Who Is It

I love this song to bits, and he looks fab in the video.

Love its in top 3 favourite songs and the video is in the top 2 its epic

I've always loved this song. The beat is haunting (it sounds like horse hoofs to me) but his vocals, the emotions he brings tothe song is really gut wrenching. Just wonderful.

I've always loved this song. The beat is haunting (it sounds like horse hoofs to me) but his vocals, the emotions he brings tothe song is really gut wrenching. Just wonderful.

I like the way you explained that..:D

yes this is one of the best for sure. i love the way he builds tension on the song... amazing! i even wrote a blog entry about it on my website, regarding how much emotion was in the song. i remember one saturday night while i was in high school, i watched the video like 30 times in a row! GENIUS!

ohh lord, i still remember the first time listening to '' Who Is It '' as a small boy :woohoo: ... i was so amazed about the beat & the melody i couldnt get it out of my head :chillin: - i kept replaying the song over and over again and nothing has changed it still is today one of my all time favorites :clapping: gotta love the Dangerous Album !!!

The track is absolutely flawless in any way.

The verses, the chorus,the music,the lyrics.............everything!

I think it's one of Michael's best vocal performances.He puts everything into it!!!You can clearly feel his passion and tension.

It's my mom's favorite Michael Jackson song.She just loves watching the acapella Oprah clip over and over!

How have I missed this thread, Who Is It is just pure genius, from the beat, especially when he beat boxes it on Oprah! The lyrics are some of Michael's best in particular the hook, beginning to end a complete masterpiece!! Makes the hairs on my arms stand up :D

nice topic, allow me to ask:

Who was it?
Was it a friend of him?
Was it his brother?
Who was it?

almost 24 years have past since MJ had asked this publicly - do we have an answer?

One of my friends and I were talking about this today. He is a hardcore fan like me (we went to London/O2 together), but he is a generation older than I and is kind of Quincy Jones purist. He likes all of MJ's music but wasn't quite as impressed with Dangerous. He and I have had this debate several times about how fantastic Dangerous is as an album, and how Who Is It is the BEST song on it, by far (which says a lot because it's so great!).

He came over today so we could hang and talk MJ and he admitted he pulled up Who Is It on his player and jammed out - thinking about our conversation - and was hooked! He said he saw it in a whole new light and had to admit how truly awesome the song is.

Truly one of MJ's finest. Always has been my favorite on Dangerous, far and away.

I love Who is it, especially when he sings that particular line with the chords following. So special.
Ohh and when I saw the making of Dreams pepsi commercial I fell in love with it even more, he is gorgeous there.

Who Is It is one of his best songs EVER! The video is gorgeous and the song itself is a masterpiece. It's so sad he never got to sing this live on tour. I would've died. I always wondered why he excluded so many songs from Dangerous on the tour that was supposed to support that album. I mean Who Is It, Give in to Me, Remember the Time, In the Closet. They were all singles released from that album and they were all quite successful. I heard he did rehearse them for the fourth and fifth leg, which never materialized, but why didn't he sing those songs from the beginning?

Who Is It is one of his best songs EVER! The video is gorgeous and the song itself is a masterpiece. It's so sad he never got to sing this live on tour. I would've died. I always wondered why he excluded so many songs from Dangerous on the tour that was supposed to support that album. I mean Who Is It, Give in to Me, Remember the Time, In the Closet. They were all singles released from that album and they were all quite successful. I heard he did rehearse them for the fourth and fifth leg, which never materialized, but why didn't he sing those songs from the beginning?

I would LOVE to hear Give in to me live as well, for me its like a Dirty Diana follow up, not lyrically but sonically.

Wow, I was surprised to read that, back in the day, people didn't like the video for WII. I think it's a masterpiece (with or without the impersonator), accompanying a truly wonderful song. It's so dark and mysterious and unlike any other video. And Michael looks amazing in it!

I think it's a masterpiece (with or without the impersonator), accompanying a truly wonderful song. It's so dark and mysterious and unlike any other video. And Michael looks amazing in it!

The impersonator wowed me because honestly, his build was spot-on. The hands and shoulders!

I like the video, but I can see why it wasn't very well received because if you think about it, it was really his first "sad" film piece. Think about Remember the Time, Black or White, Thriller, Smooth Criminal, etc...even Give In To Me, which...was meh haha was upbeat and energetic. I don't think people were used to seeing him act that way on film. I love it, though I have to admit that Scream is my absolute favorite!

I always wondered this as well. Who Is It and Give in to Me would have been phenomenal preformed live!

And add me to the list of people who absolutely adores the video for Who Is It. I used to watch it on repeat.

At which part is the impersonator seen? Anyone have screenshots?

Back