Who's the greatest singer of all time? Thank you fans Michael Jackson WINS !!

Re: Who's the greatest singer of all time?

Now:

1. Michael Jackson
Current Rating: 8.88

Gooooooooooooooo!!!! :wild:

kermit.gif

Keep voting people!!:yes:

:punk:

voted and voted and voted and ... :happy_dance:

"NME is a publication known as an Indie Rock Bible in the UK and they are currently holding a competition for the 'Greatest Singer of All Time.' The New Musical Express (or the NME) is the best known and oldest music publication in the UK, which was started March 1952.

As such, NME is a prestigious benchmark of quality in the world of serious musicianship, and voting makes an important positive statement about Michael's creative contribution that is every bit as beneficial to his public image and legacy as other kinds of vindication.

There are two approaches we can now take, since it is becoming clear that this is essentially now a battle between Michael Jackson's fanbase, Freddie Mercury's and Elvis's."

We have to win this. :yes:

Last edited:

Michael: 8.91 now! Keep voting!

In case you missed my previous post:

PLEASE GUYS VOTE AUTOMATICALLY using Macro.

Download FIREFOX ADD-ON here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/imacros-for-firefox/
install it

You will see an iMacros button next to your address bar in the mozilla browser, click on it.
A left hand side toolbar should appear.

Now, just click on this link: http://run.imacros.net/?code=VkVSU0...ycy1vZi1hbGwtdGltZS9pdGVtLzIxNjU3OCYmVFhUOjEw

If it voted automatically, then it works. Now enter the number of repeats you would like the iMacro to make. Enter the max number into the REPEAT MACRO box and click on the Play(Loop) button.

Really bothers me and upsets me to no end some comments on facebook .:sad:

Why they just can't say something good about their choice and they have to belittle Michael and say awful things about him.

I noticed too that a lot of people don't have a clue about Michael's voice, his music and about his awards and achievments.So damn frustrating.I'm so angry right now :mat:

Just keep on voting, I am.

ATTENTION!!!

I'm sure the magazine will try to influence the outcome. Before announcing the result, I belive NME will inform people that MJ is in the lead. So fans of Elvis and Queen will return to vote.

So, keep voting!!

The poll closes at the end of the month.

Michael is top with 8.94% but the margin between 1 and 2 is not a lot. Please keep on voting as much and as often as you can.

ATTENTION!!!

I'm sure the magazine will try to influence the outcome. Before announcing the result, I belive NME will inform people that MJ is in the lead. So fans of Elvis and Queen will return to vote.

So, keep voting!!

The poll closes at the end of the month.

June 17, 2011 13:44
[size=+2]Your last chance to vote in NME's Greatest Singers poll.
Michael Jackson still ahead of Freddie Mercury in the online vote[/size]

Michael Jackson is still leading Freddie Mercury in NME's poll to crown the Greatest Singer Of All Time, with just two days to go before voting closes.

Jackson is currently in first place in our user-voted poll, scoring an average rating of 8.93, with the late Queen frontman not far behind on 8.43. Elvis Presley is presently in third spot with 7.16.

You can take part in the poll by clicking here. Voters rate each performer with a mark out of ten to determine the winner. NME has already received over four million votes, with the poll set to close on Monday (June 20).

Others who are in the running for high finishes include Guns N'Roses frontman Axl Rose, The Beatles's Paul McCartney and John Lennon, Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant and David Bowie.

Muse mainman Matt Bellamy remains the only singer within the top 20 to have emerged in the past 25 years.

Last edited:

edit...

Last edited:

Elvis fans comments are both disturbing and hilarious. Why are they taking this so seriously? A part of me wants to believe they can't bare to see him eclipsed because it symbolizes the loss of their youth and a sort of passing of the baton to a new generation. There was a time when Rock and Roll symbolized youth and rebellion and its stars challenged the status quo and shook up the system. Now that generation has become the status quo and some of them have resorted to homophobic and racist remarks simply because Elvis isnt leading some online poll. I've voted several times and I hope that both MJ and Freddie leave Elvis in the dust only because I can't wait to see how some of those fools respond.

Alayasha;3412398 said:
Elvis fans comments are both disturbing and hilarious. Why are they taking this so seriously? A part of me wants to believe they can't bare to see him eclipsed because it symbolizes the loss of their youth and a sort of passing of the baton to a new generation. There was a time when Rock and Roll symbolized youth and rebellion and its stars challenged the status quo and shook up the system. Now that generation has become the status quo and some of them have resorted to homophobic and racist remarks simply because Elvis isnt leading some online poll. I've voted several times and I hope that both MJ and Freddie leave Elvis in the dust only because I can't wait to see how some of those fools respond.

I know, I'm in a fight with one top commenter for a week now, I just can't help it because she don't want to recognize Michael's influence in music

Lynn Macdonald · Top commenter
I don't know any singer that has said they have been influenced by MJ:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed. Have heard plenty that said they were influenced by Elvis. Have you ever seen Elvis'' awards room? Take a look - it's astounding. I think you're ranting without the facts. MJ was a one-trick pony - not so with Elvis

Who has stated that they have been influenced by MJ - you still haven't answer the question????? Everyone rants in here about MJ with no facts to back them up.

Tell me how could I don't get mad at these comments and not reply to them?:mat:

Last edited:

^omg. haha. that person's comment are laughable.her comments sound like she's talking about elvis rather than mj. i see your point :)

Ohh, let me at her. I'll give her hell.............

Hilarious comment by that commentator. The entire industry today is filled with nothing but a bunch of MJ clones! How can she say she doesn't know anyone who's been influenced by him? Really???

Anyway, I'm still happy to see MJ in the lead. He's sure to take this one out.

claudiadoina;3412419 said:
I know, I'm in a fight with one top commenter for a week now, I just can't help it because she don't want to recognize Michael's influence in music

I don't know any singer that has said they have been influenced by MJ:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed. Have heard plenty that said they were influenced by Elvis. Have you ever seen Elvis'' awards room? Take a look - it's astounding. I think you're ranting without the facts. MJ was a one-trick pony - not so with Elvis

Who has stated that they have been influenced by MJ - you still haven't answer the question????? Everyone rants in here about MJ with no facts to back them up.

Aww, don't get mad. She said she couldn't see any comments from other artists being influenced by MJ. Tell her your sorry to hear that she's blind, wish her luck and moonwalk right out of the "discussion". One of them even said that people had to be on LSD to like Jimmy Hendrix and Elvis was a better guitar player, lol. Clearly they are insane. I just voted again. MJ and Freddie must beat Elvis. I can't imagine what some of them will do when this happens. I shouldn't find this so funny but it is.

Voted again.

claudiadoina;3412419 said:

OK. How creative was Elvis? How many songs did he write? LOL.

I'm voting for Michael several times every day. His lead is not that much so please can we all carry on voting, voting, voting.

I voted for Michael but he's not the greatest singer of all time. Greatest dancer yes and possibly greatest entertainer but not singer.

Back