Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

The really interesting part of the doco is the part where Stargate were showing their work on process,and i have to Say that even though that I don't like the new mix of APWNN but really really MAJOR RESPECT for them, for real....

Another thing that caught my attention..is where LA Reid said he needed a new producer to complete the body of work in progress so he went to Stargate...Why he didn't seek Pharrell??!! I am truly surprised..... that would have been AMAZING :D

Remember guys, buy as many copies you can (for friends and family, cars, work, gifts, for personal sealed collection) during the first week of sales. The first week is the most important in today's music and also because Coldplay album is coming next week. So this week is our chance, it's Michael's time to shine. Also don't forget to ask for receipt for each copy you buy (buy them separately).

You don't need to buy them separately, each cd sold, whether it's 10 or 1 in a single transaction, each gets counted. I had seen fans saying this and it sounded ridiculous to me so I asked the Estate, and they confirmed that each album sold will be counted, regardless of how many were bought.

Remember guys, buy as many copies you can (for friends and family, cars, work, gifts, for personal sealed collection) during the first week of sales. The first week is the most important in today's music and also because Coldplay album is coming next week. So this week is our chance, it's Michael's time to shine. Also don't forget to ask for receipt for each copy you buy (buy them separately).

Buying 10 copies of the album separately or in one transaction doesn't make any difference. All sales are counted.

I listened to the contemporized Blue Gangsta and the bridge is still such a standout. I realized it is very similar to Michael's technique on Morphine; the bridge is soft and serene compared to chaotic verses and choruses surrounding it.

lom kit;4001481 said:
Could anyone else make out the song titles on the deluxe poster? i found loving you and BG.

I did not notice this until I saw your post. They are the only titles I see as well.

And now, more amazing comments on Jerkins’ Xscape:

Themidwestcowboy;4001382 said:
Did you hear how low he went on Xscape? :O

I'm tired of silly games, it's time to make a chaaaange

barok232;4001383 said:
I can't believe it I am hearing Xscape original in CD quality! Tears to my eyes

Zakk;4001402 said:
Both versions of 'Xscape' are fantastic, the mastering by Bernie Grundman is so raw.. you can hear the echoes, the foot stomps, the finger snaps so vibrantly.. this team worked wonders, it's a masterpiece..

Zakk;4001432 said:
8. Xscape;

Remix: 10/10
Demo: 10/10

Another tie, Both of Rodney's productions on this track are heavenly. Perfect ending to a beautifully pieced together album.

Themidwestcowboy;4001477 said:
This! Xscape was the best track on the album, hands down! Just incredible, he completely nailed it. He kept the MJ flavor while still making it current and contemporary. I tip my hat for Jerkins.

#Xscapeforthenextsingle!

IMWhizzle;4001493 said:
The ending song 'Xscape' is totally wicked!! Such a surprise!

DanGerouS-;4001546 said:
xscape new mix @1:39min....
damn, MIKE SOUNDS BADASS.

ThrillerZombie;4001550 said:
I don't understand how people don't like the new Xscape mix. To me it sounds like the best improved, I never really liked the demo much. It sounds fresh and still very Michael. It's just full of energy, waaaaay beter.

damoonwalker;4001192 said:
Just listened to the original version of Xscape that had been leaked previously.

Boy the last 1 minute of that song is just killer sick. There are bits where MJ singing if you want me come and get me and some adlibs too. Musically it's IMMENSE and I love that sharp snare drum.

I wished they had extended the new songs slightly with adlibs and fun stuff. Hey ho beggers can't be choosers :p

Themidwestcowboy;4001603 said:
Xscape is so good it deserves to be a single. Seriously

INDEED! I would also like to see some sort of music video. Actually, there are many talented fans out there that could do something amazing with animation and maybe Estate/Sony will seek them out.

barok232;4001387 said:
Xscape original song at the clubs! NOW! AS IT IS!!!

I feared the comparison of the originals to the contemporized (remixes). I was pleasantly surprised how completed the originals were! Now, I am fine with the comparisons and would encourage them. It allows the originals to shine!

Last edited:

Listening to the originals at the moment. The first 4 consist of some that are unlistenable again (LNFSG, loving you), dated(Chicago), copied(APWNN)

Unlistenable? Really? Michael's beautiful vocals are unlistenable to you? Wow, just WOW! Clearly demos, but that doesn't make them unlistenable. And APWNN is not "copied". It's a cover with different lyrics. Copying is when you do not give credit to the original writers.And just because it's a song written by others that makes it unlistenable to you? Wow again.

