Who's the greatest singer of all time? Thank you fans Michael Jackson WINS !!

Re: Who's the greatest singer of all time?

Without even having the bias of an admirer I've voted for Michael. Cuz of his amazing versatility of his voice, the lovely and successful experiments he had done with it, starting with the early years up until the very end. He could sing just any type of music he wanted to and felt, including opera, whether soprano, tenor, baritone or bass, his voice could fluctuate a lot it could be both very deep and very featherly, very rough and screamy (pleasing to the ear, as opposed to most screams in music) and very smooth, both very loud and strong and very whisperly. And most don't know just how much he was holding back still. .. Those leaked warm-up tapes with Seth Riggs were simply stunning, too, proving how strenuously he worked on and never neglected his voice. For the sincere emotion and passion in it, his vibratto technique, the tremor in it, the sweetness, the vocals errupting from the bowels, from the gut, for both his wonderful singing And speaking voice (which most in that list don't really have - a lovely speaking voice, that is). So, for the voice that he was and for that which could have still been, he got my most heartfelt vote.

Without even having the bias of an admirer I've voted for Michael. Cuz of his amazing versatility of his voice, the lovely and successful experiments he had done with it, starting with the early years up until the very end. He could sing just any type of music he wanted to and felt, including opera, whether soprano, tenor, baritone or bass, his voice could fluctuate a lot it could be both very deep and very featherly, very rough and screamy (pleasing to the ear, as opposed to most screams in music) and very smooth, both very loud and strong and very whisperly. And most don't know just how much he was holding back still. .. Those leaked warm-up tapes with Seth Riggs were simply stunning, too, proving how strenuously he worked on and never neglected his voice. For the sincere emotion and passion in it, his vibratto technique, the tremor in it, the sweetness, the vocals errupting from the bowels, from the gut, for both his wonderful singing And speaking voice (which most in that list don't really have - a lovely speaking voice, that is). So, for the voice that he was and for that which could have still been, he got my most heartfelt vote.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:THIS.

That's why I voted for Michael and keep doing so and this is why I am here in the first place.:yes:

URGENT - reasons why we need to keep voting in the NME Greatest Singer of All Time poll

1. NME is a music industry site/newspaper that is taken seriously by the media

2. The industry and the media ridiculed and tried to break Michael this is one way that we can show the media
especially the support and love that Michael still holds worldwide

3. NME wrote a particularly unpleasant article about MJ's Earth Song performance when he won an award at
the Brit Awards in the 90's.

4. This is not about beating other artists only about showing our love for MJ

5. The fans of the artist at no.2 - Freddy Mercury are very committed and voting HARD esp during European
daylight hours.

6. There are many 'misguided' (haters) people voting against MJ too.

We need to be committed, please keep voting, you can vote as many times as you wish by opening a new window and please share, share, share on fb and twiiter. Also email fan clubs please. Voting ends June 20th so we need the full weight of the MJ fan base worldwide involved.

Thank you for your support. All for love - All for Michael.

1. Freddie Mercury

Current Rating: 8.62

2. Michael Jackson

Current Rating: 8.61

Vote please :pray:

Damn! Michael dropped to No.2. Bloody haters!
Come one, guys, keep voting for our angel!

*edit*
Freddy has got quite dedicated voters, in the last 45 mins he's gone up from 8.62 to 8.63, even though I've been voting nonstop for MJ.
Keep voting. Don't bother with the other singers.

Last edited:

1. Michael Jackson

Current Rating: 8.62

2. Freddie Mercury

Current Rating: 8.61

KEEP VOTING!!!

Yeay! Just saw it.
Still voting like crazy :D

*edit*
my goodness, I have the impression that all those ppl who vote for Freddy just do it out of spite, they don't want to see Michael on top.
I am confused. Shouldn't that site be updated every 30 mins? I have seen Freddy and MJ swap places a few times in the last 5 mins. Anyone noticed that, too?

Last edited:

Knowing NME and how they think about MJ I think they're not gonna be pleased if MJ wins this poll.

Now they are using Elvis Presley. I gave one star for Elvis too.

I can't take these polls seriously after the last time when Katy Perry and others ended up around the top of the list of greatest pop acts of al time. I mean they are fun right now and all but of all time?
You should have seen the reader comments after the winner was anounced, many of them laughed at the list pretty much.

But I will support the cause anyway, I voted for Michael already.
I couldn't help myself I had to give a vote to Freddie too. (I gave him a 7 though not a 10 lol)
They are both my favorite male vocalists pretty much. (Followed by George Michael and Stevie Wonder. Can't believe George isn't even on the lists to vote for, yet again Katy Perry is. Seems the site is just more interested in getting hits.)
Still nice to see Michael on top for now. :)

Crazy that Whitney Houston isn't on the list either, yet Beyonce is. Again I think they're more interested in getting hits on the site or something.

Voting finishes June 20th so there is a long way to go yet and the fan base needs to remain motivated. It is important to know that the reason this particular poll has gravity is because it's a music industry publication - not a fan site or women's magazine or tmz. The results in the NME will be noted by the media and that is what this is all about - our mesage to the media. Not what anyone thinks of Freddy Mercury or anyone else on the list. There probably are misguided people (haters) voting against MJ but we also know that along with Michael and Madonna, Freddy Mercury has a v large, long term fan base. More recent artists like Lady Gaga have huge fan bases too but generally they do not appeal to several generations of fans. MJ had a four decade career remember. The Freddy Mercury fan base is mostly in Europe which is why you will see the votes for FM rise during the European day time and evening. Motivation and commitment is what's required now from us so updates to all sites and groups must continue. Voting fatigue - not an option! Let's put Michael at No.1 by a good lead on June 20th.

# 1. Michael : 8.65 :punk:

:wild:

kermit.gif

People, the vote can not stop! :dance:

1. Michael Jackson
Current Rating: 8.66

2. Freddie Mercury
Current Rating: 8.55

VOTE PLEASE, there is only a slight difference

1. Michael Jackson

Current Rating: 8.67

2. Freddie Mercury

Current Rating: 8.55

Don't forget to vote :winking2:

Voted again, think thats the 3rd time I've voted

I've been voting multiple times each day, whenever I'm online :)

Hey, at least Axl Rose isn't in the top three anymore. :p

I love both Michael and Freddie. So I wouldn't mind Freddie winning either. He was an awesome singer! But of course I want Michael to win. I voted 10 stars for Michael. But I would never vote down Freddie. So I just vote 10 stars for Michael and don't give votes for Freddie.

I don't care much for Elvis, so I don't mind giving him one star or something :p

Back