Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

^ I don't mind the tracklist (I want 12-13 songs though) but neither the album title or album cover is right for me

^ I don't mind the tracklist (I want 12-13 songs though) but neither the album title or album cover is right for me

fair enough, what would you choose as the title or the album cover? i'm curious.. i just wrote those song's as they would show off Michael's art imo

I've posted the ones I like earlier in the thread, mainly from the l'uomo vogue shoot which I think is a absolute MUST: It will flow nice with the photoshoot documentary also that is coming in the new year.

Title, I am still unsure, really hard

Well, Brian byrd the Studio Manager of Thomas Crown Studio (guess who) became an admin on Timbaland Thursdays website adn reposted the video of Timbaland talking about MJ, then he commented on that post saying: " here are my 2 cents, i heard these tracks nad they are amazing" I tried to ask him on twitter but he seem not log in a lot....

Also, i didn't read the previous pages, so did anyone mention Michael Bearden and Orianthi "back to stage togther" together??!! It may be Gaga related " the new lady gag world tour" but let's give it a shot :D

opens the windows of opportunity very much, very smart idea that would be for them indeed huh! i would love that and it'd be a great way to celebrate Michael as an artist also, using his greatest unreleased song's that are left in the archive. damn what a release this is gonna be :wild:

My Wishlist:

'MICHAEL JACKSON: THEN, NOW & FOREVER'

Tracklisting:
1. A Place With No Name
2. Don't Make Me Stay
3. Chicago
4. I Was The Loser
5. She Was Lovin' Me
6. Blue Gangsta
7. Silent Spring
8. D.I.E
9. Be Me 4 A Day
10. Days In Gloucestershire
11. Bonus Track: What More Can I Give (Solo Demo)

Album Cover:
WhatMoreCanIGive.jpg

Okay again, I would just like to point out that we cannot make our ideal track listing at this point in time. Let's keep in mind that we don't know how many of the songs you've included are complete enough to be released, much less exist in any recorded state. Be Me 4 a Day could easily be a song from another artist that samples one of Michael's compositions. We don't know. Making any kind of track listing at this point is setting yourself up for disappointment when the real one is announced.

opens the windows of opportunity very much, very smart idea that would be for them indeed huh! i would love that and it'd be a great way to celebrate Michael as an artist also, using his greatest unreleased song's that are left in the archive. damn what a release this is gonna be :wild:

My Wishlist:

Tracklisting:
1. A Place With No Name
2. Don't Make Me Stay
3. Chicago
4. I Was The Loser
5. She Was Lovin' Me
6. Blue Gangsta
7. Silent Spring
8. D.I.E
9. Be Me 4 A Day

Album Cover:
WhatMoreCanIGive.jpg

My wish list.

Tracklisting:
Chicago
2. A totally unknown song we have never heard of
3. Don't Make Me Stay
4. Slave To The Rhytm
Days In Gloucestershire
6. I Was The Loser
7. She Was Lovin' Me
8. We've Had Enough
9. Blue Gangsta
10. Silent Spring
11. D.I.E
12. Be Me 4 A Day
A Place With No Name
14. Escape

( 15. Bonus Track: What More Can I Give (Solo Demo) )

6 songs hard core fans have heard in some kind of version. 8 ALL new songs we have never heard of!! - and the maybe WMCIG solo version as a bonus on a 2 disc special fan edition where disc 2 contains the untouched songs!

14 songs at least on the normal version IMO!! - Michael had only 10 songs - that was waay to few IMO.

Escape just seems to be a perfect song to close the album! - Would be great. - And even though I know many fans do not like the idea I would LOVE the album to be called - Michael Jackson - Escape! It-s a one word title and it just seems perfect IMO!

My wish list.

Tracklisting:
Chicago
2. A totally unknown song we have never heard of
3. Don't Make Me Stay
4. Slave To The Rhytm
Days In Gloucestershire
6. I Was The Loser
7. She Was Lovin' Me
8. We've Had Enough
9. Blue Gangsta
10. Silent Spring
11. D.I.E
12. Be Me 4 A Day
A Place With No Name
14. Escape

( 15. Bonus Track: What More Can I Give (Solo Demo) )

6 songs hard core fans have heard in some kind of version. 8 ALL new songs we have never heard of!! - and the maybe WMCIG solo version as a bonus on a 2 disc special fan edition where disc 2 contains the untouched songs!

14 songs at least on the normal version IMO!! - Michael had only 10 songs - that was waay to few IMO.

Escape just seems to be a perfect song to close the album! - Would be great. - And even though I know many fans do not like the idea I would LOVE the album to be called - Michael Jackson - Escape! It-s a one word title and it just seems perfect IMO!

