Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

How do you know the time till it gets on the internet ?

Epic put out a press release earlier today (well, yesterday):

On May 8 at 10:00 am ET, fans can go to michaeljackson.mtv.c om to listen to "Blue Gangsta," as well as view archival footage from interviews and iconic MTV performances including Bad, Black or White and more. Additionally, on May 9 at 10:00 am ET, the title track "Xscape" will also be available on michaeljackson.mtv.com.

Time to sleep. Can't wait to wake up to Blue Gangsta! :D

See how Ellen played the 2010 leaked version, I expected her to play Tim's one but it's so nice and genuine of her she always supports Michael in the right time though.

I like the echo of Michael's vocals at the end but, I would have like Timbaland to revisit the chain intro for the outro as well. It would have cemented the narrative that the woman remained.

Sometimes I feel like my posts are invisible... :(

They are not because I have read them.

Timbaland is by far the second best producer on the album, love the song's he produced! Loving You is still top but Michael's vocals are so clear in this new version, and knowing it was recorded 24 times to find the perfect flow is very inspiring :heart:

the outro is too short.
but the rest is perfection.

I like the echo of Michael's vocals at the end but, I would have like Timbaland to revisit the chain intro for the outro as well. It would have cemented the narrative that the woman remained.

Same here would have loved an extended part like Ol' timbo did for Ginuwine back in '99 ref : Crying out

I have a question.

I'm a fan of the band Yes, and in 2011 they pulled a thing with their new album where it was available in Germany a week before the US.

I signed up with a German MP3 site, and managed to get the album a week earlier than everyone else.

Does anybody know if I can do that with this album? I'd love to legally purchase the digital copy tomorrow, but if need be, I'll wait until Tuesday when I walk into Target and buy the cd.

Damn. That intro is something!!! :D And those strings during the bridge! Glitchy and bumpin' unique sounds. I like it, maybe not as much as APWNN cause that song's beat is still in my head, but I would rate STTR 4/5~ I can tell Timbaland spent lots of time on this track making it as cohesive as possible.

Anyone know if it's DYKWYCA or Blue Gangsta that's next? :)

Slave is a hit. Love it!

Can't fault Timbaland's producing skills, you can tell he truly cares for Michael Jackson's artistic integrity. Love all the song's i've heard that he's produced, Excited for the album to arrive. My ears will be ringing considering how loud i'll be playing it. :lol:

Same here would have loved an extended part like Ol' timbo did for Ginuwine back in '99 ref : Crying out

Indeed! Timbaland is the man! An outro like that would of been amazing and Timbaland may have gotten vocal credit! laughs

I like STTR but i was hoping for more :s

Agreed! I am a fan of the Stewart version and a fan of Timbaland in general. I really appreciate that Timbaland allowed Michael's vocals to be more prominent than Stewart did however, Timbaland is playing safe with STTR (and the LNFSG remix) where he was uninhibited on Chicago to me.

...and he kept Stewart's bridge.

Last edited:

Can't fault Timbaland's producing skills, you can tell he truly cares for Michael Jackson's artistic integrity. Love all the song's i've heard that he's produced, Excited for the album to arrive. My ears will be ringing considering how loud i'll be playing it. :lol:

No joke. My ears have been ringing slightly for the past couple of days because of this album. I really need to cut back on the headphone use.

It's amazing how much better this album is when it's loud. I imagine Slave sounds killer loud. Haven't managed to do that yet but soon enough it'll happen!!

Is the album on sale at midnight so, in each respective region?

I haven't listened to Slave yet, but I'm amazed by A Place With No Name! I finally caved, and I'm glad I did. This sounds like it could have fit really easily on Bad, it has a great 80's production to it.

I love like from APWNN “La la” it comes to chains sound … The album is really great and as much as I love LNFSO and Loving you, my favorites are APWNN and STTR !!!

Well, I’m waiting for Xscape, DYKWYCR and Blue Gangster to hear.

Oh my god.

Slave to The Rhythm...this is honestly one of the greatest things I've ever heard! I loved the demo, but this is even better. It sounds like it's from Dangerous, yet still modernized so it sounds like today.

Okay, my rankings so far:

1. Chicago - 5 out of 5
2. Loving You - 5 out of 5
3. Slave To The Rhythm - 5 out of 5
4. Love Never Felt So Good - 4 out of 5
5. A Place With No Name - 3.5 out of 5

Going by all of this, this album is going to be incredible! I can't wait to hear the other three.

Loving you is the best song i have ever heard, and that is a true statement by me.. it's so exquisite, no flaws.. all perfect. ANXIOUS FOR THE DEMO!!!!!!!!!!

I have a question.

I'm a fan of the band Yes, and in 2011 they pulled a thing with their new album where it was available in Germany a week before the US.

I signed up with a German MP3 site, and managed to get the album a week earlier than everyone else.

Does anybody know if I can do that with this album? I'd love to legally purchase the digital copy tomorrow, but if need be, I'll wait until Tuesday when I walk into Target and buy the cd.

Depends what service you use. With iTunes you can only make purchases through the country you reside in. So me, living in the US, I can't switch over to German iTunes and buy the CD because my account is based in the US.

But others services might work differently, and unfortunately, I wouldn't know what services work like that.

Depends what service you use. With iTunes you can only make purchases through the country you reside in. So me, living in the US, I can't switch over to German iTunes and buy the CD because my account is based in the US.

But others services might work differently, and unfortunately, I wouldn't know what services work like that.

I seem to remember using Amazon.de, and tricking it by using CyberGhost (a VPN that would make my IP address appear as if I was in Germany.)

I don't do that usually, but I did it for Yes (since they're my favorite band.) I would do it for Michael, but not sure how easy it would be to do it this time.

I wish record companies didn't do this type of thing.

It did accept my credit card, though, even though I have a US bank account.

Most of the Timbaland productions on this album are boring to me and pretty soulless. I hope "do you now where your children" and gangster" will make up for it but seriously you will all be suprised how good the original versions will be. because that's his vision the way it should be

My list so far:
Love Never Felt So Good (solo) 4.5/(duet)1.5
Chicago 2.5
Loving You 2.5
A Place With No Name 5
Slave To The Rythm 5

Shaping up to be a great album!

SLAVE is amazing!! :)

for me..

lnfsg duet 4
lnfsg solo 3
chicago 3.5
loving you 3.5
apwnn 1.5
sttr 2.5

I think Slave needs to have a video! Good story that could be represented well in a video.

Last edited:
Back