Who knows ? P.Y.T

Treasure

Proud Member
I hope I'll post this question in the right section...as I am new here, I still need to find my way around.

Does anyone know, who the male background singer on the single PYT is?
Wiki tells me the backingvocals are Janet and Latoya but they don't mention a male singer and I don't think it is Michael...or is he?

Thanks in advance

Karin

Thanks Treasure for your question :D

I found the answer in a BETTER source. :cheeky:

The Zombie hard cover CD from Thriller 25 shows indeed other male background vocals.

The PYT's are:

Janet Jackson
LaToya Jackson
Becky Lopez
Bunny Hill

Additional background vocals are:

James Ingram
Howard Hewitt

:blush:

Thanks Daryll 748

I knew James Ingram wrote the song , Right?
but i never realised he also sang, although now I know..i recognize his voice ,.....Beautifull!!
Don't know much about Howard Hewitt ...so need to search for him on you tube

You're welcome, Treasure :D

Indeed written and composed by James Ingram and Quincy Jones.

Howard Hewitt doesn't sound familiar to me too :blush:

Hi Daryll

I searched for Howard on You Tube and came across some of his songs ..I must say it sounds great..but unknown for me.
Then I read this :

Howard Hewett was the former lead singer of the R&B group Shalamar. He has enjoyed an extensive solo career with great songs from the 80s and 90s such as 'I'm For Real, Strange Relationship, Show Me, Say Amen, I Wanna Know You'. Hewett is still performing at venues today.

Of Course we know Shalamar :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz4YQZ01Q_A

Great song!! I love the 80s!!!

Hi Daryll

I searched for Howard on You Tube and came across some of his songs ..I must say it sounds great..but unknown for me.
Then I read this :

Howard Hewett was the former lead singer of the R&B group Shalamar. He has enjoyed an extensive solo career with great songs from the 80s and 90s such as 'I'm For Real, Strange Relationship, Show Me, Say Amen, I Wanna Know You'. Hewett is still performing at venues today.

Of Course we know Shalamar :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz4YQZ01Q_A

Great song!! I love the 80s!!!

Yes love the 80s

There once was demo version of PYT ...(If i'm right there was some sound of a monkey in it) does anyone still have this demo version? I can not find it anymore on you tube

thanks in advance

A monkey? haha isn't it just Michael? anyway, I've loved this demo since the 1st time I played it :wub:

"P.Y.T" demo version was released on 'The ultimate Collection' box :clap:

Indeed, I love the demo even MORE than the original. Then again, I have a 'soft spot' for Demo's :blush:

"P.Y.T" demo version was released on 'The ultimate Collection' box :clap:

Indeed, I love the demo even MORE than the original. Then again, I have a 'soft spot' for Demo's :blush:

Indeed, Me Too !! ;D
and I have a 'soft spot' for Short films as well :heart::wub:

Back