Like this. I just prayer that a new album is on the way.

Love this cover.

WhatMoreCanIGive.jpg

Last edited:

If for example they would say the album will be released in spring, this usually means END OF SPRING *just saying*

I think the proposed cover (wmcig) is a quite good picture, but as a cover it somehow gives a "bootleg"-feel to it imo. It doesn't look "official" enough. I think they should go for an unknown recent photo, vogue shooting and the few others that were mentioned a while back, or an artistic artwork.

If I had to put together a track listing, it would be something like this:

1. Escape
4. She Was Lovin' Me
5. A Place With No Name
6. Slave to the Rhythm
10. I Was the Loser
11. Blue Gangsta

The estate should throw in a previously unheard song as a hidden track -- preferably a gorgeous ballad in the vein of Much Too Soon or Speechless.

With this track listing, five songs we've already heard + six we haven't (seven with the previously mentioned bonus track). All the blank spaces represent songs that have not leaked, and quite possibly songs that we've never heard of. It's better to do that rather than take a shot on titles that may not even exist in full form.

If I had to put together a track listing, it would be something like this:

1. Escape
4. She Was Lovin' Me
5. A Place With No Name
6. Slave to the Rhythm
10. I Was the Loser
11. Blue Gangsta

The estate should throw in a previously unheard song as a hidden track -- preferably a gorgeous ballad in the vein of Much Too Soon or Speechless.

With this track listing, five songs we've already heard + six we haven't (seven with the previously mentioned bonus track). All the blank spaces represent songs that have not leaked, and quite possibly songs that we've never heard of. It's better to do that rather than take a shot on titles that may not even exist in full form.

I agree will all except... Hopefully I was the loser will be much further along than I am a loser. Not a fan of the song. No feel
In it, I would say it was in the very early stages. I would prefer a different song. JMO

My Wishlist:

Tracklisting:
1. A Place With No Name
2. Don't Make Me Stay
3. Chicago
4. I Was The Loser
5. She Was Lovin' Me
6. Blue Gangsta
7. Silent Spring
8. D.I.E
9. Be Me 4 A Day

Album Cover:
WhatMoreCanIGive.jpg

Zakk, you're killing me! I would love for that picture to be the album cover! And the track list:

29qbash.jpg

I really would be happy if that was it, and if they included Xscape? It'd be even better! :heart:

Zakk, you're killing me! I would love for that picture to be the album cover! And the track list:

29qbash.jpg

I really would be happy if that was it, and if they included Xscape? It'd be even better! :heart:

would be wonderful huh, i'm not losing my hopes about those song's being featured, they're mentioned in various lists. would be fantastic if they are included, and i agree! Escape needs to be in there but i didn't wanna over crowd it with too many familiar titles :)

amazing to see this :)

Last edited:

On album..I want..hmm.."Soldier Boy"

i dont want a release in june 2014...
a release on his 5th anniversary would be bizarre, cause i couldnt be happy about a new album on such a day.

I think the WMCIG pictures is a a bit odd, it looks photoshopped, it's just an odd angle, his face looks very long

I've said it before, I'll say it again - give us Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me and I'm a happy man.

i dont want a release in june 2014...
a release on his 5th anniversary would be bizarre, cause i couldnt be happy about a new album on such a day.

Yep i feel the same way

My Wishlist:

Tracklisting:
1. A Place With No Name
2. Don't Make Me Stay
3. Chicago
4. I Was The Loser
5. She Was Lovin' Me
6. Blue Gangsta
7. Silent Spring
8. D.I.E
9. Be Me 4 A Day

Album Cover:
WhatMoreCanIGive.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i really dont think some of those songs are mjs, i dont know the title names just domnt sound like him if u know what i mean

I wouldn't want a photo of MJ in the studio to be on the front cover as the album artwork. It just feels... really amateurish (for some reason).

I wouldn't want a photo of MJ in the studio to be on the front cover as the album artwork. It just feels... really amateurish (for some reason).

I agree. Maybe for a compilation album, but not new material.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i really dont think some of those songs are mjs, i dont know the title names just domnt sound like him if u know what i mean

They are all registered by the estate i believe, we don't know how complete each song is but they are all at least conceptions.

