Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

If Coldplay was #1, it wouldn't piss me off but the fact Shit Keys were such winey assholes towards Michael, it infuriates me! :mat: I don't even know who the f*ck they are. I hope Billboard counts those copies and acknowledge Michael the first spot.

Uhm.....okay, so the album came in at #2 can't say I'm not a bit disappointed but should'nt we now be focusing on getting MJ another #1 single given that LNFSG is now in the top ten on the Billboard Charts? Jumping from #22 - #9 I think is just great and makes the possibility of another #1 even more likely.

Last edited:
Madonna's tickets didn't include a physical cd but a download of the album. But yea, i wonder if the Estate could say the price was included in the tix?

Anyway, here's today's radio update (MJ is back in the tpp 40 on Pop now) :

POP

50 40 M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE Love Never Felt So Good 1028 541 487 5.270

+85 Spins
+39 Bullet
+0.317 Audience

HOT AC

34 29 M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE Love Never Felt So Good 662 493 169 3.453

+29 Spins
-22 Bullet
+0.063 Audience

AC

16 13 M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE Love Never Felt So Good 693 361 332 7.950

+24 Spins
-33 Bullet
+0.214 Audience

URBAN AC

11 6 M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE Love Never Felt So Good 1317 848 469 11.838

+31 Spins
-70 Bullet
+0.211 Audience

URBAN

45 40 M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE Love Never Felt So Good 568 412 156 2.348

+5 Spins
+5 Bullet
+0.071 Audience

Wow, what's up with the CD's distributed at the Cirque show not being counted?

This is as bad as the hanging chad deal that got Bush into office.:mat: (Those outside of the U.S. don't know what I'm talking about).

Was Michael robbed?

There actually have been recounts in the past which declared a new winner.>>http://www.nme.com/news/slipknot/39481

Last edited:
I think Xscape should have been number 1 too, but the Black Keys could and probably will be replaced by next week or soon after. Michael however will always be a legend and his music will survive long after they are forgotten.

Memfan what is the exact information on this bundle. We need to know so we know how to act, and we need to act as soon as possible.

Jackson topples another notable mark: he extends his span of appearing in the Hot 100's top 10 to a record-breaking 42 weeks, six months and one week. "Got to Be There" began his top 10 history when it lifted 13-9 on the Nov. 20, 1971, chart; this week's chart is dated May 31.

I think it should be 42 years, six months and one week

Someone told Billboard to correct their article.

Memfan what is the exact information on this bundle. We need to know so we know how to act, and we need to act as soon as possible.

I have no information on the MJImmortal or MJONE bundle.

But someone posted Madonna's MDNA Bundle from a few years back.

I think now we're so desperate that we want to blame someone for this... Leave it guys... Atleast Michael got another top 10 single. I think it has #1 potential.

I think now we're so desperate that we want to blame someone for this... Leave it guys... Atleast Michael got another top 10 single. I think it has #1 potential.

How is that desperation when it says they didn't count 9K copies? We are not making this up... YOU leave it and stay off the discussion if it pleases you.

The Estate has sent the following note:

"By now, we know that many of you have seen all of the charts around the world. We are so proud of the way that the MJ fan community has rallied to support Michael and his legacy by buying Xscape. The events that you organized were outstanding, and the posts, tweets, Instagrams, blogs, and other messages encouraging friends and family to buy, along with your purchases of multiple copies of the album were instrumental in selling as many units as we did. While we were disappointed that the record fell just short of claiming Michael's 7th #1 on the Billboard chart, the album is number one in many territories and is the #1 album in overall worldwide sales, a feat we are extremely proud of. It's a new world out there, and the fact that Xscape remains #1 on Spotify and Rhapsody and that the "Love Never Felt So Good" video is #1 on iTunes and in the Top 20 at YouTube cannot be ignored. The world has rallied again behind Michael's music, and we, as a community, should be proud of the album's performance this week. We’re only just getting started!"

If Coldplay was #1, it wouldn't piss me off but the fact Shit Keys were such winey assholes towards Michael, it infuriates me! :mat: I don't even know who the f*ck they are. I hope Billboard counts those copies and acknowledge Michael the first spot.

I almost have to wonder if their whining resulted in sympathy purchases... >.>

Wow... so they really did just give away 9K copies of Xscape then? :ermm: Well, if u get something for free, then why would people even bother to buy it? SMH

mkgenie;4011388 said:
The Estate has asked us to send you the following note:

"By now, we know that many of you have seen all of the charts around the world. We are so proud of the way that the MJ fan community has rallied to support Michael and his legacy by buying Xscape. The events that you organized were outstanding, and the posts, tweets, Instagrams, blogs, and other messages encouraging friends and family to buy, along with your purchases of multiple copies of the album were instrumental in selling as many units as we did. While we were disappointed that the record fell just short of claiming Michael's 7th #1 on the Billboard chart, the album is number one in many territories and is the #1 album in overall worldwide sales, a feat we are extremely proud of. It's a new world out there, and the fact that Xscape remains #1 on Spotify and Rhapsody and that the "Love Never Felt So Good" video is #1 on iTunes and in the Top 20 at YouTube cannot be ignored. The world has rallied again behind Michael's music, and we, as a community, should be proud of the album's performance this week. We’re only just getting started!"

That's a very nice statement and we are all proud.:yes:

But it would be nice if they could specifically address the 9,000 issues that didn't get counted. That's a lot. And it should be addressed.

Billboard didn't count freebies given away with a purchase at Immortal and MJ One.
they only count actual sales of Xscape.. I guess the rule is that it has to be purchased.

