Xscape General Discussion

'Xscape' Project Credits:
Art Direction & Design - Mat Maitland
Imagery - Mat Maitland

''Big Active Creative Director and lifelong MJ fan, Mat Maitland, has created the cover for the new Michael Jackson album ‘Xscape’. Mat explains, “I really wanted to create an image of Michael that felt current, like a brand new album, rather than something that felt retrospective and it was important to me to evoke his magic and otherworldly presence.''
he's either a hater in disguise trying to make a parody out of MJ or a casual fan who's not capable of creating great artpiece. I saw his profile, don't like his composition at all. The estate should have hired Nate giorgio instead. never understood their choices.

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

But this should be on Standard Edition 9th track, not on the Deluxe edition 17th.

No, it is the bonus track, because people at the listening party would mention a duet song, especially with known artist like Mary J Blige.

Yeah, that makes sense.
Well, I'm excited! It's fun guessing the tracks on the album :)

he's either a hater in disguise trying to make a parody out of MJ or a casual fan who's not capable of creating great artpiece. I saw his profile, don't like his composition at all. The estate should have hired Nate giorgio instead. never understood their choices.

He did create a great artpiece. It is your problem that you don't like it. The cover is amazing and majority of fans like it.

Maybe you are the hater in disguise trying to make a parody out of MJ? I can see that happening with all of yours negative comments.

"Hot fun in the summertime" (Sly & the family stone remake). It could work as there are male and female vocals in there, too.
But "H** ** *** *********e" misses the second word (fun).

concerning the cover, they did a great job. (i love it)

i never ever expected that they use a photo with a "recent" MJ.

and this bonus track seems interesting, MJB is a great singer and active for over 20years. (also better than beyonce.)

"Hot fun in the summertime" (Sly & the family stone remake). It could work as there are male and female vocals in there, too.

I had that in mind too but as you've said the "fun" is missing. Maybe JJ forgot to type the ***

I also think it is "Hot Fun In The Summertime" and Jesse forgot to type asteriks for one word. Both Michael and Janet were fans of the music of Sly & The Family Stone (and Michael owned the rights to their recordings, lol).

If I were to guess, I'd say this was either recorded around 1998-2001 or 2003/2004 and newly finished posthumously.

The estate should have hired Nate giorgio instead.

:( You really think all of that ?....While I enjoy Nate's pieces , I for one am extremely grateful that The Estate chose Mat. It is not rocket science to see that Mat has honoured Michael 1000 per cent.
Of course You have your own opinion on the artwork but I doubt Mat is a hater, bad25.

Thank you Mat Maitland :flowers:

I don't even know how to reply to this... - I have heard 100's of positive comments about the cover - and very few negative... - You hate everything the Estate and SONY does. - So why are you even in this thread. - We are trying to be positive and happy here. - Celebrating a new MJ release! - Best thing that has happend in years!!

I also think it is "Hot Fun In The Summertime" and Jesse forgot to type asteriks for one word. Both Michael and Janet were fans of the music of Sly & The Family Stone (and Michael owned the rights to their recordings, lol).

If I were to guess, I'd say this was either recorded around 1998-2001 or 2003/2004 and newly finished posthumously.

I hope you are right. - Would be great!

if thats true... that would be an insane tune.

good guess, fun song, bet MJ had alot of fun recording it.

To my understanding Hot Fun in the Summertime was done in the mid/late '80s, soon after Michael bought the ATV catalog. He did touch on it with Prince and Buxer sometime towards the end of his life, and apparently he added some vocals (at least according to what Prince said to Damien Shields).

In any case, this may not be the seventeenth song. Assuming Chicago and SWLM really are the same track it could very easily be the eighth song.

Let's see how it goes when the track listing drops.

So he's a hater because he wanted to use a more current image of MJ? That doesn't make any sense.

I don't mean to be rude but does anything please you? To be quite honest you never post anything positive in the thread. It's always negativity. Of course complaints are very understandable and encouraged (just look at some of my posts from the last few days, lol) but there has to be something positive in there.

We got the original demos and you're complaining about the remixes. You're complaining about the cover. You're complaining about everything. Come on.

He did touch on it with Prince and Buxer sometime towards the end of his life, and apparently he added some vocals (at least according to what Prince said to Damien Shields).

Can you find that article please?

