Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Don't mean to jump into this, but it amuses me that you argue for Michael's innovative fashion and then go listen to a weak demo of Slave to the Rhythm that is far from innovative. Odds are, when and if Michael released any of the songs on this album properly in his lifetime, they would not sound anything like the demos, especially Love Never Felt So Good, Loving You and Slave to the Rhythm. His music updated with the times and he was much more attuned to contemporary sound than anyone realizes. You can't be mad at producers for doing exactly what Michael always did: staying current.
You clearly misunderstood my post. My point was that you can't tell fans who criticize the remakes on Xscape that they don't like MICHAEL's innovations, simply because they are not Michael's - they are the ideas of the external producers. Michael is not responsible for these remakes. They are not his. THAT was my point.

And I think the STTR demo kicks ass.

Your logic makes zero sense. Clearly the new versions on this album, whether you love them or not, do not contain MJ's innovative vision, but the ideas of external producers. If you like them that's great, but don't tell people who do not that they are not 'following' MJ's innovative process.

I guess if the hologram turns out to move like Navi because it was modelled after him and people criticize that, you're going to tell them MJ always innovated his dancing and if they can't accept that they should just go watch Motown 25.

*back to listening to the Slave to the Rhythm demo*

Oh the irony. Don't read me then if my logic makes zero sense, Problem solved.

I woke up to great news!! Im in my car drivning and one of the biggest commercial radio stations in my country just announced they are having a "Michael Jackson weekend"! Yeahhh!!

They are currently playing 'The girl is mine' but will play many different songs by MJ, including LNFSG and other from the new album. They are having a competition to win the new album as well.

This is great promotion! Dont forget that I also wrote yesterday that on thursday (one day before the release here) the evening news on the biggest commercial channel also announced there was a new album out tomorrow. I mean, it was on the frigging evening news on a huge channel!!

Last time I checked, the deluxe album was #1 here on the iTunes chart!

Im so happy! They are showing MJ tons of love! Amazing!!

Edit: So far Ive heard The Girl is Mine, You Rock My World, I Just Cant Stop Loving You, Heal The World, Rock With You, Will you Be There and Man in the Mirror :)

That is indeed great news!! Where are you from?

Today I went to the South Railroad Station in Brussels for the Xscape promo: Here are some pics :naughty: :hiya: :poke:

10338348_492861134176690_6641220196244332642_n.jpg

10338254_492861137510023_5657048118583139184_n.jpg

10245398_492861140843356_3140884030571892140_n.jpg

10264272_492861217510015_3187122203215932610_n.jpg

Hologram:

10277729_492861264176677_954918887220714129_n.jpg

10294478_492861267510010_7004471851400859403_n.jpg

1185018_492861300843340_9190632404480637748_n.jpg

I've been long enough around on this forum to read crap that some fans write about MJ's music even when MJ was alive. I never targeted anyone in particular, all I see is that the crap continues as if MJ's unreleased songs were meant to be released as such. If that was the case instead of Thriller we would be listening to Starlight.

MJ was always collaborating with best producers. And now it's the case with Xscape for this post-humous era. The onl thing we don't have on Xscape and will never ever have again is MJ's final touch. But let's bear in mind that all the sounds that we have on Xscape would have been presented to MJ as it is presented to us, the public. If those songs get the support and hit the charts, the mission would be accomplished, because that's what MJ would want too - get back on the charts.

Id someone don't like them in the fans base, fine, but do we need to be vocal about the negative tracks? Why not be vocal about the favorite oneson the album instead?

Agree!! Let's hightlight what we like not to other way around. IMO this is an MJ album. The demos are ALL MJ aren't they? So it is an MJ album.

Today I went to the South Railroad Station in Brussels for the Xscape promo: Here are some pics :naughty: :hiya: :poke:

10338348_492861134176690_6641220196244332642_n.jpg

10338254_492861137510023_5657048118583139184_n.jpg

10245398_492861140843356_3140884030571892140_n.jpg

10264272_492861217510015_3187122203215932610_n.jpg

Hologram:

10277729_492861264176677_954918887220714129_n.jpg

10294478_492861267510010_7004471851400859403_n.jpg

1185018_492861300843340_9190632404480637748_n.jpg

I miss living in Brussells so much... Thanks for the pics

Oh the irony. Don't read me then if my logic makes zero sense, Problem solved.

Well, sorry, I simply don't understand your logic with regards to that point. I don't see what's ironic about that, if you do not think my logic makes sense I don't mind you telling me why. I do think it's ironic that you tell me to stop reading your posts when you are the one commenting on fans who simply express an opinion that you do not seem to like.

I do not want to derail the thread much further with a back-and-forth, but am happy to discuss things further by pm if you want to (and not in a negative way, I mean this sincerely). If not, I'm fine with that as well.

Agree!! Let's hightlight what we like not to other way around. IMO this is an MJ album. The demos are ALL MJ aren't they? So it is an MJ album.

Exactly! It's as if MJ released BAD and we were discussing Just Good Friends and I just Can't Stop Loving You...

