Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

1z68gw7.jpg

We should get smart about fan promo like we used to do back in the day.

Need images that promote a pre order and release date etc and just paint twitter, fb and Instagram with it.

We should get smart about fan promo like we used to do back in the day.

Need images that promote a pre order and release date etc and just paint twitter, fb and Instagram with it.

I'm on board with that.

Looks like they took the eyes from the black or white cd single cover

So far I am personally seeing no negative in any of this! I am excited about the cover, excited about the track list, excited about the different versions... the promotion... reviews...

It's all a bit too much to take in x

(Deluxe)
#1 Grécia
#3 BRASIL (!!!)
#3 Finlândia
#3 Espanha
#3 Suécia
#4 Itália
#6 Irlanda
#8 México
#8 Noruega
#8 Polônia
#8 Rússia
#9 Dinamarca
#9 Holanda
#9 Taiwan
#11 Turquia
#13 Reino Unido
#15 Bélgica
#15 Alemanha
#15 Suíça
#16 Austrália
#17 Áustria
#17 França
#19 República Tcheca
#21 Japão
#26 EUA
#85 Canadá

(Standard)
#17 BRASIL (!!!)
#76 Itália

Info: MJ Beats

I dont understand why we dont get to see the tracklist. I really wanna know what songs the CD contains :music:
And why can i not pre order on amazon? :( Its only for itunes.

I just pre-ordered it from Amazon, it's there!

Update: Xscape (Deluxe) is #13 on the official UK Album Charts on iTunes. Michael is proving he is the king of all Musical Culture.

Update: Xscape (Deluxe) is #13 on the official UK Album Charts on iTunes. Michael is proving he is the king of all Musical Culture.

Just goes to show that there is still a need for him and his music in this world :)

So far I am personally seeing no negative in any of this! I am excited about the cover, excited about the track list, excited about the different versions... the promotion... reviews...

It's all a bit too much to take in x

do we have a tracklist?

The deluxe version of XSCAPE is at 26 at the US iTunes Store. Not gonna lie, I'm surprised. Here's hoping the singles catapult it to the top ten!

#5 in iTunes Russia. Yesterday it was #8 and today morning's position was #6. Russian Crimea buys as well and helps :)

Simply stunning! The King is Back!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chatting about the Michael Jackson &#8216;Xscape&#8217; album on Channel 5 earlier today. Can&#8217;t wait for its release <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MJXSCAPE&amp;src=hash">#MJXSCAPE</a> <a href="http://t.co/IkTYQnnUOl">pic.twitter.com/IkTYQnnUOl</a></p>&mdash; Matt Blank (@mattblank) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattblank/statuses/451100137117343745">April 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I wish L.A Reid chose the song's for the last album, he is simply putting Michael back in the main of the Musical map. Outstanding.

So with Hollywood Tonight, we have the version that was on the Michael album with the spoken verse, and 2 demos??

There's this demo which I'm guessing is the very first one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZc623lidSk

Then there is this one which is the second demo?? or is this the finish version by Michael himself, which then the estate added on the spoken bridge in the album version instead of the guitar bit??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG2-570D6eM

Correct me anyone lol was a bit confused because I hadn't heard the demo in the first link until recently as I went on believing that the other one was the original demo.

So with Hollywood Tonight, we have the version that was on the Michael album with the spoken verse, and 2 demos??

Then there is this one which is the second demo?? or is this the finish version by Michael himself, which then the estate added on the spoken bridge in the album version instead of the guitar bit??

Correct me anyone lol was a bit confused because I hadn't heard the demo in the first link until recently as I went on believing that the other one was the original demo.

Michael had nothing to do with the second version. It's a remix by Birchey. MJ unfortunately never even heard it. If I'm correct in what I've read, the first link is actually the very last version Michael ever worked on :)

Additionally, Michael never worked on the album version. That was reproduced from the ground up by Teddy Riley after MJ died.

huh? the Hollywood Tonight demo is going to be in the deluxe version??

