Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Man I wished the 2010 version of DYKWYCA was the album version instead cause thats how you update and finish a song. Same concept as the original but with fleshed out production

The deluxe version on Spotify!
2nlwch3.png

I would like to post a fan review but cannot until Tuesday as per the forum rules (and ridiculous multiple release dates instead of a worldwide launch).

I will only say there is a reason the cd is called Xscape!

haha I just finished writing mine too and Im kinda pissed it's locked until next week

Haven't listened to the full album yet, but the original LNFSG sounds a lot less "hissy/thin" than the new solo mix.

And the 2010 production of DYKWYCA is probably my least favorite of the three versions. Somebody here said the original has a Depeche Mode vibe. I agree.

As I have said before the cd is to introduce michael to new market plus a lot of the fans who like it also. The originals are here also.

I swear that some of you would even complain about mikes choice if he where hear.
of course when Michael was making this is it I remember quite a few ofvyou complaining.

Terry
Yes, I think it's great that the originals were released as well this time. My point had to do with the statement that MJ would hate the negativity about 'his songs' and the nature of these updates versions.

Also, I don't see the problem in critiquing something MJ did. It's not mandatory to like every song he made.

PS: FYI, when MJ was making This Is It I was excitedly looking forward to the chance to finally see my hero live on stage after all these years.

Last edited:

Man, I just heard A PLACE WITHOUT NO NAME!!!!!!!

F*CK!!!!!! You may say what you damn want, but it's A BEAUTY!!!!!! It's a JEWEL!!!!!

I'm gonna listen to other songs now!!!! AWESOME!

Somebody here said the original has a Depeche Mode vibe. I agree.

Yeah, I said that. And the original Chicago has a bit of an ambient vibe to me. Both really interesting coming from Mike.

My take... (possible this might change as more I listen to each song)

1. Love Never Felt So Good
- John McClain: 9/10
- Timbaland: 8/10
- Original: 10/10
Comment: His beautiful angelic voice combined with the piano on the demo is EVERYTHING!!!

2. Chicago
- Original: 9/10
Comment: I didn't expect the demo to be soft/slow. It gives me 'Liberian Girl' sound tease & I love that song. I find the demo romantic and yet sexy.

3. Lovin' You
- Timbaland: 10/10
- Original: 9/10
Comment: Its close but have to go with Timbs version because I personally prefer more intense songs of MJ. Lovin You is beautiful but too light for me.

4. A Place With No Name
- Stargate: 9/10
- Original: 8/10
Comment: Although the demo is beautiful I feel the new version is more intense

5. Slave To The Rhythm
- Tricky Stewart: 10/10

Comment: I think Timbs version is too busy. MJs demo is way better imo and Tricky is the real club banger.

6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are?
- Timbaland: 5/10
Comment: Disappointed with Timbs remix, it sounds like a Nintendo videogame. MJs version is amazing!

7. Blue Gangster
- Timbaland: 10/10
- Original: 9,5/10
Comment: Its a tie, but I'll have to pick Timbs version. The intro and all on his version is so good, it give a 'haunted'/paranoia kind of mood throughout the song. I also find it a bit more heavy and intense which I love.

8. Xscape
- Rodney Jerkins: 8/10
Comment: The original was good as it was. No need to remix imo.

Last edited:

why can't i find this on my spotify? what did you type in?

Type "Love Never Felt So Good" and click on it.. then you will see the album as well, click and all the songs will appear

Oh Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loving you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sends me back to OFF THE WALL THRILLER AND BAD all at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!

She's a slave to the rhythm, maaaaaaaaaannnn!!! I wanna breakdance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm just so jealous of all the fans who have already gotten their albums! *pouts*

DYKWYCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn I am 20 years younger when I listen to this song!!!!! So 80s and yet so modern!!!!!! Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haters gonna hate, but I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE THIS ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael's final mix of STTR is incredible!

It's the only song that I think didn't need an update.

Blue Gangsta

Damn! Damn! Damn! What a grave atmosphere!!!!!!! Man, excellent!!!!!! That's my man! Hit the dancefloor! It's like lizstneing and watching the movie at teh same time!!!!!!!!!! Doggone awesome!

Ok so I DO NOT LOVE the new mix of DYKWYCA but it's 7/8 incredible tracks. To be fair I like that mix more than I like Don't Walk Away (the only MJ song that makes me hit skip lickity split!). I don't like the original demo of DYKWYCA either. But man, everything else is pure gold. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I never thought I'd enjoy new MJ music like this again so it's all icing.

EDIT: in the context of the album I like it. It's already growing on me. YUSS

Xscape is online at iTunes Germany now. This will be a great night.????

Xscape (the song), well, I gotta admit it, I prefer the original version.

The original Chicago has me pleasantly surprised. It's like Liberian Girl's spiritual successor. I was expecting a boring rock track, but no. This has some mysticism to it.

I am so jealous. Tuesday, HURRY UP ALREADY!!!!

Dang, the original Loving You actually holds up pretty well against Timbaland's mix. Another surprise.

:)

Finishing up the new mix, and going to the old mix.

Thoughts on the new mix, though...amazing stuff. I even like the remix of Xscape, and I adored the original.

I'm about to watch the Xscape documentary :)

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh! iTunes is dowloading it now!!!!!

Almost 1:30 am, I didnt listen to any previews or leaks but I can't wait on the arrival of the physical album... It's gonna be a very short night for me lol.

Place With No Name (Original Version), same as the leak, wins runner-up award for "track with the most hiss." :p

Back