Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

REMEMBER TO WHOEVER RECORDS IT.

1. Use a Good Mic
2. Don't hold the mic too close to the speaker.
3. Use a good speakers.
4. If possible record from computers soundcard.

Sorry, but I totally disagree with this.

There should be NO recording of it. Why can't people wait for it's release?? That's part of the fun... the anticipation and yearning of waiting.:woohoo: And then we can all go buy it later.

I'm flat out against people recording it, and then sharing it. That's just wrong and will cut back on sales. Too many cheap folks out there who would rather get it for free then legally obtain it.

Can't wait...

on another note:

sry off topic, but: Have you read Gaz' post yesterday in the MJJC-Donate/Support thread?

We are all in here celebrating & having a good time! MJJC is a great & lovely home for many of us! Better than any official site, better than any other fan site i know.

Shouldn't some more of us click on the Donate-Bar?
I mean so many are here at the moment anticipating this release & spending money on MJ.
We should all have something for our MJ-Home. MJJC is our Neverland.

You are right of course. I've just made a donation

REMEMBER TO WHOEVER RECORDS IT.

1. Use a Good Mic
2. Don't hold the mic too close to the speaker.
3. Use a good speakers.
4. If possible record from computers soundcard.

edit, don't wanna pirate this. lol

I recommend to everyone to wait until you hear the song on the radio or until they release it. Because those recordings from the radio are usually poor quality.

^^exactly. Plus, not to get off topic, of all the people to tie with MJ for five no. 1 hits, Katy Perry???

I would stress the song E.T. from Katy's record needed the Kanye West remix to go #1 so I still wouldn't REALLY consider it equalling Michael's record ')

edit, don't wanna pirate this. lol

We aren't going to be pirates for long. We all will be buying the album I assume and all the singles to support this project?

AlwaysThere;3978249 said:
The idea of giving a discount to the Facebook fans is terrible. That will look like a cheap way for the album to be a success. Lady Gaga did a similar tactic, where she sold her Born This Way album on Amazon for 99 cents. It was a major success commercially but everyone was criticizing the choice. Of course criticism is going to happen regardless but it would be wise not to give people more reasons to criticize. Plus, the Beyoncé comparison doesn't work, as she still made people buy the album at full price.

The 99c deal couldn't happen today, rule changes prevented that from being allowed count. Records have to be $3.99 or higher in price now to be eligible to chart. To Lady Gaga's credit, it was Amazon that used her record to coax people from iTunes to them because they knew it would be a big seller. They paid the difference so unless Amazon were going to pay millions more to do it again only to get flack for it I doubt it'll happen... But I definitely agree, Facebook fan discounts its an awful idea.

^^exactly. Plus, not to get off topic, of all the people to tie with MJ for five no. 1 hits, Katy Perry???

Then again, would it be that bad if they did it only for 1 day? It could work like major marketing campaign, people sharing links in facebook = free advertising.
I'm no marketing person, so I leave it to the estate people to mull over.

PS, Here is a snippet of the article and link to Zack's article
Of course, with a departed act, a short runway can be much easier to negotiate. There are no tours or publicity appearances to organize. And as with living acts, the advent of social media has rendered a lengthy leadup unnecessary. With over 70 million likes on Facebook, Jackson is as well equipped as any to spread the word.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackoma...ael-jackson-beyonce-and-jay-z-have-in-common/

Last edited:

I am looking so very much forward to hear Xscape.

Is there a live stream?? I can't hear UK radio - so a live stream link would be great.

ALSO - does the radio station write anything about premiering the new MJ single??

Now think about it. Did the radio host say that it was a new mix of Xscape? This could easily be the original work in progress recording. It WAS completed by Michael and Rodney after all.

Just a friendly moderator reminder : Please stop mentioning Cascio songs on this thread. We reserve the right to delete such posts without any notice.

This BRFM seems... kinda small. That's the impression their website gives anyway. Their "listen live" window isn't working either. DAMN YOU, CRAPPY BRFM SERVERS!

https://twitter.com/TonyGoldBRfm

Tony Gold ?@TonyGoldBRfm 2 Std.

Got the go ahead to play the title track - Xscape - from the brand new Michael Jackson album on breakfast tomorrow morning at 9am :)

Tony Gold ?@TonyGoldBRfm 3 Std.

Just been having a private listen to the new Michael Jackson album - Xscape - out in May, sounds really really good :)

No talent.. but nice boobs!

you mean she is the opposite of MJ? Wait, wait, that would mean MJ had much talent but no boobs:bugeyed

My guess is they would release the new version like they used it with the album teaser. They remixed the songs to make them sound nowadays so it would be pointless if they are not using them. Or u just mean tomorrow?

I'm not a fan of the low price for more sales idea, I think it's a cheap [no pun] marketing trick and to me it feels like cheating. When I see other singers' sales figures and then see they did it, I roll my eyes and feel unimpressed. I don't think Sony should do it, then.

This BRFM seems... kinda small. That's the impression their website gives anyway. Their "listen live" window isn't working either. DAMN YOU, CRAPPY BRFM SERVERS!

This sound rather uneventful. Not many will hear this.

https://twitter.com/TonyGoldBRfm

Tony Gold ?@TonyGoldBRfm 2 Std.

Got the go ahead to play the title track - Xscape - from the brand new Michael Jackson album on breakfast tomorrow morning at 9am :)

Tony Gold ?@TonyGoldBRfm 3 Std.

Just been having a private listen to the new Michael Jackson album - Xscape - out in May, sounds really really good :)

Maybe we need to solicit radio stations in our local big cities and request they play this song and they can pursue estate for permission. It sounds like that's what that DJ at BRfm may have done.

bad25?

Reading between the lines, he a bit p**ssed that some people criticised Bad25 (not me, I loved it), so he want's to downgrade this release.

I could be wrong.

i dont know what he said. so i can not make an opinion about that.

but its not negative to say i dont like the cover, i dont like to have mixes on the album. its an opinion.

i dont know what he said. so i can not make an opinion about that.

but its not negative to say i dont like the cover, i dont like to have mixes on the album. its an opinion.

Of course it's not negative to give opinions, but I have seen you praise a song that is included (well, its original version) and give props to the estate for doing something right. Bad25 has not done that.

Listening to the Teaser of XSCAPE again.. the final mix by Darkchild has grown on me a lot.. very excited to hear the track in full.

What time is it in Denmark? - is it 10 or 8 ?

I can't judge much from that 15 seconds teaser... - Sounds like too many Hee's and Hoo's - but I can not judge a 5 min song on 15 seconds !! - Can't wait to hear the full song! - So exited !!

Back