Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

The DJ is located in Rochester, so just follow the UK's timezone.

What geographical area is covered by this radio station? Kent, is it?

I've never heard BRfm but is this a big enough station to debut this song? Unless a station like Radio one or two is playing it first. It seems too good to be true (but I really, really hope it is).

Is BRfm (U.K.) the only radio station that's going to play this tomorrow morning? What about the other countries out there?

Any word on that?

Wow, the physical deluxe edition is only 18Dollar on Amazon-USA? It's 23€ in Germany (ca. 32 Dollar)!

Elf.gif

I share your sentiment, it's happening!

tumblr_ljd5qol6Z51qixleeo1_250.gif

Bubs;3978184 said:
I was reading Zack O'Malley-Greenburg's latest article and there was a good idea for an album launch:

"jaris32 15 hours ago
Hey Zack, I have good idea that I think would work even better than Beyonce’s album launch. Michael’s estate should work out an arrangement with Facebook where they send like a direct message to all 70 million of Michael Jackson’s facebook followers (people who have already been following him as of the date of the launch) with a link to were they can buy the album at a special price of just $3.99. That’s as cheap as some ring tones. If they make it a limited time one day offer and it is targeted to people who are known to be a fan since they already liked the page then imagine if just a third of the 70 million fans make the purchase. That’s about 23 million albums sold in one day. Even though it is discounted to $3.99 it doesn’t matter cause it is a digital download and there is no cost for printing the cd or packaging and at $3.99 a piece times 23 million that equals $91.77 million with one day of sales. Even if they sold only half that amount it would be astronomical for one day of sales. I think a facebook album launch would be the next genius idea for an album launch and would work way better than the Itunes launch that Beyonce did."

To me it seems to be a good idea, what you think?

You should post this here just in case the Estate might be interested with the idea: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-submit-messages-to-Estate-via-MJ-Online-Team

Judging by how song debuts seem to go, I'm gonna venture a guess and say many DJ's have received a go ahead. Tony seems to be the first to tweet about it.

The idea of giving a discount to the Facebook fans is terrible. That will look like a cheap way for the album to be a success. Lady Gaga did a similar tactic, where she sold her Born This Way album on Amazon for 99 cents. It was a major success commercially but everyone was criticizing the choice. Of course criticism is going to happen regardless but it would be wise not to give people more reasons to criticize. Plus, the Beyoncé comparison doesn't work, as she still made people buy the album at full price.

The album will be a success whether or not the estate does a price tactic. But it won't go over well, I know that.

OnirMJ;3978221 said:
Joe did not say that Chicago and SWLM are the same. He said that they are 2 different tracks and that She Was Loving Me (apparently renamed as Chicago) is on the new album and that Chicago is not.

That's what I meant :p

He's a radio DJ and has confirmed that he has received the go ahead from Epic/Estate to debut the track Xscape at 9am.

The morning is a great opportunity. People are heading to work and class.

Is that a major radio station?

The idea of giving a discount to the Facebook fans is terrible. That will look like a cheap way for the album to be a success. Lady Gaga did a similar tactic, where she sold her Born This Way album on Amazon for 99 cents. It was a major success commercially but everyone was criticizing the choice. Of course criticism is going to happen regardless but it would be wise not to give people more reasons to criticize.

Buy the album at standard price.

Exactly.

on another note:

sry off topic, but: Have you read Gaz' post yesterday in the MJJC-Donate/Support thread?

We are all in here celebrating & having a good time! MJJC is a great & lovely home for many of us! Better than any official site, better than any other fan site i know.

Shouldn't some more of us click on the Donate-Bar?
I mean so many are here at the moment anticipating this release & spending money on MJ.
We should all have something for our MJ-Home. MJJC is our Neverland.

We as Michael's fans tomorrow @ 9 UK time
oldtimeradio-1-1-2epting-300x257-126abvo.jpg

hopefully someone is recording it tomorrow. can't listen cause I'm at work :/ hopefully the people love it

I think they should release it on itunes first. Maybe today at midnight. And then tommorrow radio debut on every radio station worldwide so people can buy the song when they hear it.

AlwaysThere;3978249 said:
The idea of giving a discount to the Facebook fans is terrible. That will look like a cheap way for the album to be a success. Lady Gaga did a similar tactic, where she sold her Born This Way album on Amazon for 99 cents. It was a major success commercially but everyone was criticizing the choice. Of course criticism is going to happen regardless but it would be wise not to give people more reasons to criticize. Plus, the Beyoncé comparison doesn't work, as she still made people buy the album at full price.

The album will be a success whether or not the estate does a price tactic. But it won't go over well, I know that.

Come to think about it, I think you have a point. We criticised Katy P for lowering the price of her album so she could tie with MJ having 5 no 1 hits in one album, so it might be a little cheeky to take that route.

^^exactly. Plus, not to get off topic, of all the people to tie with MJ for five no. 1 hits, Katy Perry???

^^exactly. Plus, not to get off topic, of all the people to tie with MJ for five no. 1 hits, Katy Perry???

No talent.. but nice boobs!

Fantastic news that a UK radio station has the premiere of Michael's comeback release. Very excited to hear how Darkchild's final production will sound, will listen with great joy and pride. I hope for a single release soon after and that several other radio stations will follow after it has aired. Excitement is currently going through the roof.

Ah, so 4am my time the song will be played on UK radio. Sweet. Hopefully by the time I wake up someone could have recorded.

At work when the song airs, damn. Someone better record it (or they could just release the damn single) =P

REMEMBER TO WHOEVER RECORDS IT.

1. Use a Good Mic
2. Don't hold the mic too close to the speaker.
3. Use a good speakers.
4. If possible record from computers soundcard.

REMEMBER TO WHOEVER RECORDS IT.

1. Use a Good Mic
2. Don't hold the mic too close to the speaker.
3. Use a good speakers.
4. If possible record from computers soundcard.

Stereomix + SoundForge. :)

Back