Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Wow...another rape job Do You Know. What the hell was the estate/sony thinking when they worked on that and APWNN? 2 great gems now ruined.

MJ is spinning in his grave.
I dont agree with your opinion but you are welcome to it. but I suggest you take it down a few notches. you are getting very rude, mean spirited and nasty on most of your comments here. please note your opinion are not fact and the way you are expressing them says more about your character then the facts of this album. . It not what you say but how you are saying it. . stop being an assehole if you want to be taken serious.

Deluxe Edition Poster :D

10345042_10201894658984332_764623602_n.jpg

Got this from MJ Fans of Southern California FB page. Credits to Betty Byrnes

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Wow beautiful :heart:: I love it :)

The original Chicago has me pleasantly surprised. It's like Liberian Girl's spiritual successor. I was expecting a boring rock track, but no. This has some mysticism to it.

I'm pretty obsessed with that track now.

Chicago (original version) I am meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllltttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg

This album IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

The album "Michael" what a STAIN compared to this production!

"Michael" should clearly be reworked and those three infamous songs on it be removed and do justice to MJ!!!!

Not sure if I'll ever be able to get into the original Xscape. The song sounds too much like Invincible filler to me. Least favorite track on the album at the moment. Fortunately Rodney Jerkins managed to salvage it with the funky new production.

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Ugh it is so over produced!!!!!! I hate you Estate!!!!!! They so ruined it! Wtf is that accelerator??????

Edit: being ironic

Last edited:

L.o.v.e.
Romi

it'd had been a more gorgeous cover instead! :dribble:

I was never happy with the dog cone. A matter of taste it seems.

Looovvinng youoooooooo

Man, I am straight, but MJ, I am loving you toooooooooooo

Chicago (original version) I am meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllltttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg

This album IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

The album "Michael" what a STAIN compared to this production!

"Michael" should clearly be reworked and those three infamous songs on it be removed and do justice to MJ!!!!
Sure! I agree, the misnamed "Michael" is unmatched to Xscape, I hope Xscape will be a chartsbuster!

Wonder how much the 2010 mix of Chicago differs from the original. Some had likened it to D.S. and Dirty Diana, but the 1999 version is totally Liberian Girl.

Last edited:

There is a lot of unique mixing of trippy sounds and real instruments. If anybody likes that kind of music, they will DEFINITELY love the new productions of songs on Xscape! Personally, I listen to a lot of songs like that. And for others who haven't, this is something new! And before completely resisting and discarding it, give it a chance. They were made keeping in mind the current generation who wants something funky!
They have truly lived upto the albums's image of sounding unique and different. The sounds are something you had expect from outer space, lol.

And if you don't like them, you HAVE the demos. :)

Ha ha many described APWNN as otherwordly so your comments are to the point. The cover says Michael s out of this world he is soooo amazing and the songs are proving it!

Timbaland is by far the second best producer on the album, love the song's he produced! Loving You is still top but Michael's vocals are so clear in this new version, and knowing it was recorded 24 times to find the perfect flow is very inspiring :heart:

Zakk I'm curious who is the best producer in the album in your opinion?

:lol: Smh... you should've put "being ironic" before the misunderstanding... but yeah... It's a beautiful poster... :heart:

Lol I know...I just thought it was obvious...but you never know. That poster comes with the deluxe CD right? I really hope it makes it to my country..for instance, the Immortal album deluxe edition was not available here, only the standard one. It would be a shame

Everyone be happy and remember 2010 when all we wanted was real songs. Now we have them + OG versions.

I think I will look at it as two separate albums being released. The new mixes are completely different than the originals, so you have to look at it that way.

I like both, but I think I like the originals better.

