Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Comne to think of it, have any reviews talked about a ballad on the album? There's got to be an MJ-type ballad on the album, right?

Maybe LNFSG ?

Makes a lot of sense actually.

didn't some people post lyrics to the song's? perhaps we could try associating it with Can't Get Your Weight Off Me? it's possible.. who knows ;)

Also it is a stupid thing to rename a song Chicago when the song with that name (Chicago 1945) already exists and can be released in the future.

Fun that Hot Fun in the Summertime will be released, I love Sly and the Family Stone. Not a fan of the duets idea (if it was indeed finished posthumously), but since it's likely just a bonus track it doesn't bother me that much. I can't imagine that it is the 8th track, because reviewers definitely would have mentioned a duet (or that one of the 8 tracks was still kept a secret from them). Would be nice to get the original demo of it too, though.

The She Was Loving Me/Chicago thing is definitely confusing, especially because they were mentioned as separate tracks in one review. But Vogel seems to be very sure about it..

I still think Love Never Felt So Good will be the first single.

Lol nothing better than confused MJ fans xD

Also it is a stupid thing to rename a song Chicago when the song with that name (Chicago 1945) already exists and can be released in the future.

Michael recorded three songs called One More Chance. Not that weird.

I guess there's a possibility that HFITS is indeed the 8th track and the first single, but that journalists were specifically told not to talk about that one, to keep the element of surprise.

It would suck it true, personally. It's a cover, and while I'm sure it's fun to listen to, I wouldn't mind it as a bonus track, but not as one out of 8 "new" songs, when so many MJ originals are still unheard. It's intersting like MJ's cover of "Come Together", but that's it.

Just because it's on the album it doesn't mean it will be the first single.

I really hope that the 8th track is an uptempo killer track.

I vote for a mid or down tempo track for the eighth song. The album is cluttered with up tempo numbers.

Michael recorded three songs called One More Chance. Not that weird.

Yes. But He called them One More Chance. He didn't rename some other song. I wonder what Cory Rooney thinks about that..

This Daily Mirror review mentioned all 8 songs and interestingly, it listed Chicago and She Was Lovin' Me as two separate tracks. However, it has since been edited to remove them all apart from Slave To The Rhythm. My guess is they were asked to remove them by Epic/Sony. Except for Slave as it is already known from the Experia advert.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...vingly-restored-3332961#.Uzr2fTXEas0.facebook

Confused about the whole Chicago thing though. If She Was Lovin' Me has been renamed Chicago then why do some reviews refer to another song called Chicago as well?

I know what you mean but they edited the article today and removed the names of all songs except STTR :D For my luck i had a screenshot i took myself and sent to Joe to ask him...Here is the original article in case people can't see the names of the songs in that new edit :

BkL_oKKIUAISpXD.jpg

compare it :D

Yes. But He called them One More Chance. He didn't rename some other song. I wonder what Cory Rooney thinks about that..

To be quite honest, I really don't care. It's the title; it doesn't mean the song is ruined. Plus, who's to say that Cory didn't change it himself?

Looks like Hot Fun in the Summertime isn't included. Joe Vogel said it didn't make it. But maybe he meant the standard version.

This Daily Mirror review mentioned all 8 songs and interestingly, it listed Chicago and She Was Lovin' Me as two separate tracks. However, it has since been edited to remove them all apart from Slave To The Rhythm. My guess is they were asked to remove them by Epic/Sony. Except for Slave as it is already known from the Experia advert.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...vingly-restored-3332961#.Uzr2fTXEas0.facebook

Confused about the whole Chicago thing though. If She Was Lovin' Me has been renamed Chicago then why do some reviews refer to another song called Chicago as well?

here it is, uncensored & unedited
"Largely comprised of songs recorded in the 90s and early 2000s, Xscape is a more cohesive album in comparison to 2010 offering "Michael."

Eight previously unreleased songs have been (in the words of Executive Producer L.A Reid) 'contemporized' by the likes of Timbaland, Stargate and Rodney Jerkins. And whilst the fresh 2014 production enhances that trademark MJ vocal, it doesn't detract from the original song and the genius of Michael's songwriting vision.

