Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

Chart News @chartnews · 40 Min.

Billboad 200: #35 @MichaelJackson, Xscape 8,366 (406,964 total).

So it did have an effect after all. As usual people get all dramatic before seeing the actual results. :shifty:

serendipity;4037888 said:
So it did have an effect after all. As usual people get all dramatic before seeing the actual results. :shifty:

Yes it had an effect but in my understandig far more less than we expected before the single-release. And it`s a disappointment that APWNN will obviously not chart in the Top 100.

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 9 Std.

Spain Album Chart #7 (last week #8) Xscape Michael Jackson

Last edited:
It may chart, but not right away. It will need both airplay and sales to chart. Understand that this song will not have the benefits that LNFSG had, so it will have a much harder time. We can only hope it catches on on radio, because this is what will make it sell and thus chart.

There's no need to be disappointed - the album is doing much better than any of us expected.

It may chart, but not right away. It will need both airplay and sales to chart. Understand that this song will not have the benefits that LNFSG had, so it will have a much harder time. We can only hope it catches on on radio, because this is what will make it sell and thus chart.

There's no need to be disappointed - the album is doing much better than any of us expected.

I am not diappointed about the album sales. I consider Xscape as success. But I am disappointed with the start of APWNN and I know it had no radio deal like LNFSG, but it also had no charting on i-tunes despite the promotion in the last week, which I think was not bad. So this I think is concernig for the further sucess for the song and album.

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 2 Std.

USA - Billboard Album Chart
#35 Xscape
#97 The Essential Michael Jackson
#137 Thriller
#199 Number Ones

I am not diappointed about the album sales. I consider Xscape as success. But I am disappointed with the start of APWNN and I know it had no radio deal like LNFSG, but it also had no charting on i-tunes despite the promotion in the last week, which I think was not bad. So this I think is concernig for the further sucess for the song and album.

If you look at the iTunes chart you'll see that most of the songs charting are doing so thanks to airplay and not so much other promo. A performance or a video can have a brief effect for a day or two, but steady sales are only happening due to airplay.

The fact that the album has held up this well so far is promising. I remember the "Michael"-album plummeted on the chart the weeks after Christmas. No sign of this for "Xscape" yet. I think the Estate has learned from the past.

Annita;4038074 said:
The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 2 Std.

USA - Billboard Album Chart
#35 Xscape
#97 The Essential Michael Jackson
#137 Thriller
#199 Number Ones

MJ is the only act with 4 albums on the chart, yet some fans are complaining. MJ-fans truly are spoiled.

Do you guys finally understand why they NEEDED Timberlake on LNFSG?

MJ is the only act with 4 albums on the chart, yet some fans are complaining. MJ-fans truly are spoiled.

Not only are they spoiled, they are sickening. I am very pleased with the success of the Xscape album. I think some fans forget that this IS a posthumous album. Michael is not here to promote it;,yet, the album received rave reviews and has done very well, IMO. I just get tired of the complaining, the comparing it to new releases by other artists who are here to promote their albums. It truly saddens me the way MJ fans react. The Estate has done a great job in the promotion of Xscape. Seriously, I wouldn't blame them if the the next thing that they release is done with little or no promotion. You can bet that some fans will find something to complain about. The Estate is damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Not only are they spoiled, they are sickening. I am very pleased with the success of the Xscape album. I think some fans forget that this IS a posthumous album. Michael is not here to promote it;,yet, the album received rave reviews and has done very well, IMO. I just get tired of the complaining, the comparing it to new releases by other artists who are here to promote their albums. It truly saddens me the way MJ fans react. The Estate has done a great job in the promotion of Xscape. Seriously, I wouldn't blame them if the the next thing that they release is done with little or no promotion. You can bet that some fans will find something to complain about. The Estate is damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

:agree: It would help a lot if some fans weren't so fixated/obsessed/what-have-you with the tired mantra "if Michael were here he wouldn't yada yada yada" or the equally tiring "the estate execs should save Neverland, blah blah blah". None of us knows what Mike would have done, but what we do know (or SHOULD know) is that he wanted his music to live on much longer than he did. That won't happen if it isn't introduced to newer generations in different ways, which includes using today's (and tomorrow's) technology and artists.

If that isn't done, then Mike will turn into another Oldies act, his music only being played on midnight radio's Old School Party segments or at blue light in the basement parties.