To begin, I would like to offer my opinion that the reason the estate is often considered to be doing so terribly is because expectations are much, much too high. It isn't wrong to expect greatness from the estate, but it is wrong to expect perfection. The estate releases reproduced songs, fans get angry and say Michael wouldn't have wanted them presented in such a manner. The estate plans to release untouched songs, fans get angry and say Michael wouldn't have released his unfinished recordings to the world. (And yes, I've actually read comments that have said that.) We cannot forget that (a) the estate isn't in possession of everything we want, and in which case they need to spread out their releases as much as humanly possible so the vault doesn't dry up; and (b) Michael is dead. We aren't dealing with him right now. With that in mind, we cannot expect each release to follow Michael's creative vision 100%. We can hope that it gets as close as humanly possible, but if you review each release from now until the end of time, there will be aspects that fans will feel wouldn't have appeared if Michael had spearheaded the project.
Although a minority of the fanbase might expect perfection, I think most of us are well aware that it is simply not possible for any of the posthumous releases to match up to the work Michael produced when he was alive. With that being said, as you say, we do have the right to expect quality output. When we then get a release like 'Michael', is it really surprising that fans become critical?

Yes, Michael did have a proven track record, which is why one would believe that his next album would indeed be impressive. But the estate does too. This Is It, Vision, Bad 25, the Cirque du Soleil agreements/soundtrack... these are all good projects. Not amazing, but very good. And yes, complaints can be made about all of these, but most of them are nitpicking and barely reflect the quality of the project itself.
Well, you and I have exchanged views about this in the Great Debate thread before. We simply disagree about the quality of (some of) the projects you mention. I think a lot of the criticism of these projects is very valid and it surprises me that you dismiss it as nitpicking. Of course none of these projects are nearly as problematic as the 'Michael' album, anything half-decent looks great next to that. But when I judge a project like Bad 25 on its own merits and in the bigger picture of posthumous releases from other artists, and not simply by contrasting it with the 'Michael' album, there is no way that I can conclude that it is 'very good'.

That does not mean I did not enjoy it. Nor did I spent my time here on the forum complaining about the release. I think it is okay and perfectly possible to enjoy the good of a release and still be critical of the lesser aspects at the same time.

Being that Michael is the ONLY studio album released by the estate I will acknowledge that it can be worrisome. But being that there have been several other impressive projects that have dropped since then, it isn't fair that we bash them repeatedly. They CAN do good.
And that was my whole point. My original post was simply in response to people here saying that the 'Michael' album was irrelevant to the discussion. As you say, however, it is the only studio album they have released and it therefore only makes sense that people take it into account when forming expectations about the upcoming album.

Yes, giving criticism where it is due is always necessary. But so is giving credit. I see people consistently slamming Bad 25 because they are simply unhappy with the number of tracks included + the Wembley concert (which all connect to my [a] and posts in the first paragraph) without giving ANY credit. That isn't right. When you screw up, you deserve criticism, but they also deserve a pat on the back for what they did right. Sure, Bad 25 wasn't perfect. But we got six unbelievable songs, a great quality live CD and a phenomenal live DVD of what many feel is Michael's BEST performance, not counting the great packaging. But some fans will do all but acknowledge that, only deciding to focus on what the package DIDN'T give us.

Well, I personally also decided to focus on what I did like about Bad 25 at the time of its release. However, it did not bother me that others were criticizing it. I read some of it with interest, and stayed away from most of it.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I think all of us, and that includes myself, just need to remember that this is a discussion board and that we are going to disagree with each other about things. Sure, it can be annoying at times when someone has an opinion that we could not disagree more with. But we all have the right to express our views (as long as they do not violate board rules of course). That includes challenging the opinion that annoys us, but not challenging the other's right to express that opinion. And I feel that that is the territory we are getting into when you start saying that fans SHOULD give credit.

Which relates to:
To summarize, yell at the estate when you need to, but when they do something right, give them credit. I'm not directing this at ALL fans; many of us do applaud them when necessary. But some don't, and it's those people that start conversations like this.
I disagree with your last sentence. I think it is generally people who get annoyed by other people's opinions who start these kinds of conversations.

They are all registered by the estate i believe, we don't know how complete each song is but they are all at least conceptions.

I know but but i dont know guess we have to wait n see

so...over...waiting...

so...over...waiting...

I'm not. I'm happy to wait a number of months if it means the finished product is even greater :)

Besides, I'm not even THAT excited for the album yet. Once they announce the album and things start rolling into place, then I'll start getting excited... until then I'm happy to wait :D

I'm not. I'm happy to wait a number of months if it means the finished product is even greater :)

Besides, I'm not even THAT excited for the album yet. Once they announce the album and things start rolling into place, then I'll start getting excited... until then I'm happy to wait :D

EXACTLY. Im happy to know the estate and all involved are taking their time with this. They have clearly learnt their lesson after the response to 'Michael'

Back