OK, have we come to any conclusion regarding a) She was lovin' me, b) Chicago & c) the mystified 8th track - in the case that a) & b) are the same?

'Hot Fun In The Summertime' Duett maybe is the 8th track?

Or is it the 17th bonus track from the Deluxe Edition?

It's driving me a little crazy i gotta say...

If it really is "Hot in the summertime" as the bonus track, this could be a good second single (for summer). However, they tend to release duets as first singles... so we'll see.

And as I understand it you can only get it on the deluxe. So as a single, it would be good promo to buy the deluxe, at the same time exposure for the originals.

OnirMJ;3977460 said:
Can you find that article please?

Here ya go :)

“Neff-U had originally worked with Michael, Brad Buxer and I long before 2008,” continued Prince. “He originally came to Brad’s house years earlier and worked on some stuff that never came out, like ‘Hot Fun In The Summertime’ – the 1969 Sly Stone song. I think MJ only sang a tiny bit on that one, but they were trying a bunch of stuff. Neff-U is very talented.”

http://www.damienshields.com/michael-jacksons-a-place-with-no-name-the-story-behind-the-song/

Enough articles have said that Michael recorded it in full, but if not it could have been finished posthumously.

I found it:

http://www.damienshields.com/michael-jacksons-a-place-with-no-name-the-story-behind-the-song/

“Neff-U had originally worked with Michael, Brad Buxer and I long before 2008,” continued Prince. “He originally came to Brad’s house years earlier and worked on some stuff that never came out, like ‘Hot Fun In The Summertime’ – the 1969 Sly Stone song. I think MJ only sang a tiny bit on that one, but they were trying a bunch of stuff. Neff-U is very talented.”

So according to what Michael Prince said they had to make it as a duet. I'm fine with that.

Not only that but APWNN wasn't suppose to leak. That's Steve's fault.
STTR Tricky, LNFSG (2010 and 1980), and BG all leaked because of fans butt hurt over the Cascios.

Lol, load of bulls**t, APWNN was in a number of peoples hands, people were profiting from the track. same goes for the others, people sell, those people sell and it gets to the point where enough people have the song that someone leaks it, putting it as blatantly as "Steves Fault" and "Butt hurt over Cascio's" just make you look dumb.

If She Was Lovin Me and Chicago are the same songs, then Hot Fun In Summertime is not a "bonus song", but simply among the 8 tracks + the demo of it like a demo of all the others.

To my understanding Hot Fun in the Summertime was done in the mid/late '80s, soon after Michael bought the ATV catalog. He did touch on it with Prince and Buxer sometime towards the end of his life, and apparently he added some vocals (at least according to what Prince said to Damien Shields).

In any case, this may not be the seventeenth song. Assuming Chicago and SWLM really are the same track it could very easily be the eighth song.

Let's see how it goes when the track listing drops.

If HFITS were the 8th track on the album, journalists would have certainly mentioned it, as it is a very well-known song, and a MJ cover of it would have caught their attention : it would have actually probably been the main headline of all the reports : "MJ covers Sly".

It would make more sense as a bonus song.

Maybe that will be the 1st single. Joe said that it would surprise us.

Kreen has a good point. The eighth track on the album is still unidentified in that case and Hot Fun in the Summertime seems to be the bonus.

Joe Vogel just recently confirmed that Chicago and SWLM are indeed the same song. I don't know what the critic reviews are suggesting but track 8 is still unknown. It better be unleaked though; don't waste an opportunity.

Kreen has a good point. The eighth track on the album is still unidentified in that case and Hot Fun in the Summertime seems to be the bonus.

Joe Vogel just recently confirmed that Chicago and SWLM are indeed the same song. I don't know what the critic reviews are suggesting but track 8 is still unknown. It better be unleaked though; don't waste an opportunity.

*CGYWOM* i'm praying will be the undefined eighth track! then, it'd be perfect for sure.

Maybe that will be the 1st single. Joe said that it would surprise us.
If this is the song it's very possible. But I still would prefer an uptemo track as first single, the song Xscape for example. Hot fun second single :)

I don't see why everyone thinks it will be. Just because it's circulating? I honestly don't want it on the album because the second they announce it, the collectors will leak it. Let's keep the album a surprise. Have the eighth track be an older track. Buffalo Bill is just sitting around, as is Throwin' Your Life Away.

Back