Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

The real question is....when will we hear the first single.

and after a few listens, LNFSG isn't bad. Hopefully the added production reallys brings the track to life.

As soon as they release it.

What did Joe Vogel say? He said that it will surprise us (meaning it's not the best song - Slave or Chicago), so it's LNFSG. Or I missed something new?

He said it's a song nobody has heard which would rule out LNFSG. If his information is still up to date.

He said it's a song nobody has heard which would rule out LNFSG. If his information is still up to date.

Didn't he say that of the unknown 8th track? Or both?

I think that all albums should come with a free puppy

Or the dog from fraggle Rock.

4259706475_b3344da8af.jpg

A freee fraggle. :victory:

It's really good to see the journalists have mostly positive things to say about the album, kinda surprised me actually.

He didn't say that. He said that the 8th track is unheard, not the 1st single.

He didn't say that. He said that the 8th track is unheard, not the 1st single.

Maybe the 8th track is an empty track. This would explain why it is unheard.

LNFSG is a great song, in fact I'd say its better than STTR at least.

LNFSG is a great song, in fact I'd say its better than STTR at least.

Are you talking about the demo or have you heard the reworked version?

I just need a single soon! Really, really excited for this album. Hopefully the reviews all come back positive from the US hearing party.

Sometimes some reworked/alternative versions sound better than what we get on the album. Of course, what sounds better or less good is subjective. But I can't stop thinking of the alternative/remix version of "You Are Not Alone" (R. Kelly Remix). To me it sounds better than the album version on History.

So, I am not really worried about the reworked versions of Xscape. Let's trust them. And the positive thing anyway is that the DELUXE version will contain the original recordings, which indicates that they are trying to please everyone (which doesn't seem to be an easy task when I see negativity from some fans).

Here's the R.Kelly Remix of You Are Not Alone that I fnd better than what we have on the album. What do you think guys?

would you please explain what "Bumper Snippet" and "Bumper Snippet (Kid)" are?

BUMPER SNIPPET;3981122 said:

Here in Croatia one rock band called "Let 3" released the album "Nečuveno". And all the tracks were empty. Some of the titles were "Mir" ("Peace") and "Tišina" ("Quiet").. It had around 10 tracks, cover and everything, song names, durations, you could skip tracks but essentially all the tracks were empty. People were furious.. The funny thing was that people were coming to the record stores replacing the CDs because they were complaining that their CD was damaged.. and they would replace the CD without telling them that the CD is like that. It was funny.

In the late 80s or early 90s I read that Michael Jackson had some unreleased tracks, among which Bumper Snippet. I liked the title. I found it funny and was curious to hear it. Unfortunately later on two snippets have been leaked: "Bumper Snipper" and "Bumper Snippet (kid)". In this second snippet you can hear a kid (as opposed to the first snippet), that's why it's called "kid". I said they leaked unfortunately because I was disappointed with the fact that it was only a snippet and not a whole song.

However, I still hope that there might be the whole song recorded somewhere among MJ's lost stuff.

OnirMJ;3981130 said:
Here in Croatia one rock band called "Let 3" released the album "Nečuveno". And all the tracks were empty. Some of the titles were "Mir" ("Peace") and "Tišina" ("Quiet").. It had around 10 tracks, cover and everything, song names, durations, you could skip tracks but essentially all the tracks were empty. People were furious.. The funny thing was that people were coming to the record stores replacing the CDs because they were complaining that their CD was damaged.. and they would replace the CD without telling them that the CD is like that. It was funny.

Hahahahaha LMAO!!! Jos su ludji od mene :)

Its a demo or composition either made by MJ or just features MJ in it, it should be on youtube Michael Jackson - Bumper Snippet

Announce the single already (officially).

Forget Paul Anka. It's a Michael Jackson song. Michael was at least as involved in it's creation as Anka as they co-wrote the song together. And you won't hear Anka on the song because he doesn't sing on it. Heck, they may not even leave his piano on the track. And yeah, Anka may be a dick, but look what Quincy Jones has turned into. Are we going to stop listening to Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad just because he was involved in the making of those albums?

I love Hold My Hand even though Akon has gone to my shitty list, but that doesn't stop me listening the song, and Anka's participation (hopefully kept in minimum:)) to this song won't bother me that much that I won't listen to it.

Guys, LNFSG has so much potential. I just heard it and was so surprised everybody was so worked up about it. If they just add a better instrumental, it'd be amazing, and really catchy.

I personally think it does have radio potential :chillin:

Seems like only 1 single will be released prior to the album release.

Sad really. - I had hoped for at least 2 before and 2 after. - BUT 1 before and 3 after are also OK. - Though 5 or more singles are even better!! :lol:

Here's the 8th track:

There is no reviews from yesterdays listening party?
We got reviews from UK, France and Germany straight away but nothing from US!
What time is it in US? Maybe they are still sleeping:scratch:

There is no reviews from yesterdays listening party?
We got reviews from UK, France and Germany straight away but nothing from US!
What time is it in US? Maybe they are still sleeping:scratch:

There isn`t a review in Germany eihter only the view tweets from Kerschberger (same in the USA) and there she tweeted journalists are only allowed to make review in the near of the album-release

There isn`t a review in Germany eihter only the view tweets from Kerschberger (same in the USA) and there she tweeted journalists are only allowed to make review in the near of the album-release

Ok, thanks Annita.
Wonder why UK media was allowed to write about it, and French wrote not so glowing reviews too?

Here is the tweet, but maybe she refers to relation of the tracklist. Not sure.
But anyway she wrote she will make a article. We will see how long she needs.

Tweet einbetten Tatjana Kerschbaumer ‏@das_Janchen ·13 Min.
Sony gibt noch keine Titelliste an Journalisten raus; hören durfte man, schreiben erst kurz vor Release. Alles top secret und so #Xscape

I'm going to assume most of you guys never listened to a lick of top 40 radio over the last 2 years?

Because 'Love Never Felt So Good' seems like an excellent choice. Look at the number one single in America right now, hell, look at the number 2 single in America. http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100.

Pharrell's 'Happy'. Strong melody, retro vibe. Its what people love at the moment. Best music trend in years. John Legend's 'All of Me' is a sultry piano ballad. Sony studied those charts and the current vibes people are leaning towards. Michael will fit right in.

the mysterious track #3 - a never-before-heard mid-tempo 80s recorded love song

could it one of these:

• Bad Girl
  • Get Around
  • Heartlight
  • I Forgive You
  • Lonely Bird / Lonely Man
  • Lucy Is In Love With Linus
  • Stop Throwin' Your Life Away
  • Turning Me Off
  • What You Do To Me
  • Who's The Girl With Her Hair Down
  • XXX [not what y'all might think, the tripple X is just a placeholder for anything else]

What would you choose if you could decide?

PS:
@BUMPER SNIPPET:
For the case you might insist: No, MJ did not wrote any song titled "LADYBIRD"

Last edited:
Back