Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

The bass on Xscape. THE BASS. :dribble:

Yeah Heard it too..The DYKWCA does not seem promising of what I Have Heard

These can't be the new versions. I already hate the snippets. :busted:
I couldn't trust the estate any more if they would release such stupid production.

... please just tell me its not true. was expecting so much from BG and DYKWYCA

Last edited:

Yeah Heard it too..The DYKWCA does not seem promising of what I Have Heard

Man cant they use a guitar in 2014 instead of the silly computer sound...........

Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

The Estate of Michael Jackson created the spot, which will present the superstar “like you’ve never seen him before.”

Michael Jackson will create another slice of history at this year’s Billboard Music Awards.

On what already promises to be one of the year’s stand-out music events, the 2014 BBMAs raise the bar even higher with a world premiere experience featuring the late King of Pop.

The Estate of Michael Jackson created the spot, which will present the superstar “like you’ve never seen him before.”

It’s sure to be a thriller, but the finer details remains under lock-and-key.

This year's ceremony will be held Sunday, May 18 in Las Vegas. ABC will broadcast the show live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena and Yahoo will be streaming the red carpet show.

Performers on the night include Miley Cyrus, Ricky Martin, Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, 5 Seconds of Summer, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Derulo, Imagine Dragons, Luke Bryan, John Legend, OneRepublic, Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood. Presenters for the event include Jordin Sparks, Kelly Rowland, Pete Wentz and Wiz Khalifa, among others.

The BBMAs provide a high-profile launch pad for MJ’s posthumous album “Xscape,” which comes out May 13.

“Xscape” is eight tracks of Jackson vocals set to new music from Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, John McClain, J-Roc and Timbaland who is executive producer of the album. The originals they worked with were recorded from 1983 to 1999.

The first single from the album, “Love Never Felt So Good,” produced by MJ, John McClain, Giorgio Tuinfort and Paul Anka, was released last week. A duet version of “Love Never Felt So Good,” with Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake, produced by Timberlake, Timbaland and Jerome “J-Roc” Harmon, appeared soon after.

A second track, “Chicago,” hit the web earlier this week. “Chicago” is one of five tracks Timbaland oversaw on the album with his collaborator J-Roc.

For additional information on the 2014 Billboard Music Awards visit us at billboardmusicawards.com or the Billboard hub at billboard.com/bbma.

Huh? Those snippets sound awesome! I'm kinda freaking out over DYKWYCA. Love the digitization.

And those horns on Xscape? Yes, I'll take them!

Blue Gangsta is SICK!! Even if they are not official, I hope they are from the album :D

Huh? Those snippets sound awesome! I'm kinda freaking out over DYKWYCA. Love the digitization!

And those horns on Xscape. Mmmm... yes!

Seriously cannot get over that snippet of the verse in Xscape. Literally drooling.

Huh? Those snippets sound awesome! I'm kinda freaking out over DYKWYCA. Love the digitization.

And those horns on Xscape? Yes, I'll take them!

really? I am out..

These can't be the new versions. I already hate the snippets. :busted:
Wouldnt trust the estate any more if they would release such stupid production.

... please just tell me its not true. was expecting so much from BG and DYKWYCA
Too much drama..

I LOVED the beat on dykwyca verse.. absolutely loved it, xscape sounded like the strongest one.. unexpected for me, BG.. sounds interesting.

Obviously it's impossible to love every song on an ablum (especially when the artist is not around anymore)

BUT.. Candidate for album of the year. It's so good!

not again.. hopefully its not my opinion

EDIT:
this is hopefully not real
sounds like nothing

Oh no. I don't like the sound of those 3 at all I'm afraid. Just down to personal taste, but they're not the type of songs I'd listen to if it weren't MJ. Bring on the Original Versions!

really? I am out..

Hahah. I'm not joking. The new mix of DYKWYCA could very well end up being my favorite track on the album.

Hahah. I'm not joking. The new mix of DYKWYCA could very well end up being my favorite track on the album.

This one could be okay.

But BG?
I dont feel the MJ vybe any more.

There is a lot of unique mixing of trippy sounds and real instruments. If anybody likes that kind of music, they will DEFINITELY love the new productions of songs on Xscape! Personally, I listen to a lot of songs like that. And for others who haven't, this is something new! And before completely resisting and discarding it, give it a chance. They were made keeping in mind the current generation who wants something funky!
They have truly lived upto the albums's image of sounding unique and different. The sounds are something you had expect from outer space, lol.

And if you don't like them, you HAVE the demos. :)

I think people who are getting their knickers in a twist over the new productions need to remember that we are also getting the original demos ;)

they sound crappy to me

Exactly all this complaining for nothing!
Michael Jackson fans should be taught to appreciate more and not demand the impossible!
Michael is not here to produce, people!!!
If you can't enjoy let the rest of us do so!
This album is for the general public not just the hardcore fans!

I'm not going to pass judgement based on snippets.

This one could be okay.

But BG?
I dont feel the MJ vybe any more.

Oh, I actually didn't find the snippet of Blue Gangsta to be all that radically different from the leaked version. I think I was expecting it to be a bit more experimental.

It's gradually gone a bit down hill for me!

LNFSG is amazing. Chicago is epic. Loving You is perfect. Place With No Name is catchy as hell.

STTR just sounds weak and boring to me, it deserves much stronger sounds. It should be hitting you in the face with its intensity! The snippets of the other 3 sound crap to be honest, Xscape might be alright in the context of the full song...Do You Know sounds like Sonic The Hedgehog.

it has really gone downhill for me also.

Lol do you even know if the snippets are official? I mean, this close to the release, if something leaks it would be the full songs

Do You Know sounds like Sonic The Hedgehog.

LOL. This is partly why I love it so much. It tugs at my retro gaming strings.

Hopefully you guys come around when the full-length versions are released. :)

Lol do you even know if the snippets are official? I mean, this close to the release, if something leaks it would be the full songs

Some playback impressions described DYKWYCA as sounding like a video game, and this snippet certainly does.

I'm hoping the full song will perk me up.

Have to admit I was unsure of APWNN at first when I heard it, it's grown on me a lot though and I prefer to the original now! I think I just expected some more 'real' instruments rather than completely digitalized noises in some of these songs. Do You Know's chorus sounds way too chirpy, expected it to be a lot darker.

they sound crappy to me

Who else was expecting nothing less from this guy? LOL

I am waiting until I get the CD. But the comments from some posters on here are so predictable.

I'm getting excited now! LNFSG is top 20 on the BB100! With, hopefully, more to come!!

Ok, Slave To The Rhythm is the best song on the album for me (for now). Should be the second single. (5/5).

People, can you have a little patience at least and listen to the full songs before you declare the album has gone "downhill" for you and that it's "crap" and a disappointment?

DYKWYCA sounds a bit odd to me with the Gameboy sound or what it is, but I'll wait until I hear it full.

But I have a question: after Stargate on APWNN and now DYKWYCA - is it some new trend in production to add these 80s computer sounds to songs now?

Back