Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Got the hots has been released three times, also i think Nite Line is the best unreleased thriller era song.
Hot Street imo!

If they release Niteline and Trouble, they should do it with a Victory Tour Blu Ray project!

I don't care for Got the Hots much. The time signature is very odd and it's hard for me to properly keep on beat. Nite Line, Hot Street and She's Trouble are all great songs.

The interviews look amazing, very professional and with style and class. Tim & Rodney are great!

Xscape sounds interesting. They speed it up a little bit.

Listening to LNFSG with my dad right now, he loves the song!

[youtube]PbmhWFCjG6M[/youtube]

Yes my guess is also that the snippet from the first teaser is from the intro.
Yep. The earlier promo made me expect a sparser and darker arrangement (with all those sampled grunts). Will be interesting to see what Jerkins turned it into.

I don't care for Got the Hots much. The time signature is very odd and it's hard for me to properly keep on beat.
That's one thing I like about it, though it does make it a bit less accessible upon first listen. I think the verses are good, but the chorus is where it really shines. Great great harmonies, catchy hook. Still prefer Hot Street though, Temperton at his finest. "Some young lovers, are laughing loud... And there's some, some owwld suckassss, tryna get down" :)

Hope they will show studio footage in the documentary

Hi there,
I am reading this topic and forum since few years, but now I decided to create an account finally, because I want to say how happy I am right now. :D
I love both versions of Love Never Felt So Good and I can't wait for the full album :)
I think We can truly say that the king is back and entire world now will appreciate Michael Jackson again, because since the trial world forgot about him, and in 2010 album "Michael" was weak, now Xscape is pretending to be proper album for the king and it will shine across the world as it should be. :)

That new mix of Xscape sounds freaking incredible. It's much more energetic than the demo. I can't say that I like it better though... gotta wait for the full cut.

My maaan did you hear thaat! I was skeptical about Escape, but man that mix sounds so increeediblee!

Cheers man, great times ahead!

The documentary looks great, in addition i admire the new production mix of Xscape by Rodney Jerkins! sounds fantastic. I hope we do get to see some of the studio footage at some point in the future.

My maaan did you hear thaat! I was skeptical about Escape, but man that mix sounds so increeediblee!

Cheers man, great times ahead!

Seriously man! I'm impressed! The first snippet made it sound a bit standard, but I was dancing in my seat hearing this new one! I can't believe this is happening... I know many people have said it, and it may sound a bit tedious, but I have to...

THE KING OF POP IS BACK ON HIS THRONE. (Not that he ever left ;))

If there is studio footage, though, part of me doubts it will be of the songs included on Xscape. If anything, it'll be old ones used to show how Michael worked in the studio. (Though I keep forgetting that Rodney has Invincible footage, so maybe Xscape is in there.)

Official Love Never Felt So Good TV Commercial

Itunes Single Charts Germany #27

Now lets discuss Xscape. @MJchris did you hear that new snippet posted? What are your thoughts about that one? :)

Xscape is the perfect celebration for Michael's art.. here's to the future!

The publicity campaign for the album is huge! Where to look I see 'Xscape'!
Fantastic!

Yep. The earlier promo made me expect a sparser and darker arrangement (with all those sampled grunts). Will be interesting to see what Jerkins turned it into.

Are we sure it's the album version played at the start of that video?

The first snippet of Xscape sounded bland, but this preview from the documentary blew me away. Seriously, incredible.

Not sure if anyone noticed yet, but the titles are up on iTunes (sorry, too lazy to check earlier pages)

Everywhere I turn, no matter where I look
Promotion's in control, it's all ran by the book!

that new snippet of Xscape sounds dope.

GIVE ME THAT ALBUM NAO.

Are we sure it's the album version played at the start of that video?
Must be, right? It's obviously not MJ's version and it has the exact same bass and drums as the snippet that was released earlier (which is the album version).

Must be, right? It's obviously not MJ's version and it has the exact same bass and drums as the snippet that was released earlier (which is the album version).

Makes sense, I suppose. Just wondered whether they would be cruel and change the arrangement slightly since it was only a short clip for promo.

Great to see all the love!!! I bought the solo, the duet, and even the J Mathis version on itunes. May really began on a high note!!

Great times lies ahead!!

Time to enjoy !

Back