Lol I know...I just thought it was obvious...but you never know. That poster comes with the deluxe CD right? I really hope it makes it to my country..for instance, the Immortal album deluxe edition was not available here, only the standard one. It would be a shame

Now i think about it, it should've been obvious but there have been a few fans with some negativity here so I wasn't sure :p

As for the poster, yes I would hope so. But when a fan did Unboxing of the CD Vid. earlier today, there was no poster so I'm kinda 50/50 on it. I hope it has it. :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Xscape Review

The beautiful mindsets of what Michael Jackson had left in his vaults are lost gems and treasures for us to enjoy. The newly contemporized songs of the music left behind by the King of Pop holds the vibe among Michael Jackson’s masterpieces such as Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and etc. The album, Xscape, is the 2nd posthumous album by Sony and the Michael Jackson Estate mainly constructed of unheard Michael Jackson tracks ranging from 1983-1999. The album will be available worldwide on May 13th of 2014. The theme of the project is “The Best You’ve Never Heard” as the team of producers contemporized and updated the songs to fit into today’s music. The music of Michael is timeless but it is to make Michael relevant to the future generations, especially in today’s generation.

Love Never Felt So Good – A beautiful introduction of the album, a symphony same concept from Hold My Hand. This track is the premiere single for this album; some fans doubted Sony and the Estate’s move because the demo was slightly weak and would not do right for the critics and the public. They were wrong. It premiered on iHeart Radio Music Awards on the first day of May and the whole world was astounded by it. Positive reviews from the critics and the public, radio demands and sales were high that it spanned on #20 Billboard’s Hot 100 and #6 on Hot RnB/Hip-Hop Songs. It is because the track is mainly composed of a great production that you will two-step as you hear Michael sing ‘Baby! Every time I love you it’s in-out my life…love never felt so good!” There is a remix with Justin Timberlake available and it seemingly got the attention of the public even more! 4/5

Chicago – Once again, Michael talks about being played by a woman. “She lied to you, lied to me!” he roars as he explains the situation he was brought into. The story is about a girl whom he met and fell in love with her. Eventually the truth starts to unfold and unfortunately enough, the girl she met has a family. This song should definitely be on the same place along with Billie Jean and Dirty Diana. 5/5

Loving You – Remember when Michael would do a ballad and it would lift you up from sadness and make you feel “Hey, life’s not so bad after all”. This beautiful piece is much like what we heard before (Fly Away and Free) but only with a different music production - much like Best of Joy – the classic ballad from the album ‘Michael’ in which the track I personally like.
“…’cus I’ve been feeling down and blue and it’s cloudy in my head. Instead of going out to some restaurants, I’ll stay home in bed.” 5/5

A Place With No Name – Keep in mind that I won’t be comparing nor judge this version to the leaked version we have heard a couple months ago. This newly contemporized version begins with the Leave Me Alone melody and an infectious, funky beat, then, “As I drove across on the highway…” Despite having mixed feelings about this version, it slowly grew on me and yes, it is a great remix by Stargate! It is very much like Nero’s remix of Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone and shadows of Billie Jean (played by the synths in the background of the verses). I’ll give it a 5/5.

Slave to the Rhythm – Another Timbaland Production, this version I would say, should have been worked on a lot more – sounds unfinished and rushed through. The introduction is very theatrical, dramatic, and scenic as you hear the chains clinging but guess what? This is an alternate version of the King of Pop’s original version of “Slave”; very classical and theatrical, as the slaves are being transferred. Timbo’s version is a pop techno but there could be a reason for that; the original version has electronic synths just like the ones you hear in an old video game, like Sonic the Hedgehog. Props to Timbo for keeping the vibe Michael wanted! It’s a 4/5 for me.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are – The introduction gives you like an earworm that you just cannot get off your head. My take on the music production for this is nothing else but juxtaposition. An electric synth happily to bring you into a world of happiness but on the other hand, the haunting words being narrated to you just kills the vibe for me. The expression that Michael had in his voice on the 2010 version we heard was much stronger than this one, it showed emotion, sadness, persuasion, and passion. Maybe I was too hype to hear this track because almost everyone said that this is the highlight of the album. It’s a 3.5/5

Blue Gangsta – This is the ‘Best I’ve Never Heard’ for me! The introduction is much like the one from Ben Liebrand’s Smooth Criminal remix. Just one thing I want to say for this particular track is that Timbaland drops the beat uncontrollably on this one in chorus. A definite 5/5 for me!

