Which songs would you wish to see Michael record in the studio?

Jokes aside, I would like to see recording songs from 1998-2009 and Earth Song.

Yeah that would be a good one. Though, we kind of see that in the live performances, especially since he sings it live. He really gets into it. Same for MITM.
Actually I would say he catches the spirit in every live song (but then people are going to complaining oh-he-did-not-sing-them-live)
this would have been before it became ‘routine’ though. which would have made the emotions more raw and genuine. much like the first time he performed ‘billie jean’.

Michael sang the lyric ‘do think twice’ through a two foot cardboard tube, when recording ‘billie Jean’. that would be interesting to see.

it would be fun/funny to see Michael and Paul McCartney record the spoken dialogue of ‘the girl is mine’ 😄

apparently a speaker 🔈 burst into flames 🔥 during the recording of ‘beat it’. there was too much electrical equipment being used at once. Michael and Quincy saw it as an indicator of how ‘hot’ the track was😄

apparently a speaker 🔈 burst into flames 🔥 during the recording of ‘beat it’. there was too much electrical equipment being used at once. Michael and Quincy saw it as an indicator of how ‘hot’ the track was😄
They were not wrong!

james ingram describes michael in the studio recording 'p.y.t'. would love to see this 💜
This was brilliant. Thanks so much for posting. The guy tells the story really well. Made me laugh.

Yeah, I would have loved to witness that. Reminds me of that anecdote from when Michael was recording his vocal for Scream. The guy (forget his name) said when Michael started to sing he turned into a Tasmanian Devil - by which I assume he meant Michael was dancing like crazy while he was singing.

I would love to see either of those sessions. Would have been awesome.

james ingram describes michael in the studio recording 'p.y.t'. would love to see this 💜
This is exactly why I would want to see him record literally any song. Even if he was standing completely still I know it would be dynamic as hell. But it's pretty safe to assume he would be moving a lot and that passion would set the whole place on fire :love:

Oh this is wonderful! Thanks for sharing. Would have been so much fun to just watch Michael record, totally into the song. I guess that's what led to his signature breathing sounds, he was literally tired from dancing 😂

I made a thread some time ago that I would gladly see a studio footage documentary. I hope the higher ups read this forum to see what we all want to see.

James Ingram didn’t sound bad at all while moving he should be proud. That dancing though 😂

Adding a few more:

Don't Walk Away
Will You Be There - not the spoken word bit, just the sung vocals.
Can't Get Outta The Rain - he's jamming and just going wild. For his laugh alone this one would be worth watching. Love it.
Dream Away
J5 - If I Have To Move A Mountain (but not if the studio is full of everyone else watching - too much pressure for the brothers, I don't want to add to it)

Last edited:
Speechless, Man in The Mirror and Keep The Faith is high on my list.

But Will You Be There would be epic too.

If Michael would be happy to keep the studio lights up I'd like to see him record Scared of the Moon. And Little Susie.

Will You Be There
Who Is It
Man in the Mirror

I would like to see a one take version of Keep The Faith !

Sometimes music gets elevated when an artist performs it or when you see how it all evolved in the studio. When Brad Sundberg in one of his seminars showed footage of Michael performing childhood in the studio we were told it was a very special moment, something goosebump worthy. It makes a difference when we are not only able to hear but also to see facial reactions and emotions while recording or performing music. Unfortunately being the poor chap that I am I was never able to attend one of these seminars so all I got are honest reactions and reviews of those precious moments.
When I was reading one of those reviews here I started thinking which particular song would interest me the most to see studio footage from.

The one track that sprung to mind was "we've had enough". We are not yet graced with a leak or release of the tracks multi tracks or different takes of the song but there is no doubt in my mind that watching Michael recording this stuff in the studio would be awe inspiring and most likely incredibly emotional. There is an anger and confusion in his delivery of the lines that can only be understood when we can watch his emotions evolve and grow during the recording session. Michael always gave 100% when he sang, he never held back, especially not when a song has an important, relevant message like we've had enough. I believe this is one of the songs where you stop whatever it is your doing when it comes on because you immediately hear the emotion in his voice. I wish people oblivious of the song could experience this one day on the radio.

I purely wanted to highlight this track because to my knowledge I never talked about this song on here before. If you know me a bit you can probably fill in other songs that I am hugely fascinated by and the little exposition above could have been written for "be not always" or "someone in the dark" and so much more.

What is your pick?
Thriller

Honestly ANY song I would die to see.

But Earth Song and TDCAU would be pretty amazing !

Back