When will iTunes deliver my pre-ordered Deluxe ?Can anyone tell me please? Is it after the official release date only, 13th?

Yes. Thats correct.

The official release for my country was on May 9 and the album was available for me just after midnight at 1AM on May 9.

Well, sorry, I simply don't understand your logic with regards to that point. I don't see what's ironic about that, if you do not think my logic makes sense I don't mind you telling me why. I do think it's ironic that you tell me to stop reading your posts when you are the one commenting on fans who simply express an opinion that you do not seem to like.

I do not want to derail the thread much further with a back-and-forth, but am happy to discuss things further by pm if you want to (and not in a negative way, I mean this sincerely). If not, I'm fine with that as well.

Well from the starters i don't even understand why you feel targeted by my posts. I was talking in general about fans focusing on negativity and you seem felt targeted. Nobody tells you not to give your opinion. You express yours, I express mine and that's it. Some prefer focusing their discussion on negative points on the albuim, I prefer focusing on positive points, and again that's it.

I won't be happy,
because they didn't put the awesome 2010-versions of 'Slave' & 'Do You Know' on the album.

Those demos were not last touched and worked on by MJ. All demos are what Michael last did with those songs. Be happy.

Up at 6:30am for a 6 hour drive home from a holiday cottage in Cornwall - excited to see if my album had arrived early! :unsure:

But, no! :boohoo

Oh we'll. Monday evening isn't too far away. :timer:

Those demos were not last touched and worked on by MJ. All demos are what Michael last did with those songs. Be happy.

Gratitude should be foremost with this project, we have new/unheard Michael Jackson demo's in perfectly mastered High Quality. Honored to own them.

As i predicted: "Kollegah" is #1, and MJ is #2 :(

#2 is awesome in any country!

You can expect the latest 'flavour of the month' to be #1 in most countries.

#2 is awesome in any country!

You can expect the latest 'flavour of the month' to be #1 in most countries.

I don't think that info is true. Is this official German album chart?

http://www.germancharts.com/weekchart.asp?cat=a

I don't think they would release the album friday if the charts are conted until saturday.

Well from the starters i don't even understand why you feel targeted by my posts. I was talking in general about fans focusing on negativity and you seem felt targeted. Nobody tells you not to give your opinion. You express yours, I express mine and that's it. Some prefer focusing their discussion on negative points on the albuim, I prefer focusing on positive points, and again that's it.

I did not feel individually targeted, but I did feel it was unfair to tell fans who are negative about the new tracks in general that they are not following Michael's innovation - again, especially because your logic did not make sense to me. When you say that it comes across to me like you are saying these people are lesser fans, and when you tell them they should just listen to songs like Jump for Joy and Goin Places it does feel like you are telling them they should keep quiet rather than express their opinion. That's why I commented and what I commented about.

But I agree, we've both expressed our opinions now, so I'm also happy to move on.

I never thought i would say this but LNFSG is among my favorites! Such a feel good track

that song I loved from the start,but now after I don't know how many listens, like Victoria Beckham said "I'm obssessed"lol. I've been playing it to my KG students and they're becoming obssessed too! :dancin:

Xscape can not be in German charts now. It will appear in two weeks on Friday. Same is for Kollegah. But it is predictable from Pre-Sale that Kollegah will be Numer 1 and I think MJ 2.

Westernhagen is 1 in this week.

Can MJ beat that guy? MICHAEL album debuted at number one in Germany, selling 85,000 copies in its first week.

German fans keep promoting and buying the album!! I bought from amazon.de. Don't know if that helps on German charts..

I did not feel individually targeted, but I did feel it was unfair to tell fans who are negative about the new tracks in general that they are not following Michael's innovation - again, especially because your logic did not make sense to me. When you say that it comes across to me like you are saying these people are lesser fans, and when you tell them they should just listen to songs like Jump for Joy and Goin Places it does feel like you are telling them they should keep quiet rather than express their opinion. That's why I commented and what I commented about.

But I agree, we've both expressed our opinions now, so I'm also happy to move on.

No, I said like MJSmooth rephrased it. If for some fans is to come and criticize every release post 2009, well why bother coming post negative things.
I added that I have seen fans criticizing MJ's music while he was alive too. All in all they are never happy. So, I don't get unhappy fans, especially with releases as Xscape which contains tracks to satisfy everyone.

@Bumper: I sent you a pm

^^Here we go again--Saturday--a new day--and the same old complaining. There must be some wonderful things on the album to focus on. By now everyone heard and knows the negative parts, so how about talking about all the other exciting and heart warming elements of the album.

^^Here we go again--Saturday--a new day--and the same old complaining. There must be some wonderful things on the album to focus on. By now everyone heard and knows the negative parts, so how about talking about all the other exciting and heart warming elements of the album.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :naughty:

New Fanboard-Record?

This Thread just got its 1.000.000th view! :blink:

Great Debate has 2,886,903 but this one got 1 mil quickly!

^^Ha yourself. Bumper Did you buy the vinyl?

Does anyone know if the Deluxe Edition will be released on Vinyl anywhere?

Back