The estate isn't questioning the results per their latest message above.
They also stated they are just getting started so there will be more singles and promotion that can cause Xscape to Rise :)

mkgenie;4011388 said:

I must say this ^^worldwide information makes me feel better. They did not mention the bundle, so I don't know what is going on. I could understand if they were freebies, but did Sony just hand 9000 to the estate without charge and the estate gave them away for free? All I hope is that Madonna did make people pay extra for what she gave away because it would not be fair to have different standards for Madonna and Michael given the similar situation.

Billboard didn't count freebies given away with a purchase at Immortal and MJ One.
they only count actual sales of Xscape.. I guess the rule is that it has to be purchased.

Well, they really can't question it because they would be seen as 'sore losers'. Really, only public outraged can be do anything.

I almost have to wonder if their whining resulted in sympathy purchases... >.>

Well, just last weekend they performed at the Hangout Festival in Gulf Shores. It's a huge college party in that town with multiple bands playing. I'm sure they sold quite a bit of CD's that weekend. Because that's the weekend that they made the spiteful comment about being c*ck-blocked by Xscape, so they probably did pick up some extra sympathy sales by motivating their fans.

qbee;4011396 said:

They also stated they are just getting started so there will be more singles and promotion that can cause Xscape to Rise :)

I understand your point, but what we are questioning is why the rule wasn't applied for Madonna's MDNA bundle? Billboard and the power that be, seem to be pretty flexible with their own rules depending on who they are dealing with. One set of rules for Michael Jackson. Another for the The Beatles. Another For Katy Perry. Another for Madonna. There is no consistency.

mkgenie;4011388 said:

Lame ass statement. I get that they went to bed with Billboard for the past few weeks with the Avatar illusion, and standing up to them may be a sticky situation, but if they are not gonna call out Billboard for their ****ery, why should I waste my time? As far as I am concerned, this era is officially over now.

Last edited:
Lame ass statement. Well, if they are not gonna call out Billboard for their ****ery, why would I be wasting my time. As far as I am concern, this era is officially over.

Well I would still like some clarity about it: Was one a freebie and the other paid for? I wonder if BB will answer e-mails?

That 9K freebie hurt sales BIG TIME! Again, who will buy something if they can have it for FREE?! Yet, their disappointed...Mmmm okay?! SMH

what a beautiful statement from the estate. they didn't mention the bundle, so I guess they know they screwed up. so I guess we now just wait and see what's next for michael. the estate said they are only getting started.

I also wonder if the estate may not want to be seen as sore losers. It would just give the media/haters something to pick at over we mj fans and the estate. maybe they don't want that kind of attention. It may actually be up to the fans to do something if they want the TRUTH.

Billboard didn't count 1 million copies of Jay-Z's album that was bundled with Samsung phones, because they were free. Jay was pissed, but couldn't do anything about it.

I read earlier that xscape was available for 'purchase' at immortal shows. Are we sure it was given for free? Why no one mentioned about this till yesterday.

What about the other reason? 'Retailers not stocking enough copies'?

Next what? Blame Sony mobile for giving free downloads of the album?

We can come up with more reasons, but at the end of the day, MJ isn't #1 in the US. At least not this week. There is a solid reason why freebies are not counted. I remember recently another artist, I think JayZ had a deal with samsung and he was pissed for some of those freebies not counted. So it is not some rule just for MJ. I specifically remember this was applied also for Madonna. If not, please post a proper link. Don't go assuming.

Some good news - LNFSG is the second most added song on radio this week (74 adds)!

ALL FORMATS
5/20/2014

1. 87 WILLIAMS, PHARRELL Come Get It Bae Columbia 94
2. 74 JACKSON, M. & TIMBERLAKE, J. Love Never Felt So Good Epic 327
3. 73 GILBERT,BRANTLEY F/MOORE/RHETT Small Town Throwdown Valory 93
4. 64 LADY ANTEBELLUM Bartender Capitol Nashville 67
5. 58 SMITH, SAM Stay With Me Capitol 257
6. 50 DERULO, JASON Wiggle f/Snoop Dogg Warner Bros. 157
7. 41 AZALEA, IGGY Fancy f/Charli XCX Def Jam 315
8. 40 NIEMANN, JERROD Donkey SeaGayle/Arista Nashville 47
9. 37 HOUSER, RANDY Like A Cowboy Stoney Creek 43
10. 30 GRANDE, ARIANA Problem f/Iggy Azalea Republic 297

I read earlier that xscape was available for 'purchase' at immortal shows. Are we sure it was given for free? Why no one mentioned about this till yesterday.

What about the other reason? 'Retailers not stocking enough copies'?

Next what? Blame Sony mobile for giving free downloads of the album?

We can come up with more reasons, but at the end of the day, MJ isn't #1 in the US. At least not this week. There is a solid reason why freebies are not counted. I remember recently another artist, I think JayZ had a deal with samsung and he was pissed for some of those freebies not counted. So it is not some rule just for MJ. I specifically remember this was applied also for Madonna. If not, please post a proper link. Don't go assuming.

Billboard always counted the copies sold at the concerts.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indu...e-what-role-did-bundling-and-1006670752.story

With Jay-Z was different, because they were free download copies.

I wish I did not hear about this 9000 thing because it is not very clear about what exactly happened. Didn't someone post above that she went to the show and they had Xscape on sale and few bought it? Maybe I should go back and read what she said. Oh well Michael is #1 in several countries worldwide and the estate has more ideas up their sleeves.

Back