Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

According to Joe Vogel it's not, but anyway what the hell is everybody's problem with LNFSG? I've loved it ever since it leaked online.

I love it too, but I think it's a strange choice for first single. I think many fans feel that a huge dance number would grab the attention of the masses more than a mid-tempo song. But then, it's been remixed, so maybe the new production gives it what it needs to be a hit. According to the reviews it's produced to have an 80s dance/disco/Off The Wall feel. With the current chart trends (Pharrell, Timberlake, Daft Punk, Bruno Mars etc.) that could be a good thing.

I love it too, but I think it's a strange choice for first single. I think many fans feel that a huge dance number would grab the attention of the masses more than a mid-tempo song. But then, it's been remixed, so maybe the new production gives it what it needs to be a hit. According to the reviews it's produced to have an 80s dance/disco/Off The Wall feel. With the current chart trends (Pharrell, Timberlake, Daft Punk, Bruno Mars etc.) that could be a good thing.

To be honest its the song I'm most looking forward to. The possibilities are endless with this song. Bet it will sound something like Bruno's "Treasure" which is one brilliant song!

First single for Thriller & BAD did surprise many people, they were definitely unexpected.. i think if Hot Fun is to be the lead single for this album then it could persuade people to buy the deluxe version, after hearing the original last night.. i have to say, i'm excited to hear Michael's rendition! it seems, if this is indeed a posthumous duet.. the estate have chosen well, in regards to duet partners.

Original - Hot Fun;

Example of Mary J. Blige;

Example Of D'angelo;

Michael Jackson, Incomparable Vocals;

I have a question.

According to Joe Vogel it's not, but anyway what the hell is everybody's problem with LNFSG? I've loved it ever since it leaked online.

I haven't even heard the song, and don't have anything else against the song except that the fact Paul Anka is in it. He might be good singer and so, but I didn't like the way he went to media and told them Michael stole This Is It from him. He could have handled the whole issue so many different ways, but he came across as arrogant prick with his rantings, thus I personally dislike him, and prefer not to pay to listen to him at all, but hey, what can you do if it is on the album :unsure:

I will give LNFSG the benefit of the doubt!

I hope it's great and I will like it very much.

I haven't even heard the song, and don't have anything else against the song except that the fact Paul Anka is in it. He might be good singer and so, but I didn't like the way he went to media and told them Michael stole This Is It from him. He could have handled the whole issue so many different ways, but he came across as arrogant prick with his rantings, thus I personally dislike him, and prefer not to pay to listen to him at all, but hey, what can you do if it is on the album :unsure:

Despite all that, you need to judge the song on its own merits.

I've been pretty excited about LNFSG's inclusion. It's the perfect song to be given the makeover treatment in the form we've already heard. I mean all we have is the basic vocal melody so they could go any way with it. I've got a feeling a lot of you are going to love it in the final version.

I'm certainly more confident about the 'contemporizing' of LNFSG than I am of Slave and APWNN.

Here's my question:

Do you think that when they release the first single, they might include 7 other tracks of the album as bonus tracks to the first single?

Despite all that, you need to judge the song on its own merits.

I've been pretty excited about LNFSG's inclusion. It's the perfect song to be given the makeover treatment in the form we've already heard. I mean all we have is the basic vocal melody so they could go any way with it. I've got a feeling a lot of you are going to love it in the final version.

I'm certainly more confident about the 'contemporizing' of LNFSG than I am of Slave and APWNN.

Exactly. The melody of LNFSG is fantastic, and could lead the song in any direction. I'm not knocking any songs before I heard them properly, but I dislike most current music and the snippets of Xscape and Slave sound to be like a lot of what I don't like.

I am actually surprised that the reviews so far are as positive as they are...

I mean - critics love to bash MJ - and he rarely got great reviews...

But thus far - reviews have actually been very good. - They all say there are some great songs.

Hope they will also write positive reviews in the newspapers when they actually write the real review!

Public perception of MJ has changed since his death. The balance between the controversy and his musical artistry has shifted in terms of what people think of when they hear his name -- it isn't where it should be yet (and I doubt it ever will be) but a much larger percentage of the general public think of great music when they hear the name Michael Jackson.

