Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Are you serious?

Love Never Felt So Good will not be the lead single. I can promise you that much. And it's kinda laughable that people think it will be simply because Joe said the album would "represent all eras". I guarantee that there won't be any HIStory or Bad outtakes included, so it's not all eras.

LNFSG more than likely isn't even going to be included. No one speculate until the track listing is announced. Don't mislead anyone.

Track listing should come soon if we expect a single at any point, hopefully they get a single out pronto!

^Paul Anka said two months ago that LNFSG would be the first single off the album. Now Joe says all eras will be represented (which was unexpected) and that the lead single will surprise people (none of the obvious choices such as STTR, Chicago or Xscape would).

It is speculation but there are things that point to this being a serious possibility.

Just a thought about the cover again, and the strange different perspectives/not matching parts of the face, mouth, chin and teeth, could it possibly get an animated/lenticular cover?

^Paul Anka said two months ago that LNFSG would be the first single off the album. Now Joe says all eras will be represented (which was unexpected) and that the lead single will surprise people (none of the obvious choices such as STTR, Chicago or Xscape would).

It is speculation but there are things that point to this being a serious possibility.

Why not?

I think Chicago will be.

Just a thought about the cover again, and the strange different perspectives/not matching parts of the face, mouth, chin and teeth, could it possibly get an animated/lenticular cover?

You keep mentioning teeth... I see no teeth!!!! lol.

Why not?

I think Chicago will be.
It would surprise you if Chicago was the lead single? Wouldn't surprise me, because Timbaland indicated that he felt it should be.

It would surprise you if Chicago was the lead single? Wouldn't surprise me, because Timbaland indicated that he felt it should be.

It would surprise people because of how it sounds, not because of the choice.

It would surprise people because of how it sounds, not because of the choice.
But Joe clearly suggests it is the choice of the single would be surprising, not the way it sounds:
"The single will surprise people, but IMO is a great choice."

Joe almost confirmed LNFSG is now the lead single. All eras + the single will surprise people

DAMN..

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I hate Paul Anka!

But Joe clearly suggests it is the choice of the single would be surprising, not the way it sounds:
"The single will surprise people, but IMO is a great choice."

If you say so...

We'll have to see tomorrow.

how do you delete posts?

Last edited:

the biggest mistake the estate could do right now, is releasing the song of paul anka (LNFSG). boring and too slow.

the single must be uptempo and a banger. i guess it will/should be Xscape, since it sounds badass judging from the snippet from GMA.

"Another producer whose song has been remixed and will be included is Cory Rooney."

She Was Lovin’ Me is confirmed! YESSSSS!!!

I am so happy right now! Cannot wait for May the 13th. Even though there's only 8 songs, that's okay by me, it's 8 songs more we have from the creative and magical genius of Michael Jackson. I do hope that all the people working on this album stay true to the Michael Jackson form.

Sooo now that countdown begins!! :woohoo: so excited!!!

SoCav;3975919 said:

Rodney Jerkins and John Branca also said back in 2010 that the former's collaborations with Michael would be on the MICHAEL album. And we all know what happened there. Additionally, we all knew that the next album wouldn't be strictly one era--why would it be? MICHAEL wasn't.

Paris78;3975926 said:
New Michael Jackson album ‘Xscape’ to be released May 13th – Let’s guess the track list!

http://www.damienshields.com/

This track listing blows. There is no way in hell I would buy the album if it turned out like this.

Dorian;3975930 said:
If you say so...

We'll have to see tomorrow.

There has been no confirmation that anything will be revealed tomorrow. I can promise that the track listing won't be, as some counties are already allowed to access the preorder website and none of the tracks are named.

Easier to see here. Mouth, teeth, Chin all different perspectives, just makes me think it might indeed be made to be animated.

Are you serious?

Love Never Felt So Good will not be the lead single. I can promise you that much.
No, you can't.

There are clearly teeth and what's even more off is the fact that he has a tooth in the middle like Tom Cruise. Instead of two teeth in the middle, it's one

i do hope we get she was loving me, would love to hear the original demo of that song also! i think what Joe meant by surprising is (never heard of title).. perhaps a post trial song or one from bahrain, a red one, unknown neff-u or possibly a will.i.am track..

No, you can't.

Really? We all know the estate has made stupid decisions, but releasing that song as a lead single isn't a great choice. Anyone can vouch for that. I have no doubts that it won't be but if I'm wrong I'll admit it. And god knows I'll be shocked.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are is confirmed too!!!!

Timbaland version. That will be interesting!

Did someone already post this here?

i must say i do love "love never felt so good". the possibilities are endless for michaels vocals in this song. this song could easily be made to sound like "rock with you" or "PYT" in my head.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are is confirmed too!!!!

Timbaland version. That will be interesting!

No it isn't. Damien Shields' article is majorly misleading. All he said was that Timbaland worked on that song and that he spoke to someone who heard it. There is no confirmation.

So according to Damien She Was Lovin' Me is confirmed, and he seems to know that Do You Know Where Your Children Are was remixed by Timbaland.

Back