Which Unreleased Song Would You Pick?

JEMFTV

Proud Member
Imagine you are invited to Epic Records to an "Vault-Tour" with L.A. Reid.
Suddenly at the end of the day, he approaches you and says:
"You can pick one Unreleased Song, which is stored here, then, i'm gonna give you an Copy of it on a CD".

Which Unreleased Song Would You Pick?
I would like to hear one another Track from the Invincible Era, Darkchild an MJ worked reportedly on 30 different songs at the end of 2000.
Or i would choose "I Was The Loser".
But what whould you pick?

Last edited:
I would love this to happen !!!
Probably, Men In Black, it's meant to be amazing.
Or Stop Throwin' Your Life Away, it's mean to be one of the best songs we have left !
Great thread by the way

Is it okay not to abide the rules and just take all the songs from the vault lol
But I would take Joy from the Dangerous era; I'd like to hear how his version turned out
Or I would take Silent Spring (if it ever exists)

I want "Hot Street" to be properly released in good quality.
I agree about "Joy."
If MJ ever recorded "Innocent Man" i'd love to hear it but I don't think he ever recorded it.
But mostly I want to hear all the Invincible outtakes, or any outtakes he worked on between 2002 -2009.

I'd go for a song that hasn't been leaked on the internet yet. Asking for one of those leaked tracks would be pretty stupid given the fact you're allowed to pick one song out of the many in the vault.

That said, it would be a tough choice between Chicago 1945, Throwin' Your Life Away, Buffalo Bill, or Men In Black.

I'd would love to get "Days In Gloucestershire" or "I Was The Loser" or "Stop Throwin' Your Life Away" or "Seeing Voices" (Of course I'd take all these songs in Studio Masters quality :wild: ) :wub: :wub: :wub:

a track done after 2005/2006.
I'd die for listening to that stuff (redOne sessions).

Oooh yeah I forgot about Bottle Of Smoke. I'd want to hear that one too. :)

Just read on gearslutz.com that "Men In Black" was allegedly supposed to be the lead single from the shelved Decade Greatest Hits Collection. It was removed as the album concept changed. That maybe hints that this unreleased song may has potential.

Just read on gearslutz.com that "Men In Black" was allegedly supposed to be the lead single from the shelved Decade Greatest Hits Collection. It was removed as the album concept changed. That maybe hints that this unreleased song may has potential.

But how much potential if he never released it later in his life or reworked it (to our knowledge)?

I want "Hot Street" to be properly released in good quality.
I agree about "Joy."
If MJ ever recorded "Innocent Man" i'd love to hear it but I don't think he ever recorded it.
But mostly I want to hear all the Invincible outtakes, or any outtakes he worked on between 2002 -2009.

Im not really familiar with Michaels unreleased material yet and just accidentally found "hot street" on youtube and I raped the replay button. I cant believe this song was considered "not good enough" for Thriller. I hope that the fact that it wasnt included on thriller 25 or ultimate collection means they have some plan for it. I reallly really hope. So good.

Im not really familiar with Michaels unreleased material yet and just accidentally found "hot street" on youtube and I raped the replay button. I cant believe this song was considered "not good enough" for Thriller. I hope that the fact that it wasnt included on thriller 25 or ultimate collection means they have some plan for it. I reallly really hope. So good.
I agree, Hot Street is incredible! Rod Temperton at his finest. It's one of my favourite outtakes.

If it's still available in 2000 Watts, get a hold of the Thriller demos. This tape leaked in 2009. It contains some other unreleased tracks (Carousel, Trouble, Nite Line), demos of some songs that did make the album (the demo for Thriller, called Starlight, among others) as well as some of the writer's demos (incl. Steve Porcaro's version of Human Nature) and a PYT instrumental. Slapstick, the demo for Hot Street, later leaked in better quality too.

Another Thriller demo, Got The Hots, was released on the Japanese edition of Thriller 25, so maybe you are able to find that somewhere as well. Love the chorus on that one.

I agree, Hot Street is incredible! Rod Temperton at his finest. It's one of my favourite outtakes.

If it's still available in 2000 Watts, get a hold of the Thriller demos. This tape leaked in 2009. It contains some other unreleased tracks (Carousel, Trouble, Nite Line), demos of some songs that did make the album (the demo for Thriller, called Starlight, among others) as well as some of the writer's demos (incl. Steve Porcaro's version of Human Nature) and a PYT instrumental. Slapstick, the demo for Hot Street, later leaked in better quality too.

Another Thriller demo, Got The Hots, was released on the Japanese edition of Thriller 25, so maybe you are able to find that somewhere as well. Love the chorus on that one.

unfortunately I dont have the password for 2000 watts :/
Some of those songs are on itunes on the Ultimate fan collection, so im going to buy some of those which are completed including Got the Hots. As for the unreleased ones that password would be helpful :) If anyone can message me I would be forever thankful :)

Actually the Thriller demos were around longer then 2009. I seem to recall hearing Hot Street, Niteline, She's Trouble and Carousel before 2001 on the Internet.

Actually the Thriller demos were around longer then 2009. I seem to recall hearing Hot Street, Niteline, She's Trouble and Carousel before 2001 on the Internet.
Yeah, they leaked in low quality in (I think) 2002. We got higher quality (and in some cases different) versions on the Thriller demo tape that leaked in 2009.

Back to the topic at hand, of all the Thriller outtakes from the ones listed above, IMO Hotstreet sounds the best. Whomever cleaned it up and posted it in HQ did a great job.

everything from the Bad era is my pick oh :bow:

unfortunately I dont have the password for 2000 watts :/
Some of those songs are on itunes on the Ultimate fan collection, so im going to buy some of those which are completed including Got the Hots. As for the unreleased ones that password would be helpful :) If anyone can message me I would be forever thankful :)

If you want a password for 2000 watts you have to ask a mod for it.

Well, we are not allowed to reveal it here, because here are also guests. But PM someone like Karom, i'm sure you get the password.

Any vocal recording's post trial, any other song's from 1989 + Unreleased Dangerous, Invincible tracks etc.. & maybe some tracks from the Off The Wall & Men In Black + I'll Be There adult.. everything really

Also songs from HIStory sessions. We know so little about those songs but according to sources MJ was working on 50 songs at the time! I would love to hear these: Ask, Revenge, The Best Thing, Family Thing.. as seen on these photos:

http://www.mjlegend.com/news/en-bref-180/

Also songs from HIStory sessions. We know so little about those songs but according to sources MJ was working on 50 songs at the time! I would love to hear these: Ask, Revenge, The Best Thing, Family Thing.. as seen on these photos:

http://www.mjlegend.com/news/en-bref-180/

May be Ask Rene #3 and Family Affair ( Demo of Ghosts) has vocals it was also mentioned on the Dangerous Lyric Sheet Which Was Auctioned long back.

Revenge,Bombay Nights, Evil Eye Does not contain any vocals it was just instrumentals..

May be Ask Rene #3 and Family Affair ( Demo of Ghosts) has vocals it was also mentioned on the Dangerous Lyric Sheet Which Was Auctioned long back.

Revenge,Bombay Nights, Evil Eye Does not contain any vocals it was just instrumentals..

What is your source for that? That Family Affair is demo of Ghosts? For what I know Family Affair was supposed to be Addams Family Values theme. Also what is your source for Revenge and other titles you mentioned (unknown to me)?

Also the tape says "Family Thing" not Family Affair.

Back