Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

We really have no clue what the general public gives a damn about, they've just recently taken a major liking to Michael's Beat It Demo. So who knows.

After four years. And that's because it's entirely in acapella and is quite interesting. Play that against any other demo (WBSS, Billie Jean) to a casual fan and see which they say is cooler.

Ditto.

Also, I don't know if this has been posted already but Justin Timberlake is on the remix for Xscape?. There's rumored to be some other featured guests.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/d5c7d52b3c3ae4497f60cf656ec48f9e/tumblr_inline_n3bdkicw461ql6fhu.jpg

Well, taking into account that in the statement they said Rodney was the only one who mixed his song (Xscape) it's no way Justin or Timbo to appear on that.

Case closed.

https://twitter.com/DJTrevorNelson

Trevor Nelson ?@DJTrevorNelson 4 h.

I am liking the 1st 2 new Michael Jackson tracks.
Apparently I am hosting the launch of the new Michael Jackson album 'xscape' An La Reid project
So I am on my way to host an album launch from one of the worlds biggest artists soon to be revealed.

Well, taking into account that in the statement they said Rodney was the only one who mixed his song (Xscape) it's no way Justin or Timbo to appear on that.

Case closed.

Maybe. I just read the tweet again. Tim's DJ says JT is on the "XSCAPEALBUM", [not the title track]. So he could very well be on one of the tracks Timbaland produced.

Man, LNFSG would suck on the new album. That's my least favorite Michael recording in like, ever.

After four years. And that's because it's entirely in acapella and is quite interesting. Play that against any other demo (WBSS, Billie Jean) to a casual fan and see which they say is cooler.

As said, who knows...Just because they just began to like the demo after being exposed to it doesn't implicate that they'd just throw other Michael demos to the wind after hearing them. There's no possible way one person can know the thoughts of every single casual fan out there. I wouldn't surprised to see more casual fans saying they liked Michaels original versions more than the new mixes once the album is out and circulated well. So again, who knows, and time will tell for sure.

Is Can't Get Your Weight Off a Jerkins production originally?

If it's on the album it's not been 'contemporized' by Jerkins then?

the cover is crap. looks like fanmade. they really use that??? i dont think so. that cant be. to me that only looks like a promo poster. something like that.

LNFSG would not be a great lead single IMO. The lead single should be a danceable, upbeat track, not a mid-tempo song.

Xsca_zpsedb94c15.jpg

Xscapebanner2_zps61253737.jpg

People it's called xscape as opposed to escape because it fits in with sony Xperia/Xscape and thats got a connect with the album

the cover is crap. looks like fanmade. they really use that??? i dont think so. that cant be. to me that only looks like a promo poster. something like that.

Hahaha!. I hope it is a promo poster but i doubt it. Even the title font is tacky. They could release an alternate cover, maybe an actual photo of the man and not this amateur photoshop crap!

Ladies and gents, that "tacky" title font is Michael's handwriting. And I love it. It's great that they're actually utiliZing it.

And if you guys are going to simply complain about the COVER to an album rather than discuss the actual music why don't you make your own covers? And let's see id they're better.

I'm gonna try to not bitter myself for the cover and let it slide because we mostly are having what we wanted which makes me happy. :happy:

Paul Anka say Love Never Felt So Good would be the lead single? Would also immediately explain how the Thriller era is represented..... The fact that there is Thriller era stuff on the album is surprising too, as well as the fact that Vogel seems to suggest that there is apparently no post-Invincible stuff.
or maybe Hot Street? It was already on the final Thriller album before the album had to be shortened

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

I can feel my IQ diminishing as I watch these American 'news' channels

Great comment--and too true, sadly!!

LOVE THIS DAY!!!!!!

First good news was that International Court of Justice ruled in favor of Australia's argument that Japan's hunting of whales due to a loophole in the ban passed internationally in the 80's, i.e., for 'scientific research,' is bogus, fraudulent, and no longer permitted!!! Japan has killed an estimated 10k whales under that claim since the moratorium was passed to protect whales.

Second, a new MJ album!!!! OMG!!!!!

I am too happy!~!~!~ :)

Last edited:

I'm gonna be really sad if Damiens Track list comes true. 6 leaked vs 2 unheard. I was hoping for unheard to make up at least half the album. I know we get originals aswell but it will sound similar in the sense that its the same vocals to our ears. We are just getting a new instrumental. And who knows how 'new' that instrumental will be producers are already working around a melody MJ created most of the time. Aside from Tricky mix which is supposedly different.

Ladies and gents, that "tacky" title font is Michael's handwriting. And I love it. It's great that they're actually utiliZing it.

And if you guys are going to simply complain about the COVER to an album rather than discuss the actual music why don't you make your own covers? And let's see id they're better.
There's not a lot of music to discuss yet, the cover is part of the album. It's one of the few things we can actually already talk about.

And I've certainly seen a few fan covers over the years that impressed me more than this one. To each their own, but that someone can think this is better than the Dangerous album cover (a true work of art imo) blows my mind.

I'm gonna try to not bitter myself for the cover and let it slide because we mostly are having what we wanted which makes me happy. :happy:
I feel the same way w/ regards to the demos.

or maybe Hot Street? It was already on the final Thriller album before the album had to be shortened
Who knows. Hot Street has not been mentioned at all though, as far as I know. Such a great track, btw.

I need to hear that first single!!

Just because it's Mike's handwriting doesn't make the coloring and font itself less tacky. Looks like some 80's glittery space sh!t. As for the music ... regardless of the track-list I just want every original / demo for each remixed track. Then we'll take it from there. And Elliott's original outtakes better be on there.

Just because it's Mike's handwriting doesn't make the coloring and font itself less tacky. Looks like some 80's glittery space sh!t. As for the music ... regardless of the track-list I just want every original / demo for each remixed track. Then we'll take it from there. And Elliott's original outtakes better be on there.

I see NO evidence that it's MJ's handwriting

Not enjoying some of the negativity and nitpicking over the cover etc. We are all entitled to our opinions of course but I'm not going to let anything spoil my anticipation for something we have waited patiently for. Really looking forward to all that is coming. A big thank you to the estate for obviously taking on board what fans are asking for - demo form songs - bliss.

If you have a look on youtube, some of the older MJ songs dissapeared on youtube the last few weeks.

Among them:

A place with no name
Slave to the rhythm (original without JB)
Love never felt so good
Blue ganster

So to me these are confirmed for the new album! Do you know what other song dissapeared?

Do you know where your children are!!! This would make me so happy if it was on the new album! Amazing song
What if Joe Vogels meant this with a surprising single?? It would surprise me :D

If you have a look on youtube, some of the older MJ songs dissapeared on youtube the last few weeks.

Among them:

A place with no name
Slave to the rhythm (original without JB)
Love never felt so good
Blue ganster

So to me these are confirmed for the new album! Do you know what other song dissapeared?

Do you know where your children are!!! This would make me so happy if it was on the new album! Amazing song
What if Joe Vogels meant this with a surprising single?? It would surprise me :D

Pretty Young Thing :p

I love the cover. It is amazing. Million times better than MICHAEL. I'm so happy they used "recent" MJ photo.

if that 10 second album teaser video on youtube is what xscape sounds like, then i pass no offense because i like the original too much for it to be released on an album with a remix

I know we might get the tracklist tomorrow, but I'll post this anyway:

We might not get CGYWOOM. It's a Rodney track, and remember this from the article on MJ.com

" Written by Michael Jackson and Jerkins, and produced by Jackson and Jerkins, “Xscape” has further significance in that it is the one track on the album that was ‘contemporized’ by the producer who recorded it originally in the studio with Michael."

Back