Death demands respect I guess, on some level and from some people at least. Unfair and hypocritical? Sure. But if it makes people pay more attention to the music he left behind, I'll take what I can get.

The many songs that Michael left behind or did not give to Sony in Mottola days where done for a purpose. Many people thought he was lazy or had lost it. NO ! that was completley the opposite of what the real reson was it was so he could bring his best work out in later years! When Sony regrouped and had better ppl at the top.
Michael told many fans ( i was there) at the killer thriller party in London that he wanted to give Sony one more compilation and he was done. However later he decided to go again with Sony because Mottola got the boot.
Invincible would of had a lot more stronger songs on it but he knew it would be a waste had he had used that material for Mottola.
Hence the gold nuggets in the vault still. Fans should 100% support this new cd as the way it has been/is being marketed, promoted it reminds of how Michael would of done it.
I for one have heard the leaked songs but to have in contemparised form done with l.o.v.e. from some industry top arrangers/producers plus have the original recordings how Michael left them is adhering to everything the fanbase wanted.
Estate/ Sony will never please everyone but Michael would have wanted these songs to live on, he was constatantly reworking or tweeking he said that in his days with Will iam.

T

Michael always called This Is It This Is It (there was even copyright registration made by Michael in 1984). It was Anka who called the song I Never Heard.
two different songs!
I Never Heard written by MJ & PA
This Is It written by MJ (solely)

Forget Paul Anka. It's a Michael Jackson song. Michael was at least as involved in it's creation as Anka as they co-wrote the song together. And you won't hear Anka on the song because he doesn't sing on it. Heck, they may not even leave his piano on the track. And yeah, Anka may be a dick, but look what Quincy Jones has turned into. Are we going to stop listening to Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad just because he was involved in the making of those albums?

10155550_742630915781733_7476211560493236156_n.jpg

"Love Never Felt So Good"? :doh: :busted:

NOT a good idea. It's not a bad song, but it's not a single material.

Epic Records pays Timbaland to be the main producer and 'to create hits', then releases "Love Never Felt So Good" as lead single? o_O

Exactly!

If Love Never Felt So Good is the first single I hope it isn't due to Paul Anka pulling a hissy fit

What did Joe Vogel say? He said that it will surprise us (meaning it's not the best song - Slave or Chicago), so it's LNFSG. Or I missed something new?

I don't have any problems with Love Never Felt So Good. I just don't think it would be a strong first single

two different songs!
I Never Heard written by MJ & PA
This Is It written by MJ (solely)

I don't think so. Probably it's an early demo without Anka's contribution.

Love Never Felt So Good is one of my most anticipated tracks. I just hope the new mix isn't too safe. Since we're also getting the original recording, I want the producers to go all out with the 2014 reworking.

I don’t mind Love Never Felt So Good to be the first single… I just hope there’ll be more than 2 singles.

I really want Slave and Xscape to be singles, and DYKWYCR … and Chicago too.

Hope the album will get strong and long promotion!!!

This ist what Vogel said:

Joe Vogel ‏@JoeVogel1 ·31. März
@onir_mj @damienshields The single will surprise people, but IMO is a great choice. Tracklist hasn't been announced yet so I can't say

Allusio;3981103 said:
I really want Slave and Xscape to be singles, and DYKWYCR … and Chicago too.

Hope the album will get strong and long promotion!!!

I want the album to be rewarded with 9 Grammy Awards:big_boss::fortuneteller:

Annita;3981104 said:
This ist what Vogel said:

Joe Vogel ‏@JoeVogel1 ·31. März
@onir_mj @damienshields The single will surprise people, but IMO is a great choice. Tracklist hasn't been announced yet so I can't say

That is LNFSG in my opinion.

Slave, Xscape and Chicago would not surprise anyone.
LNFSG would surprised everyone if Paul Anka didn't talk about it in the tabloids.

If it's not LNFSG (and I think Joe think it is) that leaves us with APWNN, DYKWYCA, BG and unknown track.
Hot Fun could not be because Joe didn't even know that the song will be released.

I think that all albums should come with a free puppy

The real question is....when will we hear the first single.

and after a few listens, LNFSG isn't bad. Hopefully the added production reallys brings the track to life.

Back