Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Ignorant comments in the media and the comments section are so freakin annoying--I almost feel the long wait before this album came out gave time for the MJ fevor that happened after his death to subside too much and now I am reading so many bs comments and the media STILL calling him "j-o" that it is disheartneing how much total ignorance and ill-will is out there.

Oh, well-as William Shakespeare's Hamlet said, "Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day." So I guess I should just SMH and move on.

Wow! I just checked a few countries and XSCAPE seems to be from #10-#30 on average! That's actually pretty good considering it hasn't even been advertised on iTunes yet. Hell you can't even see XSCAPE on Michael's profile yet (I think iTunes/Sony need to edit the page and add the album on there since it's been customised).

I'm sure advertising will start once the first single comes out and when the album comes out :)

Wow! I just checked a few countries and XSCAPE seems to be from #10-#30 on average! That's actually pretty good considering it hasn't even been advertised on iTunes yet. Hell you can't even see XSCAPE on Michael's profile yet (I think iTunes/Sony need to edit the page and add the album on there since it's been customised).

I'm sure advertising will start once the first single comes out and when the album comes out :)

Now it's hard core fans who are pre-ordering, hopefully it will be taken to the next level when the first single is released. I hope it will be well received by the general public. The single selection will be very important in the success of the album.

Is it possible that the Estate/Sony is also releasing all the leaked stuff this time around on purpose as well? In other words, making money, polishing and releasing it all in an official format - so the next time the album will contain completely unknown stuff...

Is it possible that the Estate/Sony is also releasing all the leaked stuff this time around on purpose as well? In other words, making money, polishing and releasing it all in an official format - so the next time the album will contain completely unknown stuff...

I was thinking that too. Those who are annoyed that the Estate/Sony are releasing a number of leaked songs now (even though it's entirely you're fault as to why you are annoyed), be thankful that next time you'll get more unleaked songs :p

is there any way to find out how many copies have been pre-ordered? :)

Hopefully this great response we get a single soon!

I just read this article in The Sun(I know but a friend told me I should read this because it wasn't trashy)on the way home about Xscape it has been given a playback at the Bulgari Hotel in London last DJ Trevor Nelson introduced it and made some interesting and exciting comments:
He said:

"I'm here as a fan, just wanting you to know whether these songs are any good. There is nothing on here as good as anything on his mega-selling albums. But it's a big improvement on Michael, these songs are fully formed, not patchy ideas."

"Its also easy to spot which era they were in. There are disco tracks- where Michael's voice sounds youthful-suggesting they were part of Off The Wall sessions in the late 1970s. One in particular shares its DNA with Rock With You. There are also nods to Thriller and Bad, and 2 more electric tracks that would be right at home in the charts now".

Heres a pic of the article itself

In the article it says: "The song titles are unconfirmed - and the label has requested no official reviews are written until the album is completely finished."

Meaning that we might not have final version and they could make changes to it?

my wish list is to eventually hear from the bottom of my heart, the Katrina song. The Xmas song . But I can wait.

What The Xmas song you are talking about?

BkJsZNRIYAAnYto.jpg

Fred ?@fredlebreton 2 h

The King is taking over... #Xscape pic.twitter.com/sHW7jBBGQW

it's a photoshopped picture...but nice

Should we open a new thread for ads and pics where Xscape is being mentioned, showed or played?

dykwyca is a highly sensitive song based on parents' actions regarding there children, only people who hear the song and understand the lyrics can realise the true meaning of the words Michael wrote whilst creating the track. Very excited for this CD, gonna be electric! i am curious what the other song will be if Chicago & SWLM are the same song.. mystery!

AAAAhhhhhh. Disappointing that Chicago and Chicago 1945 are different songs (I suppose Chicago 1945 is just an early AL Capone, I think?).

At the same time, I'm even more interested in how it sounds as I think I read that it sounds like it's from the Bad era.

How do we know Chicago and Chicago 1945 are different songs? I think they are just alternate titles for the same song.

Last edited:

If Chicago is She Was Loving Me we still only have the names of 7 out of 8 songs (of the songs that were played in that conference- whatever). I thought Chicago is Chicago 1945 - like a song with a Smooth Criminal feeling in it. I guess not. Ahhh mind****!

I don't think Chicago is She was loving me. She was loving me seems to mention "Chicago", that's about it.

Will be gutted if we don't get to hear Chicago on this album....

A song on Michael Jackson's new album is believed to be about the devastation of child sex abuse allegations.