First one is the original demo. Some say from 1999, some say from 2008. The second one is not a demo, it is an unofficial fanmade remix.

Estate released 2 versions: album version produced by Teddy Riley and Throwback mix (video version).

First one is the original demo. Some say from 1999, some say from 2008. The second one is not a demo, it is an unofficial fanmade remix.

Estate released 2 versions: album version produced by Teddy Riley and Throwback mix (video version).

Ahhh thank you guys!!! :) xx

I am so happy! Xscape is doing great already on iTunes and amazon.

Fans are happy and positive.

A great time to be a Michael Jackson fan.

Sorry if I am being a bit too positive about it all - But I really can't help it! - I am exited and thrilled and the next many months will be so great!!

First tracklist, then a single - then another single, then the album - then we have to talk about 17 tracks and 2 videos!! We will watch charts, promotion etc. etc. - So much fun lies ahead!!

I am 27 but I feel the same exitement as when Invincible was release. - Maybe even more now because of the internet and MJJC. - Back in 2001 I was all alone with my joy and exitement - now with MJJC, facebook, internet etc. we can all share this great time together! I love being a MJ fan!! :)

I am so happy! Xscape is doing great already on iTunes and amazon.

Fans are happy and positive.

A great time to be a Michael Jackson fan.

Sorry if I am being a bit too positive about it all - But I really can't help it! - I am exited and thrilled and the next many months will be so great!!

First tracklist, then a single - then another single, then the album - then we have to talk about 17 tracks and 2 videos!! We will watch charts, promotion etc. etc. - So much fun lies ahead!!

I am 27 but I feel the same exitement as when Invincible was release. - Maybe even more now because of the internet and MJJC. - Back in 2001 I was all alone with my joy and exitement - now with MJJC, facebook, internet etc. we can all share this great time together! I love being a MJ fan!! :)
Thank you for writing everything I feel. I agree 100% (and sadly I'm a bit older than 27, first single "looking through the windows" - ask your grandad!)

Finally they promote Michael as they should have done already in 2010!

My first impression :fortuneteller:

Now we get a completely interesting Album:
+ New fresh Mixes
+ All the Demos of the 8 Tracks
+ 2 Official Videos of the Singles maybe?!

+ No featuring-Track (which is authentic!) - no bieber, 50cent or any others
+ Perfect Marketing-Strategy with the new best Sony-Smartphone!
+ Very interesting Cover-Art! (Could have done a little better but it's nearly perfect)
+ Perfect ALBUM-Title! XSCAPE (They may heard the fanmade Title of "Escape" in the Fanbase and I think its a great futuristic Name-Change like: Christmas -> X-Mas; it sounds very uptodate!)
+ positive Effect of XSCAPE is that as mentioned before XSCAPE is a newly-created word, so if you look for the word XSCAPE anywhere on the internet - maybe @Google - you will find immediately information about the Album! ;)

+ The list about positivity goes on and on...

+ A side note: I also think they choose the Release-Date because some weeks after the release they will give MJ again attention on the media besauce of his 5th-Year-of-Death (sadly)
-> but it will have again positive effects on the album sales for sure!

Can't wait, I have never ever thought I could thank SONY! But now I can!
Its our time to make publicity for this Album too, but don't annoy your friends with too much information, SONY will work on the rest! :)

Last edited:

I'm so happy and excited!!!! :D

I am totally excited about this new album!!! :D It's going to be a great success and I am absolutely positive about that! I'm going to pre-order the deluxe edition tomorrow when I get home from school. This is tremendous!

LA Reid wasn't EPIC's boss back in 2009. lol

But I kinda understand your point, LA Reid obviously took control and gave this project all the attention and special care it needed.

And at the same time, silence some Jacksons. Hard to imagine any of them coming out publicly against LA Reid or Xscape.

Last edited:
Back