Will Michael be present during the auction?

Personally I think MJ is having a LARGE Garage sale - he just has more unique stuff than the 'average' person....

Sort of a new start type of thing - out with the old, in with the new. Like if your house was decorated in a Beach theme - you get sick of it and want to go with Victorian - you sell the beach stuff and purchase new items.

same thing.

And if it is true was LaToya said about Neverland making him unhappy, most of those items are Neverland themed...so why not - get rid of it and move on

It's just sad that something so special and beautiful and fun had been ruined for him. True it is just stuff now...but it was a part of him and part of letting go of the old is sad, till the new comes at least. I hope it all goes well for him. I am so tempted to bid on something. It's incredible to look at and I think one gets a taste of what he was like by seeing all of that. Such cool unique things. Lots of the things are funny :) He must have a wonderful sense of humour.

I wonder how many seats that van has...I had visions of flying down there, buying that and going on a road trip with my kids back home from there. Maybe stopping at Disneyland on the way back.

he isn't selling anything that he wants to keep ... that was the understanding I had of it anyway. Did I misunderstand the purpose of the auction ?? Neverland held alot of things, sentimental and much more. Furniture/home furnishings(URNS) ... many things that aren't quite 'treasured memories'.

(not sure if that was directed towards me at all but...) I meant Neverland.. the whole thing. It's in the past and he's let it go, which was needed I guess. I just had a moment where I felt sad about how things had gone for him, but can't change the past and maybe it was time.

The sale of stuff he's selling just made me think about how the last 6 years have gone, which made me feel sad. My thoughts weren't about the stuff, it was about the tragedy of a man who cared so much and gave so much of himself and got punished in the worst way for it. Completely taken advantage of for his kind caring nature. That is what made me feel sad, not the part about him getting rid of stuff (including the place, which is just stuff without him).

(not sure if that was directed towards me at all but...) I meant Neverland.. the whole thing. It's in the past and he's let it go, which was needed I guess. I just had a moment where I felt sad about how things had gone for him, but can't change the past and maybe it was time.

The sale of stuff he's selling just made me think about how the last 6 years have gone, which made me feel sad. My thoughts weren't about the stuff, it was about the tragedy of a man who cared so much and gave so much of himself and got punished in the worst way for it. Completely taken advantage of for his kind caring nature. That is what made me feel sad, not the part about him getting rid of stuff (including the place, which is just stuff without him).

Aw, it breaks my heart to think that. :sad:

I doubt it!! But it of course the auction will be taped and recorded so he can watch what happens later on!! If he wants to!!

I think this is really tragic. I wish Neverland would be some kind of Graceland..

If he was going, I would definetely bid all my money on him. :p

i dont think mike will be there, i dont think he would like to see people buying his stuff even though he does not want it anymore they hold big memories for him. he is moving on and i hope he has a new energy once this auction is done!

^^ completely agree.

And I can't remember any celebrity showing up at their own auction.

I doubt it!! But it of course the auction will be taped and recorded so he can watch what happens later on!! If he wants to!!

Might not be recorded because I would guess that the auctioneers would be very strict at having the reserved prices met before anything is officially sold, therefore if Michael or his team should get to know the outcome from an invoice that they would recieve containing the details of each sale.

Off topic but...
I've just created a database using an auction company within the scenario for a university project.

As far as him being able to still turn Neverland into some sort of Graceland.....He probably could still do something like this. Maybe he held back some things. I am sure that this auction does not include all of Michael's famous costumes over the years. I am sure all of his Grammies and things are not included.

I very much doubt it. The proceeds from the auction are going to charity. If the money was going into his own pocket then I think he would turn up and see how much these items would go for.
Michael present at auction = more pubicity = more interest and money raised from the auction.

I very much doubt it. The proceeds from the auction are going to charity. If the money was going into his own pocket then I think he would turn up and see how much these items would go for.
Michael present at auction = more pubicity = more interest and money raised from the auction.

A small portion of it will go tu Musicare, the organization behind The Grammies.

Coincidence? I think not.

New album this year, Grammies next year.

Back