MOST SUCCESSFUL SINGLES OF 2014 GLOBALLY

1. "Happy" Pharrell Williams - 12,813,000
2. "All Of Me" John Legend - 6,835,000
3. "Dark Horse" Katy Perry ft. Juicy J - 6,486,000
4. "Timber" Pitbull ft. Ke$ha - 5,206,000
5. "Counting Stars" OneRepublic - 4,444,000
6. "Rather Be" Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne - 4,434,000
7. "Problem" Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea - 4,125,000
8. "Talk Dirty" Jason Derulo ft. 2 Chainz - 3,908,000
9. "Fancy" Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX - 3,829,000
10. "Summer" Calvin Harris - 3,784,000

11. "Hey Brother" Avicii - 3,688,000
12. "Stay With Me" Sam Smith - 3,416,000
13. "Let It Go" Idina Menzel - 3,398,000
14. "The Monster" Eminem ft. Rihanna - 3,351,000
15. "Am I Wrong" - Nico & Vinz - 3,230,000
16. "Say Something" A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera - 3,159,000
17. "Sing" Ed Sheeran - 2,947,000
18. "Story of My Life" One Direction - 2,897,000
19. "Waves" (Robin Schulz Remix) Mr. Probz - 2,822,000
20. "Royals" Lorde - 2,671,000

21. "Rude" Magic! - 2,647,000
22. "Demons" Imagine Dragons - 2,624,000
23. "Team" Lorde - 2,578,000
24. "Wake Me Up" Avicii - 2,577,000
25. "The Man" Aloe Blacc - 2,570,000
26. "Pompeii" Bastille - 2,506,000
27. "Turn Down For What" DJ Snake ft. Lil Jon - 2,419,000
28. "A Sky Full of Stars" Coldplay - 2,356,000
29. "Wiggle" Jason Derulo ft. Snoop Dogg - 2,199,000
30. "Love Never Felt So Good" Michael Jackson ft. Justin Timberlake - 2,159,000

BEST SELLING ALBUMS OF 2014 GLOBALLY

1. "Frozen" OST - 5,625,000
2. "Ghost Stories" Coldplay - 2,441,000
3. "Beyoncé" Beyoncé - 2,051,000
4. "GIRL" Pharrell Williams - 1,642,000
5. "Pure Heroine" Lorde - 1,617,000
6. "Midnight Memories" One Direction - 1,544,000
7. "X" Ed Sheeran - 1,405,000
8. "Prism" Katy Perry - 1,404,000
9. "Xscape" Michael Jackson - 1,344,000
10. "Night Visions" Imagine Dragons - 1,282,000

Xscape sold 31000 albums this week, 1000 more then last week

Chart News @chartnews · 11 Std.

WW sales: @michaeljackson, Xscape 31,000 (1,344,000 total).

Edit:

Chart News @chartnews · 14 Std.

UK certifications (@BPI_Music): Jackson 5, I Want You Back Silver (200,000).

Edit:

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · 12 Std.

USA - R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay Chart #13 Love Never Felt So Good - Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake

Last edited:
Considering all those acts can be interviewed, make special appearences, performances and touring to promote their own work, it's such an accomplishment a posthumous album could surpass many of those current acts. If it wasn't easy to get music for free, I bet the sales would be higher. Xscape is a success even for today's sales' standards without a doubt.

Seriously, people should stop buying Frozen OST already! :wtf: It makes me :doh: for humanity!

Considering all those acts can be interviewed, make special appearences, performances and touring to promote their own work, it's such an accomplishment a posthumous album could surpass many of those current acts. If it wasn't easy to get music for free, I bet the sales would be higher. Xscape is a success even for today's sales' standards without a doubt.

Seriously, people should stop buying Frozen OST already! :wtf: It makes me :doh: for humanity!

Agreed 100%!

I can understand people buying that album, but I seriously don't understand that Nicki Minaj Anaconda video has 58,967,897 views and APWNN has 2,618,126 views. WTH!

Bubs;4038566 said:
I can understand people buying that album, but I seriously don't understand that Nicki Minaj Anaconda video has 58,967,897 views and APWNN has 2,618,126 views. WTH!

My apologize for off topic but after APWNN video release I’ve noticed that TOO many fans ignore it and actually promote “do not watch it, it’s not real MJ” … sorry, but IMO a lot of fans are not much better than haters sometimes.

Allusio;4038569 said:
My apologize for off topic but after APWNN video release I’ve noticed that TOO many fans ignore it and actually promote “do not watch it, it’s not real MJ” … sorry, but IMO a lot of fans are not much better than haters sometimes.

in this case i dont really consider such people fans.

Nicking Minaj's ass is the reason for all those views period!

Michael's fans should be happy to hear Michael's beatiful voice and enjoy his great songs!

Commercial success is of course important, but please keep in mind that Michael is not here and the Estate did their best to promote this album...For sure Sony did more for Xscape then they did for Invincible and this is a bit weird...

Anyway, I'm pleased with these results:)

BEST SELLING ALBUMS OF 2014 GLOBALLY

1. "Frozen" OST - 5,625,000
2. "Ghost Stories" Coldplay - 2,441,000
3. "Beyoncé" Beyoncé - 2,051,000
4. "GIRL" Pharrell Williams - 1,642,000
5. "Pure Heroine" Lorde - 1,617,000
6. "Midnight Memories" One Direction - 1,544,000
7. "X" Ed Sheeran - 1,405,000
8. "Prism" Katy Perry - 1,404,000
9. "Xscape" Michael Jackson - 1,344,000
10. "Night Visions" Imagine Dragons - 1,282,000

Back