Who's the greatest singer of all time? Thank you fans Michael Jackson WINS !!

Re: Who's the greatest singer of all time?

^ Then who is in your opinion?

I voted for Michael but he's not the greatest singer of all time. Greatest dancer yes and possibly greatest entertainer but not singer.

For me he is.
What makes somebody the greatest singer of all time, anyway?

These polls are actually a battle between fans.

^ Then who is in your opinion?

Sam Cooke is the greatest. Then (in no particular order) Marvin Gaye, Freddie Mercury & Stevie Wonder followed by MJ.

Sam Cooke is the greatest. Then (in no particular order) Marvin Gaye, Freddie Mercury & Stevie Wonder followed by MJ.

And Keisha.

I love Tik Tok.

No way.

Freddie may have power, but there's no way he sings with the same emotive sincerity as MJ. That's what seperates MJ from every singer on this list, he has versatility way beyond the likes of Marvin Gaye or even Stevie Wonder. He can go from singing in the softest, most gentle voice that evokes so much emotion it can literally break your heart to listen to.... and then the next minute he can just belt it out in that grovelly gutteral pleading voice of his.

Marvin Gaye can't do that.

No way.

Freddie may have power, but there's no way he sings with the same emotive sincerity as MJ. That's what seperates MJ from every singer on this list, he has versatility way beyond the likes of Marvin Gaye or even Stevie Wonder. He can go from singing in the softest, most gentle voice that evokes so much emotion it can literally break your heart to listen to.... and then the next minute he can just belt it out in that grovelly gutteral pleading voice of his.

Marvin Gaye can't do that.

I don't know what is this general belief that Freddie is the greatest, he had great lungs but that was it, just my op.

ATTENTION!!!

I'm sure the magazine will try to influence the outcome. Before announcing the result, I belive NME will inform people that MJ is in the lead. So fans of Elvis and Queen will return to vote.

So, keep voting!!

The poll closes at the end of the month.

This is true, NME doesn't like MJ but oh well :laugh:

Keep voting http://www.nme.com/ratemy/216512/greatest-singers-of-all-time/item/216579

By the way, DO NOT WASTE YOUR ENERGY IN NEEDLESS ARGUMENTS in that site.
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THEIR MINDS. HATERS POST TO MAKE YOU ANGRY, DON'T GIVE THEM THE SATISFACTION OF GETTING MAD.

Yeah, the sincerity of the passion in Michael's voice places him high like that. .. And I love Sam Cooke, Whitney, Otis Redding, Jackie Wilson, Patsy Cline for that as well, but Michael's is unique to me and just very very versatile... But I love all these artists so much, they're blessed. ..

I LOVE Freddie Mercury - he and Michael are my favourite artists ever. However I LOVE Michael even more than I love Freddie. It's great to see them both on the top of this poll.

Michael is on 9.01 now. Need to keep him there and beyond, please keep voting.

I voted! Michael is top with Freddie Mercury second then Elvis. Will keep voting to keep him there! I really do believe that Michael is the greatest singer of all time, he is the most original and versatile as he is soulful, velvety but also rough and expressive of all of his emotions, I don't know anyone else who can express their soul and their emotions through their voice like Michael.

Voted again, Michael is going to win this big time :)

Voting now closed (???)

Yeah seems like it, think i got the last vote

I'm worried that when the results are published tomorrow, Michael will not be #1 because for a while at the start he was ranking low :( I hope I'm wrong...NME can also put whoever they like and there's not a thing we can do because the rankings on the page didn't reflect the final outcome, but voting activity during a particular timeframe.

Michael's been in the lead for days and the poll updated itself automatically with the highest scores every thirty minutes. MJ was still way ahead when it closed.

Michael Jackson has beaten Queen's Freddie Mercury in NME's poll of the Greatest Singers Of All Time.

Jackson got an average score of 9.02 out of 10, while Mercury's was 8.39.

The poll, which took place on NME.COM saw 10 million votes being cast, 4000 Facebook comments and, initially, saw Mercury at the top spot until Jackson went to Number One.

Elvis Presley took the Number Three position with an average of 7.17 out of 10 and Guns N' Roses Axl Rose took fourth place with 6.47

(...)

http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/57469

:cheers:

Michael's win confirmed :clapping:

June 21, 2011 15:00
Michael Jackson tops NME's Greatest Singers poll

Late vocalist beats Freddie Mercury

MichaelJackson02PA280411.jpg

Michael Jackson has beaten Queen's Freddie Mercury in NME's poll of the Greatest Singers Of All Time.

Jackson got an average score of 9.02 out of 10, while Mercury's was 8.39.

The poll, which took place on NME.COM saw 10 million votes being cast, 4000 Facebook comments and, initially, saw Mercury at the top spot until Jackson went to Number One.

Elvis Presley took the Number Three position with an average of 7.17 out of 10 and Guns N' Roses Axl Rose took fourth place with 6.47.

http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/57469

I guess I was being paranoid for no reason :smilerolleyes:

Yes! I'm so happy Michael won :girl_happy:
and I liked that they used a Victory tour picture of him :D

Yay! Good job fans!

AWESOME! I voted a lot! In ya faces all that were commenting some real hateful comments! Who knew some Elvis fans were that mean and jealous? and he ended up being third! lol

:clapping::girl_happy:
I was a little afraid though...

:scratch:It would be a bad thing to make some comments now on facebook and smack some Elvis fans? :fist:

Well done folks! :pleased:

Back