ya shoes guv?" and "applesNpears" whilst giving a stereotypical cheeky cockney wink.

Even in England these are the stereotypes given to Londoners, but outside of England it is the whole English stereotype lol.

Lol I love British cause they're kind, honest and friendly :p and also there are a lot of good scenes in London :D My mum will go to London next year :D

In Italy, some people think that Brazil is famous only for Samba, Carnival and transexuals... I don't know if that's real, I don't think so.

Foreigners looking crooked for Brazilians and if is woman.... :fear: The Brazilian woman is seen as a bitch because of our Carnival, where the women wear little clothing :fear: and bla bla bla..... There are many more :fear: :( .... But unfortunately true. In many countries, Brazilians are not very welcome. I know a lot of people who had been in other countries and suffered prejudice for being Brazilian.

Foreigners looking crooked for Brazilians and if is woman.... :fear: The Brazilian woman is seen as a bitch because of our Carnival, where the women wear little clothing :fear: and bla bla bla..... There are many more :fear: :( .... But unfortunately true. In many countries, Brazilians are not very welcome. I know a lot of people who had been in other countries and suffered prejudice for being Brazilian.

Well, there are a lot of people from South America here, so I think there aren't any problems between Italians and Brazilians :)
Brazilians are very welcome, especially if they're good football players and they will play for AC Milan :p

Well, there are a lot of people from South America here, so I think there aren't any problems between Italians and Brazilians :)
Brazilians are very welcome, especially if they're good football players and they will play for AC Milan :p

AC Milan is cool :)
Although I like english teams more, like Liverpool and Man. United ;)

Sweden has polar bears and the girls love to make love to strangers.
We are boring, serious,keep a distance to people we don´t know.

I am from the United States I really don't know what the stereotypes are for my country. But I can tell you what the stereotypes are for my state of Pennsylvania.:

Pennsyltucky (A slang word describing how rural Pennsylvania is. Outside of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.)
There are trailer parks everywhere
That we are all Pennsylvanian Dutch or German
We are all Amish and speak German

Because of that Amish thing we don't use electricity

Well the ones in purple is very true for me. Since I am of Pennsylvanian Dutch heritage. And I am both Amish and Mennonite descent. Even though I am part German I do not have a German accent. But I do know how to speak and read some German. But that electricity thing is just plain ridiculous. Even though I am of Amish origin I use electricity constantly. I live a half an hour away from Lancaster County. Or what I like to call Amish country and the Amish there don't use electricity at all. Or any other modern day conveniences. But the Mennonites are different they can use modern day stuff if they want to.

Back