Who Is It

I absolutely just love that song. Have ever since I first heard Michael singing that song on that Oprah interview in 93. I absolutely just love the beatboxing that he does. Ever since Michael's death Who Is It has been my most played MJ song. I have several different versions of that song. I am listening to the Ihs Mix version of it now. Who Is It is one of Michael's songs that I can practically just listen to it forever and I still won't be tired of it. And out of the 11 Michael Jackson posters that I have. I am planning on getting more of them. My Who Is It poster that is right about my bed. Is my most cherished MJ poster. It would probably just kill me if anything should ever happen to that poster. I love that poster more than all of my other MJ posters combined.

Uff I was 5 years old when I first heard this song, and I remembered being in my room, just dancing. I didn't understand a single word he was saying back then (I'm argentinian, so at the age of five my english was really weak) , but the atmosphere of the song ...boy, that blew me away.

Funny thing about the video, I've always read that Mike pulled the video out, but in Argentina, that never happened, the video as seen on DANGEROUS THE SHORT FILMS, was shown on Argentinian channels all the time, back in the days. And actually, I first saw the MONTAGE edition of the video, not so long ago.

who is it is probably my all time favorite MJ song. the chorus with the screaming and all of the emotion is just incredible.

I totally agree.

I adore this song and cannot get enough of it.

The beginning, the melody, the screaming, the ad libs at the end....absolutely amazing.

So much emotion in a 6 minutes 33 seconds song.

The same for me here. I really love this song :wub: It's such a great piece of music... unfortunately I never saw the video... anyone got a link for youtube or something? :angel:

Definitely in my top favorites. He puts so much emotion into it that it gets me really emotional while listening to it. And the acapella version of it...well I find that one hard to listen to. :(

1936829_123195662222_547986_n.jpg

Last edited:
I love Who Is it! That beat came straight from his beatboxing...Pure genius!

Uff I was 5 years old when I first heard this song, and I remembered being in my room, just dancing. I didn't understand a single word he was saying back then (I'm argentinian, so at the age of five my english was really weak) , but the atmosphere of the song ...boy, that blew me away.

Funny thing about the video, I've always read that Mike pulled the video out, but in Argentina, that never happened, the video as seen on DANGEROUS THE SHORT FILMS, was shown on Argentinian channels all the time, back in the days. And actually, I first saw the MONTAGE edition of the video, not so long ago.

I'm pretty sure they played it here in Canada as well...I remember seeing it on TV

What Who Is It poster? Can you describe the picture(s)?

I absolutely just love that song. Have ever since I first heard Michael singing that song on that Oprah interview in 93. I absolutely just love the beatboxing that he does. Ever since Michael's death Who Is It has been my most played MJ song. I have several different versions of that song. I am listening to the Ihs Mix version of it now. Who Is It is one of Michael's songs that I can practically just listen to it forever and I still won't be tired of it. And out of the 11 Michael Jackson posters that I have. I am planning on getting more of them. My Who Is It poster that is right about my bed. Is my most cherished MJ poster. It would probably just kill me if anything should ever happen to that poster. I love that poster more than all of my other MJ posters combined.

Who Is It is definitely one of my favourite Michael songs...It's totally Michael, the beat is all him...raw...I love it!! Good thread!

This is my number one song of all time! Love the dark edge to it!

I remember really connecting with Who Is It when I broke up with my girlfriend in August. It's actually a really strong messaged song :) L.O.V.E.

I love this song! Its definately one of the top 3 best songs on the dangerous album IMHO. There is so much passion in his delivery of the lyrics.

I am the Fan of this song!
love it, adore it..
i listen to it every day, and never get bored with it...
amazingly wonderful,
THE BEST SONG EVER !

A real shame we never got to see this song performed live!

That was my biggest dream.

love this song. it was my ringtone until june 25th. now its the boring nokia tune

The 1989 demo to Who Is It is entitled It Doesn't Really Matter. Was supposed to be released on DECADE [1979-1989].

this beat can go on and on for days in my head, loving every second of it :)

I think it is one of Michael's most greatest songs. I am listening to Mo's Extended version of Who Is It now. I so love that beat boxing that Michael does. I can spend all eternity just listening to all the different versions of Who Is It. And I still won't be tired of it. It is one of my most played MJ songs.

"Who is it" is one of the best MJ songs of all time IMO and definitely the best song on "Dangerous"! This just shows he should have made a lot more songs all alone (ie. writing and producing them single-handedly). I think this song shows what a genius he was.

I also like the video, I think it goes well with the song. I like that it's dark.

I also think the song was kind of underrated at the time of its release. By quality it's a classic, easily up there with Billie Jean IMO!

the lyrics in who is it are genius
"i am the damned
i am the dead
i am the agony inside the dying head"
thts my fav lines who else could write a song about someone cheating with such passion only mj :)

I agree, one of Michael's best songs but also too underrated!

Too bad he never performed it live.

Here is my quick instrumental mix of WII from TII using the 5.1 mix:
[youtube]7XmWtS_Tsi8[/youtube]

Last edited:
Who is it. Let's discuss!

Hi everyone.
I've posted about this song in random thoughts a few mins ago, and decided it was worth a mention and thread of it's own!:yes:

Who is it song. This song has been my song for today.
Both versions, on Dangerous album, and also on the Ultimate collection as Who is it HS mix! :yes:

Would like to hear your thoughts on this song. I LOVE it, as it expresses Michael's yearning so much.
It doesnt seem to matter, and it doesnt seem right, etc!
Somebody hurt my soul now, I can't take it cos I'm lonely! :no:
Don't you judge by my composure cos I'm bothered everyday!
Miss you MJ:(
This song to me expresses Michaels emotions so much. I know loads of them do, but for some reason this one has really stood out to me today.
Love to hear your thoughts on this song!
Thanks for reading. :angel:

Back