William Orbit working on Michael & Freddie Mercury duet

With newly recorded backing tracks?

Yeah. Roger and I have both been working on tracks in our spare time. A couple of them have Michael Jackson on as well, which adds another layer of interest. Freddie and Michael singing together and experimenting in the Eighties.

How did you guys hook up with Michael?
Michael used to come see us a lot. He was a big big fan, especially of Freddie, and Freddie and Michael got on real real well. Michael was very impressed with our lighting rig, I remember. I can't remember which tour it was. We had pods of lights that moved above the stage that had pilots in them. He said, "I'm stealing that," and sure enough on the "Victory" tour they had something very similar. But Michael really was very fond of Freddie and sort've idolized him. Michael really felt he wanted to be a rock star.

Did he record in the studio with you?
No, he and Freddie worked mainly at Michael's studio. That's the tapes we have. Some of the tapes they worked on had us on them as well. But I never actually worked in the studio with Michael personally. Sometimes you come across a spare reel of tape and think, "Well, what's on that?" And lo and behold, here's a tape of Freddie singing something we'd forgotten about.

What do the songs with Michael sound like?
At least one dancey, at least one ballady one. There's sort've three main contenders at the moment, possibly four.

http://music.yahoo.com/news/brian-m...e-mercury-biopic-172547054-rolling-stone.html

Four??

WOW, four possible song's :O that'd be insane!!! can't wait

The word 'possibly' makes it sound like they have material for another song that we don't know of, but there might not be enough recorded material (of acceptable standard) to make a full fourth song. Therefore they'd have to do quite a bit of work on that song. Who knows :)

i would love to hear Freddie's vocals in place of Micks on the version produced for Victory even. Freddie and Michael's voices seemed like they were made to sing a song together. Luckily (hopefully) we have 3 coming our way. I always listen to State of Shock and TMBMTLTT.

The dance track should be great. Looking forward to it!

I have a feeling that the dance track will be State Of Shock. We all know what the Ballad one is.

They never really tell us how Victory sounds, which I'm way too curious about.

Still waiting patiently, sure it will be worth waiting for.

Untitled.png

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Have to tell you all, TMBMTLTT was one of the most soul-stirring things I ever worked on</p>&mdash; William Orbit (@WilliamOrbit) <a href="https://twitter.com/WilliamOrbit/statuses/427167040688766977">January 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

these tracks were originally intended for a duet album between Michael & Freddie but the project was cancelled as Michael wanted Louie the Llama in the studio with them. (i believe that was the case anyways, freddie said they were intended for thriller but they were recorded in 83' so i believe it was to be a duet album)hoping we hear all three previously mentioned song's and hopefully the teaser of the ''fourth song'' will come true also.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>no finer thing in life than driving round Vegas with soaring Brian guitar and epic Freddie and Michael voices blasting!</p>&mdash; William Orbit (@WilliamOrbit) <a href="https://twitter.com/WilliamOrbit/statuses/427168430559481856">January 25, 2014</a></blockquote>

Someone find Orbit's car in Vegas!!!

If they're talking about it like this, I'm guessing it won't be too much longer. (hope anyway! :p)

he said more deets to come ''tomorrow'' i think, let's wait and see! i'm only buying the album mostly for those tracks though :p let's hope he hasn't chosen Freddie's *vocal* tracks to take priority..

he said more deets to come ''tomorrow'' i think, let's wait and see! i'm only buying the album mostly for those tracks though :p let's hope he hasn't chosen Freddie's *vocal* tracks to take priority..

He said 'later today' and that he just needed to 'pull over'.

He said 'later today' and that he just needed to 'pull over'.

interesting.. curious if he's giving the go ahead for the upload to iTunes or that's when he'll tweet the details?

Let´s hope we´ll hear more material from Dangerous, History and Invincible...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yes, proper deets to come, just need to pull over and take a minute.</p>&mdash; William Orbit (@WilliamOrbit) <a href="https://twitter.com/WilliamOrbit/statuses/427166998468915201">January 25, 2014</a></blockquote>

This was over two hours ago, details to be revealed soon..

rsggamer123;3955202 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yes, proper deets to come, just need to pull over and take a minute.</p>&#8212; William Orbit (@WilliamOrbit) <a href="https://twitter.com/WilliamOrbit/statuses/427166998468915201">January 25, 2014</a></blockquote>

This was over two hours ago, details to be revealed soon..

does it take 2 hours to pull over to the side of the road? lol

There must be more to life than this - is being discussed a lot by Orbit and his peers... I hope this was the last song for him to finish not the first.

does it take 2 hours to pull over to the side of the road? lol

lol exactly what i was thinking! Im not expecting too much to be revealed though, you would think there would we an announcement by Sony if it was anything like release date, etc wouldn't you? I dunno could be wrong though..

I wonder if William Orbit knows anything about the release date plans for the MJ album. Perhaps these duets with Freddy are to be released first as a sort of 'warm up' for the new album and to get people talking about MJ and his music again. The estate may have notified William Orbit and the other members when they can release these duets and possibly even the release date of the new album. Maybe someone should ask him if he has any info at all on the new MJ album..

Last edited:
lol exactly what i was thinking! Im not expecting too much to be revealed though, you would think there would we an announcement by Sony if it was anything like release date, etc wouldn't you? I dunno could be wrong though..

I wonder if William Orbit knows anything about the release date plans for the MJ album. Perhaps these duets with Freddy are to be released first as a sort of 'warm up' for the new album and to get people talking about MJ and his music again. The estate may have notified William Orbit and the other members when they can release these duets and possibly even the release date of the new album. Maybe someone should ask him if he has any info at all on the new MJ album..

that is a very possible situation that i didn't consider, i think that could possibly work! perhaps both of them being released in the same month? the world needs some new Michael if i'm honest.. all the music out there today is embarrassing...

that is a very possible situation that i didn't consider, i think that could possibly work! perhaps both of them being released in the same month? the world needs some new Michael if i'm honest.. all the music out there today is embarrassing...

I agree Zakk! If i were the estate i would release the MJ/Freddy Duets first (say next couple of weeks) then release the first single off the new album say a month or so afterwards, then the album itself a few weeks after that.

I agree Zakk! If i were the estate i would release the MJ/Freddy Duets first (say next couple of weeks) then release the first single off the new album say a month or so afterwards, then the album itself a few weeks after that.

exactly, i mean.. there's no harm in doing it like that.. they're entirely different projects so i don't think thing's will look too crowded on the charts! imagine if they released an unreleased Queen song w/o Michael & an unreleased Michael song in the same week on iTunes :p

exactly, i mean.. there's no harm in doing it like that.. they're entirely different projects so i don't think thing's will look too crowded on the charts! imagine if they released an unreleased Queen song w/o Michael & an unreleased Michael song in the same week on iTunes :p

Dreams are free aye Zakk ;-) Back to William Orbit, apparently hes been driving around for over four hours and hasn't pulled over once. Just where the hell is this guy driving to =p

Dreams are free aye Zakk ;-) Back to William Orbit, apparently hes been driving around for over four hours and hasn't pulled over once. Just where the hell is this guy driving to =p

they sure are, haha :p and interesting.. maybe he's going to meet with Rodney Jerkins? i saw they're following each other.. is Darkchild in Vegas right now?

Back