A song on Michael Jackson's new album is believed to be about his struggle to overcome child sex abuse allegations.
The track - 'Do You Know Where Your Children Are?' - is among eight new songs which will feature on the late King of Pop's new record - 'XSCAPE' - which is out in May.
The lyrics tell the story of a 12-year-old girl, who has been abused by her stepfather and ends up working as a prostitute.
Michael sings: ''She wrote that she is tired of step-daddy using her/Saying that he'll buy her things, while sexually abusing her.''
It also includes the phrase: ''Save me from this living hell'', which is repeated a number of times during the song.
The track is believed to have been written after Michael was found not guilty of sex offences against young boys in 2005.
It will feature on the record, which is the second to be released since Michael's death in 2009 of acute Propofol intoxication, and has been worked on by Epic Records chairman L.A Reid and producer Timbaland.
Reid said: ''We are extremely proud and honoured to present this music to the world.''
Meanwhile, in 2013, dancer Wade Robson, who testified to defend the 'Thriller' singer when he was accused of molestation, claimed he was abused by the star. A hearing will take place in June.

Contactmusic

It was written before any of the sexual allegations! !!!!!!!!!

It did seem odd to me that they would include Chicago 1945 on the album so soon after releasing Al Capone on Bad 25, seeing how both those songs are supposedly early versions of Smooth Criminal. We still don't have an official tracklist -- and what we could put together from the listening party articles did have a few gaps where we assumed A Place With No Name and Chicago would be -- so it'll be interesting to find out the final, official list of songs :)

It was written before any of the sexual allegations! !!!!!!!!!

Yes I know Pentum, but what can we do? Inform them? Wait?
Give no attention to it? It will pass by?
What worries me more is that Xscape, DYKWYCA, gets already associated by media with W Robson allegations..(not only the error with date of old allegations)... Maybe I shouldn't worry too much, but...

Yes I know Pentum, but what can we do? Inform them? Wait?
Give no attention to it? It will pass by?
What worries me more is that Xscape, DYKWYCA, gets already associated by media with W Robson allegations..(not only the error with date of old allegations)... Maybe I shouldn't worry too much, but...

The song is not about condoning child abuse but is AGAINST it. So if anything people should ask themselves how does it make sense for MJ to write such a song while allegedly molesting Robson? It doesn't really.

Don't understand why fans are getting themselves in a flap about DYKWYCA. The media are just getting up to their usual tricks. I don't think the estate should re-title the song or compromise on Michael's vision just because of a few lazy journalists trying to stir shit.

Don't understand why fans are getting themselves in a flap about DYKWYCA. The media are just getting up to their usual tricks. I don't think the estate should re-title the song or compromise on Michael's vision just because of a few lazy journalists trying to stir shit.

Exactly. And I really, really hope they did not cut out parts from the lyrics, like they did with Hollywood Tonight.

It did seem odd to me that they would include Chicago 1945 on the album so soon after releasing Al Capone on Bad 25, seeing how both those songs are supposedly early versions of Smooth Criminal. We still don't have an official tracklist -- and what we could put together from the listening party articles did have a few gaps where we assumed A Place With No Name and Chicago would be -- so it'll be interesting to find out the final, official list of songs :)

including the 17th track on Disc 2 Deluxe edition, i'm intrigued to see what that will be! no matter what, we could be getting 3 never heard song's by the end of this campaign!!

We basically know the track listing so they might aswell just go ahead and announce them. When do you guys think the first single will be released??

The song is not about condoning child abuse but is AGAINST it. So if anything people should ask themselves how does it make sense for MJ to write such a song while allegedly molesting Robson? It doesn't really.

Of course!
But I imagine that such articles, as in Contactmusic, draw people's attention away from "Xscape" towards "new allegations" and that is poisonous...certainly before release, before people hear the lyrics.
But maybe I'm too pessimistic in this because I live in a rather MJ unfriendly region...

But I get a bit off topic,maybe not the right thread for this..
And I am and will remain VERY ENTHOUSIASTIC about "XSCAPE" album.
Just worried for media poisoning people's minds...
Luckily till now very good reviews and few things to worry about :)! (Except the allegations hint by Contactmusic and few others...)

Agree, I have no problem with DYKWYCA, but with media... But I believe without any doubt it will be all right in the end and the world will see that W.R.'s allegations are BS.

So far the media seems to be going with the assumption that the song was born from his personal pain and frustration at the allegations, with both articles quoting the "save me from this living hell" line as well as pointing out that he was found not guilty but hounded by accusations the rest of his life, etc.

They're wrong about when it was written and should've checked their facts but really, I am fine with this. The song speaks for itself -- it's a tragic story, expertly told by Michael and apparently the track that blew everyone's mind at the listening party. If anything, this will have a positive impact on the way people see him.

Yes, I can see it that way, more optimistic, thank you!!

Last edited:

So far the media seems to be going with the assumption that the song was born from his personal pain and frustration at the allegations, with both articles quoting the "save me from this living hell" line as well as pointing out that he was found not guilty but hounded by accusations the rest of his life, etc.

They're wrong about when it was written and should've checked their facts but really, I am fine with this. The song speaks for itself -- it's a tragic story, expertly told by Michael and apparently the track that blew everyone's mind at the listening party. If anything, this will have a positive impact on the way people see him.

shit sells

I have made a Picture thread if anyone wants to add pictures there :give_heart:

Back