Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Update: Xscape (Deluxe) is the #5 best seller in Music on Amazon.com The King is reigning supreme, Looking forward to the worldwide Promotional campaign.

IF Points mean units sold? then Xscape deluxe has 14,000 pre order sales worldwide in one day! http://kworb.net/aww/

edit: i don't think worldwide has been updated as it is #2 in Europe with 18,000 sales!!!

Last edited:

Ladies and gents, that "tacky" title font is Michael's handwriting. And I love it. It's great that they're actually utiliZing it.

And if you guys are going to simply complain about the COVER to an album rather than discuss the actual music why don't you make your own covers? And let's see id they're better.

Michael's handwriting? Really?

Just because it's Mike's handwriting doesn't make the coloring and font itself less tacky. Looks like some 80's glittery space sh!t. As for the music ... regardless of the track-list I just want every original / demo for each remixed track. Then we'll take it from there. And Elliott's original outtakes better be on there.

Elliott?

Was Bruce Swedien involved in this project?
Thank god ..no.

That may explain why Roger Friedman is butt hurt.

:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed I think you're confusing Bruce with someone else. Bruce was actually the guy who has been catapulted MJs art literally to an unreachable dimension

I will be buying the Deluxe version. I would buy it anyway just for the cover photo. Those eyes. OMG!!
What other singer, actor whatever has eyes like MJ.

Are there any hints on what the 17th track is going to be?

Michael's handwriting? Really?

Yup. Look at any of his notes, the way the letters are formed. It's taken from his notes on the song.

:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed I think you're confusing Bruce with someone else. Bruce was actually the guy who has been catapulted MJs art literally to an unreachable dimension

I wouldn't go that far. I mean he did engineer and master the music properly but it's not like anyone couldn't do that if they put the effort in. Back then mastering was a touchy thing to do, so there were a lot of people who would do it properly. I love Bruce but he's one of those collaborators who could be switched for someone else without any major effect happening.

This is so perfect. I am very excited about this. Why? Because it's around my birthday! Given the sad and tragic events I've had this year alone, with the Immortal World Tour coming to my area (Atlanta, Georgia), Cher coming, and now Xscape? This will be a breath of fresh air!

One fact: There's already a group out there in the 90s called Xscape, based from my hometown (Atlanta).

I wouldn't go that far. I mean he did engineer and master the music properly but it's not like anyone couldn't do that if they put the effort in. Back then mastering was a touchy thing to do, so there were a lot of people who would do it properly. I love Bruce but he's one of those collaborators who could be switched for someone else without any major effect happening.
Bruce's a recording and mixing engineer (and not mastering ;D). Especially his recording skills and technique were unbeatable back then. Take as an example his recording method of recording (MJs) back vocals: the reverbing effects created with mulltiple layers and while stepped back from the mic each time a little bit more

never heard she was lovin me before. listening to it and wow..the music sounds nice! but i don't know what it will turn out to be in timba's hand. :D

What i have gathered currently from the tracklisting:

17. Bonus Track: Unknown [Demo] #2

It's been said before, but I'd like to repeat it: The 17. track on the bonus edition is most likely no song, but an interlude that seperates the new mixes from the original versions. Remember: It seems that both versions will be on one single CD.
It's just that I don't want people to expect some super ultra special never heard before song and then be extremely disappointed when hearing LAReid, Timbaland or someone else just announcing MJs original tracks.

never heard she was lovin me before. listening to it and wow..the music sounds nice! but i don't know what it will turn out to be in timba's hand. :D

She was Lovin' Me didn't leak. So you most likely heard some other song :)

The song did not leak so it is impossible for you to hear it. Unless you are L.A. Reid?

Last edited:

It's been said before, but I'd like to repeat it: The 17. track on the bonus edition is most likely no song, but an interlude that seperates the new mixes from the original versions.

You don't know that. It is possible they put some demo with incomplete vocals. or demo of previously released song like HT.

she was lovin' me and chicago its the same song ? :swoon:

He couldn't care less if Bruce is involved or not. He just care if his friends James Porte and Cascio brothers are involved because they were paying him big money.

That's right. Friedman was supportive of the Michael album, even though Bruce wasn't on that album either. Friedman is friends with the Cascios that's why.

speaking of the Cascios, has anybody noticed that Dominic Cascio appears on HIStory?

LADIES and Gentelmen...Here it is the Mysterious 17th bouns track :D :D

https://www.facebook.com/JesseJohnsonfan/posts/10152317594366224?stream_ref=10

He said it is released on 13th May so I am positive it is that track :D

Here is the Post

"Jesse Johnson
30 mins ·

Michael Jackson & D'Angelo+ Mary J Blige
"H** ** *** *********e"

Produced by D'ANGELO

Michael+D'Angelo+Mary-VOCALS

D'Angelo-All keys+Sitar
Jesse Johnson-All guitars (Taylor T5z & T5 Acoustics)
Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson-Drums (aka: "Afican Telephone")
Pino Palladino-Basssss
Eric "Ric" Leeds-all Horns

Engineers:
Russ Elevado
Ben Kane
Executive Producer:
John McClain

I was very honored to have been chosen to a part of this event. I hope it brings the same kind of pleasure to your earholes as it did to ours making it.

LovePeace,
Jesse J🎸 "

You don't know that. It is possible they put some demo with incomplete vocals. or demo of previously released song like HT.

No, I don't. I would be awesome if it was an unfinished demo. But better expect the worst and then be pleasently surprised than expecting the best to be left disappointed :)

H** ** *** *********e
Can we try and guess the title People ?? :D

tidus72000;3977419 said:
LADIES and Gentelmen...Here it is the Mysterious 17th bouns track :D :D

"Jesse Johnson
30 mins ·

Michael Jackson & D'Angelo+ Mary J Blige
"H** ** *** *********e"

and now we have to fill in the caps :D
Song name start with letter H, then word, word and word ending with e

Anyone knows this?

How is *** *********e :D :D :p

How is the ???

H** ** *** *********e
Can we try and guess the title People ?? :D
LNFSG - dunno why but that was my first thought as I read Executive Producer:
John McClain. Perhaps because of the fact that BTM had also a featured artist

I'd guess How do you *********e

'How Is The Atmosphere' works perfectly, i wouldn't be surprised if that is the title! possibly it's an anthem? sounds mesmerising! very excited to hear these song's.

Maybe Chicago and She Was Lovin' Me really are the same song, and this one is the missing no. 8?

interesting, is this a new edit or was it intended to originally be a duet between these three artists? looking forward to hearing it!!!

Probably it had unfinished vocals so they made it a duet. Don't know who D'Angelo is. But I'm ok with Mary J Blige.

Maybe Chicago and She Was Lovin' Me really are the same song, and this one is the missing no. 8?

that wouldn't work as, if that happened we'd only be getting 16 song's :lol:

No, it is the bonus track, because people at the listening party would mention a duet song, especially with known artist like Mary J Blige.

Back