Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

If the wait will result in a quality masterpiece album I am all happy!

I just hope this album will be well produced, have more than 10 songs - and at least 6 ALL new songs that has never leaked or anything!

If the quality of the music is good the album will do well. The best promotion tool is a perfect album with great songs!

While I can't stand waiting because I want to hear new MJ music and see MJ have radio success again for the first time in a long time... I have to remember to be understanding to the fact we want a quality album, we want it done right, that takes some extra time. I also put into consideration I want it released at a smart time, Fall really is a good time for new music to come out, gives a good portion of the year for people to fall for the music, and not too early in the year for people to forget about it by Grammy nomination time. Also, I never forget that I should be thankful to get ANY music at any time considering Michael is not here to make music..

I really want the younger generation to appreciate Michaels music and if this album is done right it WILL happen. the younger generation at large could only appreciate MJ music from the 70s,80s,90s, and even early 00's so much, those who were born in the late 90's and 00's have a different ear than we do.. Many people don't have the same patience and deeper understanding of rhythm as people used to, in a generation of A.D.D., faster paced movies, music that has to be techy and jumpy to grab attention - people don't appreciate the simple things as much..

so yes some of MJ's music to get radio success will need to be worked on most likely!! I know, I know - I want to hear original, which maybe we will hear them all in due time.

The way I see it, the estate really CAN'T go wrong with this album. Even if you hate the reproduced versions, they gave you the original versions to listen to.

The way I see it, the estate really CAN'T go wrong with this album. Even if you hate the reproduced versions, they gave you the original versions to listen to.

We do not know if we will get both new versions and the versions as MJ left them. - That's only speculating and hoping I guess..

@Hess it's the latest piece of info we have so you can't say anything for sure at this point, until then I agree with Alwaysthere. I just hope 60%+ of the Song's aren't leaked otherwise that'd be attrocious.

Fans want songs they never heard before, never leaked..
One way is to never listen to leaks.

^ Kinda hard to do for years, when they are just a few clicks away

Well if IAAL and APWNN didn't leak you wouldn't have much to complain about.

Are you talking to me? There are more songs than just IAAL and APWNN that has leaked and not been released after MJ died.

I get the feeling that the album will be released in June. With the 5th anniversary of losing MJ coming up this coming year, I could very well see them releasing it the week of, or the week prior to the anniversary date.

Hopefully at least no less then 12 tracks on the album. We pretty much know Blue Gangsta & A Place Without No Name are on there, someone mentioned Chicago was going to be on there too. That's at least 3. I'd love to see Slave on there (minus Bieber boy), Do You Know Where Your Children Are would be great too. There's 5. Maybe go with 6 or 7 unheard tracks (counting Chicago) to go with the ones we know about and have heard.

do you know where your children are was recorded in 1990 & Slave to the rhythm the year before, it'd be weird gettin old Song's tbh when they can be featured on D25..

^ ^ I disagree Zakk. There is nothing weird about using those songs on this album. You were raving about STTR wanting it released on the Album awhile back. They only have so much material to work with. If it wasn't on the album many would complain as well. Either way its a good song and should be no complaint that it doesn't fit if it is released. Its not like they can create new songs to be cohesive, they have to work with what they already have. Im sure those who are producing will do their best The theme if it is true (yesterday, today and forever) covers all yrs and eras.

Those who say they 'don't want leaked songs is also placing an unnecessary restraint or burden or on the powers that be. If fans don't want leaked songs stop leaking and listening to them. LOL - Plus the Album is for the "whole world" not just me or you personally. The mass majority have never even heard of those songs, So they will be great for Michael's legacy to be released and heard. The Album certainly isn't going to be anyone's personal playlist but I'm sure we each will have our personal favorites.

I'm not. I'm happy to wait a number of months if it means the finished product is even greater :)

Besides, I'm not even THAT excited for the album yet. Once they announce the album and things start rolling into place, then I'll start getting excited... until then I'm happy to wait :D
Wish I could be as patient as you, but I can't help but admit I really really want it what with the leak of APWNN and IAAL and Escape and Another Day (the looped original demo) now put together as an unofficial album on my iPod called Invincible Sessions...

I'm still hoping that DYKWYCA doesn't surface on this album.

How come? My only issue with that song is the name to be honest. "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" will just draw stupid malicious comments from tabloids and other idiots (The Lost Children got similar attention from a few critics). They should rename it to "Do You Know (12 O'Clock)" or something.

^ ^ I disagree Zakk. There is nothing weird about using those songs on this album. You were raving about STTR wanting it released on the Album awhile back. They only have so much material to work with. If it wasn't on the album many would complain as well. Either way its a good song and should be no complaint that it doesn't fit if it is released. Its not like they can create new songs to be cohesive, they have to work with what they already have. Im sure those who are producing will do their best The theme if it is true (yesterday, today and forever) covers all yrs and eras.