Xscape – For the intro, Michael does his amazing beatboxing skills and, then, all of a sudden, in a matter of time, ‘DARKCHILD’ and BAM! Michael and Darkchild drops the beat! It’s very moving than the 2002 mix we heard, it is very vibrant, and strong. And get this, A TRUMPET SOLO. This track made me want to get up and dance more than ‘Slave’! ( I didn’t though, I stomped my foot.) This has got to be the best closing song for an album since Thriller with “Lady In My Life”! Perfect 5/5 for me!

As a whole I will give the album 9.0/10 because of the album being short but it should always be quality over quantity. But they could have added a couple more songs; L.A. Reid picked 24 songs for the album and cut it down to 14, then 8. This album will definitely save the music that is longing for a classic Michael Jackson tune to save it. Xscape should be an example for future posthumous albums, perfect team, perfect timing and perfect everything. In conclusion, this album is all composed of an adventure, a story, passion, a world like we’ve never seen before, and just makes you get away, to escape and relive the past, present, and the future, it is just simply escapism.

Last edited:

Slave To The Rhythm (original) alos goooooooooooooooooooooooooood wanna dance, dance, dance, dance, dance dance, dance.

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na,na, na, na a place without no nameeee!!!

Oh gee I can't keep up with this thread lol. Every time I come back there are like 500 posts from where I was at last.

When I get the album on Tuesday I am going listen and see what I like and don't and which version. And that's it. It doesn't matter if we don't agree on every song or every version. In the end after listening to it and you feel that it brought you happiness than that is what matters. I don't envy these producers because that is a big task working on Michael's songs without him. Everything I have seen so far since this album was announced has been very classy and showing Michael nothing but respect. If I hear someone who is not a fan say that they like a song or even the album or even someone becoming a fan .....goal accomplished.

HOLY CRAP SHIT DAMN F@CKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never sworn in my life so badly!!!!!!

Do You Know Where Your Children Are (original) the sound of the instruments from the 80s is F@CKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIT! DAMN!!!!!!! It's so damn good!!!!!!

MpMj1011;4000817 said:
Xscape Review

The beautiful mindsets of what Michael Jackson had left in his vaults are lost gems and treasures for us to enjoy. The newly contemporized songs of the music left behind by the King of Pop holds the vibe among Michael Jackson’s masterpieces such as Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and etc. The album, Xscape, is the 2nd posthumous album by Sony and the Michael Jackson Estate mainly constructed of unheard Michael Jackson tracks ranging from 1983-1999. The album will be available worldwide on May 13th of 2014. The theme of the project is “The Best You’ve Never Heard” as the team of producers contemporized and updated the songs to fit into today’s music. The music of Michael is timeless but it is to make Michael relevant to the future generations, especially in today’s generation.

Love Never Felt So Good – A beautiful introduction of the album, a symphony same concept from Hold My Hand. This track is the premiere single for this album; some fans doubted Sony and the Estate’s move because the demo was slightly weak and would not do right for the critics and the public. They were wrong. It premiered on iHeart Radio Music Awards on the first day of May and the whole world was astounded by it. Positive reviews from the critics and the public, radio demands and sales were high that it spanned on #20 Billboard’s Hot 100 and #6 on Hot RnB/Hip-Hop Songs. It is because the track is mainly composed of a great production that you will two-step as you hear Michael sing ‘Baby! Every time I love you it’s in-out my life…love never felt so good!” There is a remix with Justin Timberlake available and it seemingly got the attention of the public even more! 4/5