As the album begins, you're immediately transported back to the Thriller era, thanks to an amazing 1983 disco groove called "Love Never Felt So Good". With its soulful vocal, infectious baseline and orchestral strings, it's a song that screams 'Jackson classic' and it says a lot about influence when you consider that it wouldn't sound out of place on the latest Pharrell album.

I challenge anyone not to experience goosebumps after hearing "A Place With No Name" a song layered with lush harmonies believed to have been recorded in 1998 and a song that deserves to played by radio stations worldwide.

Potential single "Slave To The Rhythm" is a floor-filler for a new generation whilst 1999's RnB soaked "She Was Lovin' Me" (originally considered for the 2001 Invincible album) has echoes of "The Way You Make Me Feel."

Two other songs, "Chicago" and "Blue Gangster" will also remind you of previous Jackson offerings but both tracks benefit from newly enhanced production and remind us of the fact that Michael was keen to remain relevant to the emerging hip-hop generation.

But one of the outstanding cuts on the "Xscape" album is a song called "12 O'Clock" or "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" in which an emphatic Jackson discusses family values and child abuse over a pulsating bass line and guitar riff. Whilst I'm not convinced the new production has added anything to the original, it's still a song that will get everyone talking.

And as the album concludes with title track "Xscape" a sonic slice of noughties electro-pop, I'm left satisfied that Michael's legacy will endure thanks to a collection of carefully selected material, lovingly re-engineered for millions of fans and new fans alike. There's a reason he was called The King of Pop after all."

I am looking so much forward to the tracklist. :)

The 8th track is gonna be the MJ/Bieber Slave To The Rhythm duet

The 8th track is gonna be the MJ/Bieber Slave To The Rhythm duet

Then the bonus track must be "(I Can't Take) Another Shitstorm" xD

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pl"><p>OMG!!! GUYSS I JUST HEARD DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN ARE ON TV.. This News Channel Played It.. THE FEELSSS..</p>&mdash; Daniel-Ruben (@DVRForever) <a href="https://twitter.com/DVRForever/statuses/451396992028385280">kwiecie&#324; 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sephiroth820;3977550 said:
omg!!! Guyss i just heard do you know where your children are on tv.. This news channel played it.. The feelsss..
&#8212; daniel-ruben (@dvrforever) kwiecie&#324; 2, 2014
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. What tv channel!?!

Probably the leaked version. No way the estate put out the new one already.

It's April 2nd now man, don't mess with us. :p

The fact that I posted that after April 1st should prove that I am being super for realsies

Sephiroth820;3977550 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="pl"><p>OMG!!! GUYSS I JUST HEARD DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN ARE ON TV.. This News Channel Played It.. THE FEELSSS..</p>&#8212; Daniel-Ruben (@DVRForever) <a href="https://twitter.com/DVRForever/statuses/451396992028385280">kwiecie&#324; 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

that is fantastic if it is indeed true!!! if this is the case then it could be the first single from the album

Snippet.

| RUMOR |

Apparently, the mystery of the ' 17 ' track came to an end. According to guitarist Jesse Johnson, the bonus track is an incomplete demo of MJ which had vocals completed by D'angelo and ... SURPRISE!, the Queen of hip-hop/Soul, Mary j. Blige!

The title hasn't been released, but Johnson anticipated that starts with "H" and ends with "and": "H ** **** ** **** **** e! Let's start bets?!

Alleged claims by band: Production-> D'angelo Jesse Johnson-> Guitars (Taylor T5z & T5 with the acoustic part) D'Angelo-> keyboard and zither Ahmir "central figure Questlove" Thompson-> Battery Pino Palladino-> Low Eric "Ric" Leeds-> Horns sound engineers-Russ > High and Ben Kane executive producer-> John McClain

Out of all the songs that leaked since Michael died I think that DYKWYCA is by far the best. It has that classic and genius Michael Jackson sound to it

Back