Those who say they 'don't want leaked songs is also placing an unnecessary restraint or burden or on the powers that be. If fans don't want leaked songs stop leaking and listening to them. LOL - Plus the Album is for the "whole world" not just me or you personally. The mass majority have never even heard of those songs, So they will be great for Michael's legacy to be released and heard. The Album certainly isn't going to be anyone's personal playlist but I'm sure we each will have our personal favorites.

whilst I respect your opinion on this new album to be coming soon I can not help but disagree with you, I've always felt, being called a new album it should have as many later Song's as possible (earliest being from 1994) but most of the time I would hope for Song's from 1998 to 2009! most of the other Song's would have more than likely been considered for anniversary releases anyway as they're so close to Michael's earlier studio albums. I personally think there is most definitely enough material from 1998-2009 to fill upset least another album after this one is showcased, maybe even two more! it has already been said that Michael over recorded for all of his albums and invincible was no different! his later voice gives us an insight into what his future records would have sounded like if he was still here! the similarity between his vocals on invincible and on hold my hand/best of joy is almost exactly the same! but compare that to Song's such as Love Never Fet So Good for example, he was still growing then! fair enough in 1989/90' being 32 his voice matured a lot but there is still a huge difference especially comparing Gone too soon with Don't walk away! all I'm saying is, the songs from Got to be there up to Dangerous should be left for anniversary releases. and the rest of the Song's from the invincible to the 2008-9' sessions should be on new albums. and to my petition for STTR It was originally intended to block the release of the Bieber duet . although I changed the title to release the 1989 demo to release the stand alone demo recording on iTunes as a release to give us something to listen to and adore along with the BAD25 documentary for 2013. but that time has gone now and I think the demo should be on Dangerous25. There's my thought's :) back to the new album, I NEED AN ANNOUNCEMENT :D :wild: haha

:agree: I simply could not agree more!! :agree:

Just because a few die hard fans have heard the songs the rest of the world should not miss out of these amazing songs!!

Blue Gangsta, A Place With No Name, Slave To The Rhythm, Escape and Do You Know Where You're Children Are are GREAT songs!! - I really hope they get released for the entire world to enjoy!!

Best way to keep MJ Legacy alive is to keep releasing the best songs he ever made!!!

whilst I respect your opinion on this new album to be coming soon I can not help but disagree with you, I've always felt, being called a new album it should have as many later Song's as possible (earliest being from 1994) but most of the time I would hope for Song's from 1998 to 2009! most of the other Song's would have more than likely been considered for anniversary releases anyway as they're so close to Michael's earlier studio albums. I personally think there is most definitely enough material from 1998-2009 to fill upset least another album after this one is showcased, maybe even two more! it has already been said that Michael over recorded for all of his albums and invincible was no different! his later voice gives us an insight into what his future records would have sounded like if he was still here! the similarity between his vocals on invincible and on hold my hand/best of joy is almost exactly the same! but compare that to Song's such as Love Never Fet So Good for example, he was still growing then! fair enough in 1989/90' being 32 his voice matured a lot but there is still a huge difference especially comparing Gone too soon with Don't walk away! all I'm saying is, the songs from Got to be there up to Dangerous should be left for anniversary releases. and the rest of the Song's from the invincible to the 2008-9' sessions should be on new albums. and to my petition for STTR It was originally intended to block the release of the Bieber duet . although I changed the title to release the 1989 demo to release the stand alone demo recording on iTunes as a release to give us something to listen to and adore along with the BAD25 documentary for 2013. but that time has gone now and I think the demo should be on Dangerous25. There's my thought's :) back to the new album, I NEED AN ANNOUNCEMENT :D :wild: haha

All this with saving songs for anniversary releases is not a good idea IMO. - Only weak songs should be put on anniversary releases. - If the Estate finds a great song it needs to be released on a new album. - Most people don't care about anniversary releases, these are mostly done for fans. - So if songs are released on anniversary albums the new songs on them will never really get out to the masses!

Great songs needs to be released on all new albums to get maximum attention!! Just my opinion. - The more people that hear MJ's great songs the better! (And anniversary albums do not do that!)

That something that could be released on Dangerous 25. If there ever will be a Dangerous 25 that is

Zakk I hope you don't mind me shimming in this one, while we agree often - and I can understand why you'd want more later songs on a NEW album which in retrospect I would love so very much. But we do have to consider a couple things..

* If we want to continue getting those 'later' songs we need to spread them out, lets say there are 15 newer songs, and 12 of them make an album, the next will only have 3 and we are done with his later work.. Also I know you are interested in radio success with the album and for that they need to think of quality over timeline of recordings.

In an Ideal situation I would want only NEW music and later get compilations with unreleased material, but sadly Michael is not here to continue making new music, and I would like to continue getting his later work for years and years to come if possible.