Chicago – Once again, Michael talks about being played by a woman. “She lied to you, lied to me!” he roars as he explains the situation he was brought into. The story is about a girl whom he met and fell in love with her. Eventually the truth starts to unfold and unfortunately enough, the girl she met has a family. This song should definitely be on the same place along with Billie Jean and Dirty Diana. 5/5

Loving You – Remember when Michael would do a ballad and it would lift you up from sadness and make you feel “Hey, life’s not so bad after all”. This beautiful piece is much like what we heard before (Fly Away and Free) but only with a different music production - much like Best of Joy – the classic ballad from the album ‘Michael’ in which the track I personally like.
“…’cus I’ve been feeling down and blue and it’s cloudy in my head. Instead of going out to some restaurants, I’ll stay home in bed.” 5/5

A Place With No Name – Keep in mind that I won’t be comparing nor judge this version to the leaked version we have heard a couple months ago. This newly contemporized version begins with the Leave Me Alone melody and an infectious, funky beat, then, “As I drove across on the highway…” Despite having mixed feelings about this version, it slowly grew on me and yes, it is a great remix by Stargate! It is very much like Nero’s remix of Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone and shadows of Billie Jean (played by the synths in the background of the verses). I’ll give it a 5/5.

Slave to the Rhythm – Another Timbaland Production, this version I would say, should have been worked on a lot more – sounds unfinished and rushed through. The introduction is very theatrical, dramatic, and scenic as you hear the chains clinging but guess what? This is an alternate version of the King of Pop’s original version of “Slave”; very classical and theatrical, as the slaves are being transferred. Timbo’s version is a pop techno but there could be a reason for that; the original version has electronic synths just like the ones you hear in an old video game, like Sonic the Hedgehog. Props to Timbo for keeping the vibe Michael wanted! It’s a 4/5 for me.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are – The introduction gives you like an earworm that you just cannot get off your head. My take on the music production for this is nothing else but juxtaposition. An electric synth happily to bring you into a world of happiness but on the other hand, the haunting words being narrated to you just kills the vibe for me. The expression that Michael had in his voice on the 2010 version we heard was much stronger than this one, it showed emotion, sadness, persuasion, and passion. Maybe I was too hype to hear this track because almost everyone said that this is the highlight of the album. It’s a 3.5/5

Blue Gangsta – This is the ‘Best I’ve Never Heard’ for me! The introduction is much like the one from Ben Liebrand’s Smooth Criminal remix. Just one thing I want to say for this particular track is that Timbaland drops the beat uncontrollably on this one in chorus. A definite 5/5 for me!

Xscape – For the intro, Michael does his amazing beatboxing skills and, then, all of a sudden, in a matter of time, ‘DARKCHILD’ and BAM! Michael and Darkchild drops the beat! It’s very moving than the 2002 mix we heard, it is very vibrant, and strong. And get this, A TRUMPET SOLO. This track made me want to get up and dance more than ‘Slave’! ( I didn’t though, I stomped my foot.) This has got to be the best closing song for an album since Thriller with “Lady In My Life”! Perfect 5/5 for me!
As a whole I will give the album 9.0/10 because the album being short but it should always be quality over quantity. But they could have added a couple more songs; L.A. Reid picked 24 songs for the album and cut it down to 14, then 8. This album will definitely save the music that is longing for a classic Michael Jackson tune to save it. Xscape should be an example for future posthumous albums, perfect team, perfect timing and perfect everything. In conclusion, this album is all composed of an adventure, a story, passion, a world like we’ve never seen before, and just makes you get away, to escape and relive the past, present, and the future, it is just simply escapism.

You wrote this? Mad proffessional! You should save it and post it the other thread in the coming tuesday. I really liked this one

HOLY CRAP SHIT DAMN F@CKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never sworn in my life so badly!!!!!!

Do You Know Where Your Children Are (original) the sound of the instruments from the 80s is F@CKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIT! DAMN!!!!!!! It's so damn good!!!!!!

Loving your Zeal man, keep on rocking!

Back