Worst MJ song you EVER heard.

I really don't understand, why people love The Way You Make Me Feel. Such a boring song. Weakest song on Bad album
Love the drum sounds. Love the intro. Love the "go girl!". Hee-hee. Aoowww. Love the boy-chases-girl theme. Love the strings, love the horns! Love the way it builds. Love the way it changes. Love the simple and direct lyrics. Love the breakdown. Love the ad-libs. Good times.

Approximately a million times better than the unsinspired Bad, Another Part Of Me, Just Good Friends...which never should have been put on the Bad album, in my opinion. We all hear things differently :)

Love the drum sounds. Love the intro. Love the "go girl!". Hee-hee. Aoowww. Love the boy-chases-girl theme. Love the strings, love the horns! Love the way it builds. Love the way it changes. Love the simple and direct lyrics. Love the breakdown. Love the ad-libs. Good times.

Approximately a million times better than the unsinspired Bad, Another Part Of Me, Just Good Friends...which never should have been put on the Bad album, in my opinion. We all hear things differently :)

I want to add that the videoclip influenced me a lot. As a kid I loved 80s action films in general, one of the tropes was the hero getting the girl in the end after heroic fighting (Commando any one?). So this was the ideal in my young head, a boy had to be a fighter, needs muscles and act tough and heroic. They also had short, very manly hair .This is until I saw this videoclip.

The way Michael moves around in the video with the iconic clothes and pony tail and especially that opening how he approaches the girl with dancing and confidence without throwing a punch. He was acting tough in a completely different way and still got the girl! It blew my mind!😀

Also how he brings the line “you knock me off of my feet baby” that’s just f****** goosebumps. I simply cannot imagine a woman rejecting any man who makes an opening like that, in that manner.

I don’t know how realistic all of this is to this day but it was a male fantasy turned upside down.

I like to compare it to Beat It when he says “ don’t be a macho man” when he basically ends violence with a dance, saying it’s ok to not be tough. It’s perhaps his most enduring timeless message in any of his songs. The same happens in the TWYMMF video where he shows his macho friends you can get a girl without needing to shout and holler at women. It’s also a great nod that he gets advice from the older man on the doorstep and its ok to feel insecure as a man. It’s important to listen and show respect to he experience of the elderly. To fully appreciate te video, you need to see the the longer cut though.

Another part of me is best song on Bad album....☠️☠️☠️

Girlfriend and Childhood. Always skip them.

There are a few songs that are a chore to listen to. I agree he doesn't have too many 'bad' songs but there are some that are consistent skips. For me his worst songs that I am aware of are

Cant get your weight off of me
Privacy
2000 Watts
Unbreakable
DS
Just good friends
BAD
Keep the Faith
The Lost Children
Heaven Can Wait (there are things I like about this song but the chorus is super dreary, whether intended or not)

And a lot of the unreleased stuff is trash if we're being honest. Probably easier to list the good than the terrible.

you sure? I mean if you don't like then that's fine but it was just very unexpected. (for me, at least)

I might be being slightly unfair to this song but I just find the chorus and concept a bit dumb and it's not a song I've ever listened to on my own volition. I understand it was a hit, and had some sort of impact on the music scene and pop culture but as far as his number one 'mega hits' go, BAD is right down the bottom of the list for me. It is his worst number 1 song in my opinion and probably one of his worst songs released as a single. But I also understand it is iconic so it's a bit of a hard sell for most to say that.

IBAD is right down the bottom of the list for me. It is his worst number 1 song in my opinion and probably one of his worst songs released as a single. But I also understand it is iconic so it's a bit of a hard sell for most to say that.
These lines make Bad important:
We can change the world tomorrow
This could be a better place

I might be being slightly unfair to this song but I just find the chorus and concept a bit dumb and it's not a song I've ever listened to on my own volition. I understand it was a hit, and had some sort of impact on the music scene and pop culture but as far as his number one 'mega hits' go, BAD is right down the bottom of the list for me. It is his worst number 1 song in my opinion and probably one of his worst songs released as a single. But I also understand it is iconic so it's a bit of a hard sell for most to say that.
ohhh ok. We do all have different tastes in music. (the reason I asked in the first place is because Bad is my favorite song))

Yes! For a while I thought I have nothing to contribute here! But little Susie! What's the point of that song.
The agony of an innocent child's death. Not the most joyous topic, and not a song I want to hear every day, but there you go. The song takes me to a war scenario. All the endless children that die. I don't want to listen to the song often, because the loss and tragedy in the song does hurt.

Can't get outta the rain,
Be not always,
This time around,
Supefly sister,
Heaven can wait,

Got the hots,
P.y.t. demo
Fall again,
In the back

And special award for the worst performance goes to:
Mj's part of All in your name

Last edited:
It’s hard to admit, but there is a handful of MJ songs that are simply unlistenable for me:
1. “D.S.”
2. “History”
3. “2000 Watts”
4. “Privacy”
5. “Threatened”
Runners up: “She Drives Me Wild”, “Keep the Faith”.
It’s okay not to like all of Michael’s songs! They can’t all be winners.

Can't get outta the rain,
Be not always,
This time around,
Supefly sister,
Heaven can wait,

Got the hots,
P.y.t. demo
Fall again,
In the back

:oops: Fall Again is a masterpiece. I'd go both: Burn This Disco Out and Girlfriend. It's Rod Temperton's weakest song in comparison to OTW, RWY and the songs he wrote for the Thriller album.

As a kid I loved 80s action films in general, one of the tropes was the hero getting the girl in the end after heroic fighting (Commando any one?).
I loved Commando but wasn't that Schwarzenegger on a shooting spree to save his own daughter

If asked,would you able to reproduce the said falsetto part? (assuming that he indeed used falsetto while delivering those lines,that is..and not "masked falsetto"/head voice/i'm not really great when it comes to this topic,as you can observe..)
(rhetorical question,nonetheless,therefore an answer is far from mandatory 💜)

The main problem with 'If You Don't Love Me' is that it gets very repetitive lyrically.

One wonders why Michael Jackson even recorded it.

Back