So emotionally I am with you, but logically my 'future planning' side says we have to spread them out

Zakk I hope you don't mind me shimming in this one, while we agree often - and I can understand why you'd want more later songs on a NEW album which in retrospect I would love so very much. But we do have to consider a couple things..

* If we want to continue getting those 'later' songs we need to spread them out, lets say there are 15 newer songs, and 12 of them make an album, the next will only have 3 and we are done with his later work.. Also I know you are interested in radio success with the album and for that they need to think of quality over timeline of recordings.

In an Ideal situation I would want only NEW music and later get compilations with unreleased material, but sadly Michael is not here to continue making new music, and I would like to continue getting his later work for years and years to come if possible.

So emotionally I am with you, but logically my 'future planning' side says we have to spread them out

that's fair enough, i just don't want them to use song's that sound he has a completely different voice cos' that'd be just like doing an off the wall era new album with j5 song's included if you get what i mean? ballads have shown his voice has changed a lot, as has his vibrato! if they choose do you know & slave to, i wouldn't mind all that much due to them being michael's aggressive vocals, which he had until the end :)

I know exactly what you mean, and I think you and I want the same thing, the only issue with that is we kind of don't have a choice if we want newer music to keep coming out later.. Can you imagine if we got all the new stuff now and were stuck with only older music for the future? I wouldn't like that either.. Well any MJ music would be nice, but I would much prefer to keep getting new stuff.

Just give me brand new Michael Jackson music come 2014 and I'm a happy man.

How come? My only issue with that song is the name to be honest. "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" will just draw stupid malicious comments from tabloids and other idiots (The Lost Children got similar attention from a few critics). They should rename it to "Do You Know (12 O'Clock)" or something.

Just the subject matter of it. Like you said, just the name will draw comments from the tabloids. What if they hear Michael sing of sexually abusing a child? That will be like pouring gasoline on fire. And I know many fans will say, "Screw the tabloids!" But why give them another thing to talk about? Keep the song in the vault and release it when it's necessary.

Just the subject matter of it. Like you said, just the name will draw comments from the tabloids. What if they hear Michael sing of sexually abusing a child? That will be like pouring gasoline on fire. And I know many fans will say, "Screw the tabloids!" But why give them another thing to talk about? Keep the song in the vault and release it when it's necessary.

Oh yeah I definitely see where you're coming from (hence why I said it should be renamed). Although I do think by the time Michael mentions that the girl has been sexually abused, it's quite late in the song and anyone with half a brain would realise what would he's singing about... but you're right of it's potential to add fuel to the fire... might be why Michael kept it in the vault while he was alive despite it being a really good song.

...I don't know I'm on the fence about that. I think if there was going to be attention paid, it would be on the name of the song as millions of people will see the tracklist, but less will actually listen to the song up to the part where Michael says "while sexually abusing her!" or whatever (and as I said, by then they should understand the subject of the song). They could always cut that line out if they were REALLY worried, or replace it with an alternative line if Michael recorded any.

do you know where your children are was recorded in 1990 & Slave to the rhythm the year before, it'd be weird gettin old Song's tbh when they can be featured on D25..

There's no guarentee that a Dangerous 25 will be released (I would crap my pants if it was released though. :D). But back on topic, Both Slave & Do You Know both sound great, and I think would fit in well with A Place Without No Name and Blue Gangsta. I'd release both Gangsta and Slave for radio airplay and get them played in the dance clubs. I think both songs would be hot.

Really hope that we get at least 12 songs. 5-6 leaked which are already known by the hardcore fans, 4-5 tracks which we know that they exist and 1-2 songs we never heard anything. And it would be great when we get 2 demos as bonustracks. Especially Hollywood tonight and the Escape demo. The 5 second snippet from Escape makes me noisy for more. It sounded so dark and much more powerful.

No no no no. Michael Jackson never harmed a child. The song isn't him proclaiming his love for abusing a child, nor is it him mocking parents for Neverland being some 'crazy locked away' place. The song is very hard hitting to some and I believe it would open a few eyes. Michael's music shouldn't be ignored because of some legally false accusations.

No no no no. Michael Jackson never harmed a child. The song isn't him proclaiming his love for abusing a child, nor is it him mocking parents for Neverland being some 'crazy locked away' place. The song is very hard hitting to some and I believe it would open a few eyes. Michael's music shouldn't be ignored because of some legally false accusations.

The trouble is it will only take ONE journalist to twist the nature of the song, even if they change the title, and the whole world will be reading headlines about MJ writing a song about paedophilia. Better to edit out those lyrics and rename it, or never release it at all.

The trouble is it will only take ONE journalist to twist the nature of the song, even if they change the title, and the whole world will be reading headlines about MJ writing a song about paedophilia. Better to edit out those lyrics and rename it, or never release it at all.

Exactly, this is our concern. I think renaming the song would be enough to be honest but as I've said before I can see why some of you would want some lyrics altered/removed.

Back