Worst MJ song you EVER heard.

shock-michael-jackson.gif

no no not joking ..it is a horrific piece to me , but i think i'm reading the question wrong
Horrific as in, rubbish song? Or horrific as in, hugely traumatic bc of lyrical content, difficult to listen to and emotionally wrenching to the point where it often feels more sensible to avoid the song for long stretches of time?

For me, it's No.2. I love the song and think it's a masterpiece but I have to listen to it sporadically.

I always thought Superfly Sister was trash and I’m tired of pretending it’s not lol, sorry. By far one of MJ’s most boring and repetitive songs.

Last edited:
I always thought Superfly Sister was trash and I’m tired of pretending it’s not lol, sorry. By far one of MJ’s most boring and repetitive songs.
:( Everyone has their faves.. that happens to be 1 of mine 😂

Still it's better than TWYMMF, which is true example of repetitive and boring songs

😲 Hiker!!!!!!!!!

You have truly shocked me! 😲 😲 😲 😲
O, I thought I mentioned my fear of murderous things somewhere before! I won't call it worst in general sense, but I can't hear it, it does not speak to me.

O, I thought I mentioned my fear of murderous things somewhere before!
Oh, fair enough. I can't listen to it very often bc it's so painful, scary and bleak. I won't say any more bc it conjures up too much stuff.

I won't call it worst in general sense, but I can't hear it, it does not speak to me.
I think it's a brilliant song, it's like an opera. I keep on saying that but it is. It's a great story to tell regardless of whether it's based on a true story or not. But it's a hard story to hear so I only listen to it very, very sparingly.

Girlfriend: Sounds like an early 70s song, it doesn't fit the album and I find it so boring.
It's The Falling In Love: Definitely better than Girlfriend, but I consider it to be among the weakest on the album and would never save it on a playlist.
— The Girl Is Mine: A track that I can't understand why it is so loved. Sure, it's a fun concept and I'd even say original. But it's so slow, sappy, almost on the level of Girlfriend also by McCartney. Personally I wouldn't have put it in Thriller, but if Quincy Jones accepted it there must be something I don't understand through my ignorance.
— Can't Let Her Get Away: It's 'She Drives Me Wild' but just weaker, that's all. It remains an interesting piece from a production and technical point of view, but in Dangerous we have pieces of the genre that I think are much stronger overall.
— Black Or White: I know everyone will hate me but I just don't like it, when it comes on Spotify I skip it immediately. I don't know why, I find it a bit cringe-worthy.
— This Time Around, D.S.,: I consider them avoidable in an album composed of masterpieces
Superfly Sister, Ghosts, Blood On The Dance Floor: Eh, I'll skip these too right away.
— Invincible: It's Invincible's 'Can't Let Her Get Away', Heartbreaker and Unbreakable are just much stronger.
— 2000 Watts: I appreciate the peculiarity, I don't hate it, but there are much better unreleased songs than this one. Blue Gangsta instead of 2000 Watts would have been perfect.
— Privacy, Cry, Threatened, Speechless: The first is the usual whine, the second is Heal The World but weaker, Threatened eeeh, not a song up to the King of Pop standards.

— Black Or White: I know everyone will hate me but I just don't like it, when it comes on Spotify I skip it immediately. I don't know why, I find it a bit cringe-worthy.
WHAT? Really? You don't like Michael's best song??? Wow. You are the first person, who don't like Michael's best and most iconic song.... It's like saying that BJ song sucks

She Got It is an absoulute blank space of a song. Can't believe there's a version out there that's seven minutes and twenty seconds long. Work That Body has a lot more going for it because it sounds more fun and bubbly.

— The Girl Is Mine: A track that I can't understand why it is so loved. Sure, it's a fun concept and I'd even say original. But it's so slow, sappy, almost on the level of Girlfriend also by McCartney. Personally I wouldn't have put it in Thriller, but if Quincy Jones accepted it there must be something I don't understand through my ignorance.
Michael Jackson explained that it was a way to repay the favour that Paul McCartney had done him in contributing 'Girlfriend' to the 'Off The Wall' album.

Also, it appears that Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones were not really confident about the commercial potential of the 'Thriller' album, which seems to explain why they chose that duet (with an already very famous and very successful artist named Paul McCartney) as the lead single of that album.

Horrific as in, rubbish song? Or horrific as in, hugely traumatic bc of lyrical content, difficult to listen to and emotionally wrenching to the point where it often feels more sensible to avoid the song for long stretches of time?

For me, it's No.2. I love the song and think it's a masterpiece but I have to listen to it sporadically.
I love listening to very depressive music, I feel those in my bones.

I love listening to very depressive music, I feel those in my bones.
I understand this. And when I am able to listen to Little Susie, this is what it is like. I think it depends on the type of 'depressive' music. SIM, for example, I can listen to millions of times, no problem. But Little Susie is in a different category of heart-wrenching, for me.

Back