I'm actually GLAD that the producers didn't go into this trying to guess what MJ would have wanted and trying to finish the songs as he would. That is impossible without MJ here. One of the things I hated with the 'Michael' album is that they advertised it like it was close to the album Michael would have came out with if he were still alive when nothing could have been further from the truth. When people think they can "finish off" Michael's work without him here, to me it's just disrespectful. I'd much rather something like they did here where they just say... "ok, MJ is not here anymore. I'm not going to pretend I know what MJ would have wanted done here. I'm just going to remix the songs however I want to and give you Michael's original demo's as well." To me that makes it clear that they are making a remix album and not trying to make another "studio album". Which makes it more of a producers album featuring MJ when it comes down to it. Which is why I don't get stressed by the remixes. I know they aren't Michael's work. They are simply remixes and should be treated as such.

There can never be another Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory or Invincible. Michael's last studio album was Invincible. It wasn't 'Michael' and it isn't 'Xscape'. I prefer that they don't try to pretend otherwise. The remixes I can take or leave, but I understand different fans have different desires for "success" for MJ is the current day. Personally, I'm all for MJ's art and nothing else. As long as they keep putting out work as Michael left it, I'm gooooood.

Exactly my sentiment.

People should accept this release for what it is and not expect from it what they cannot realistically expect.

Unlistenable? Really? Michael's beautiful vocals are unlistenable to you? Wow, just WOW! Clearly demos, but that doesn't make them unlistenable. And APWNN is not "copied". It's a cover with different lyrics. Copying is when you do not give credit to the original writers.And just because it's a song written by others that makes it unlistenable to you? Wow again.
I shake my head multiple times a page in too many threads around here. I mean, LNFSG... what could be better than a prime MJ laying down some smooth vocals over piano and finger snaps to a song with a great melody? I guess some people just feel MJ more deeply than others.

I shake my head multiple times a page in too many threads around here. I mean, LNFSG... what could be better than a prime MJ laying down some smooth vocals over piano and finger snaps to a song with a great melody? I guess some people just feel MJ more deeply than others.

Ever since it leaked I listen to the LNFSG demo. It's on my mp3 player, I've been listening to it for years. I absolutely love its naturality and simplicity - just Michael and his voice and his fingersnaps. Excatly this rawness and simplicity shows what a great artist and vocalist Michael was. He did not need highly sophisticated production around him to blow you away.

I agree they can't all compare to MJs own work. But what they were suppose to do was use MJ's vocals with their own creative efforts and style. Not try to copy what MJ had already done. They are not MJ and MJ is not here to tell them. Fans need to understand what this album is and what It isn't .The producers were to give a nod a tribute to his songs and contemporise them with their own creative juices and their OWN style, keeping the integrity of what MJ might have done today if he was working with them. but not copy or be MJ. That's impossible. They were not arrogant in saying this is what he would have wanted either... LA Reid stated No one knows what Michael would want done with his songs today but they only hoped he would be happy with their effort. .. He feels he would .

The demos were not meant to be replace by these new songs either. They are their as well in all their glory for the world to hear. If fans would quite trying to compare the new songs to what MJ would have done or MJ did it better and just appreciate the songs for what they are. Im sure they would enjoy this album a lot better. IMO Just celebrate the music, play your own favorite tracks and be happy that Michael is being celebrated and hyped all over the world because of the effort of these producers.

Whether you like all the songs or not doesn't matter. The ones you don't like someone else will (right in this forum) and be very happy because of Michael's music. Opinions differ. _ But What is happening right now all over the world for Michael is EPIC and may never happen again anytime soon. so please don't anyone miss out on enjoying it to the fullest. :wub:

This post can not be thanked and quoted enough. Bravo!

Listening to Michael Jackson's Xscape for the third time in full (all 17 tracks) it just keeps on getting better & better, the new productions have grown on me very much now.... love the ad libs, the new mixes! it's a wonderful experience from start to finish, I wish Michael could have been here to see this :heart: I can't argue with people's complaints, regarding this project but that won't stop me from enjoying every second of this CD & DVD.

I woke up to great news!! Im in my car drivning and one of the biggest commercial radio stations in my country just announced they are having a "Michael Jackson weekend"! Yeahhh!!

They are currently playing 'The girl is mine' but will play many different songs by MJ, including LNFSG and other from the new album. They are having a competition to win the new album as well.

This is great promotion! Dont forget that I also wrote yesterday that on thursday (one day before the release here) the evening news on the biggest commercial channel also announced there was a new album out tomorrow. I mean, it was on the frigging evening news on a huge channel!!

Last time I checked, the deluxe album was #1 here on the iTunes chart!

Im so happy! They are showing MJ tons of love! Amazing!!

Edit: So far Ive heard The Girl is Mine, You Rock My World, I Just Cant Stop Loving You, Heal The World, Rock With You, Will you Be There and Man in the Mirror :)

Last edited:

wow whos the one whos being offensive and condesending. this is a discussion board where ppl discuss and give their opinions either good or bad. yet you and others cant seem to understand that. So you attack and talk down to people because they dont share the same opinion as you. Its ruining an intresting thread where people should be able to discuss what they think of the new versions regardless of what that opinion is and regardless of whether you like or dislike that opinion.

Give me a break. You can disagree without getting offensive.

If you like what is on the second part of the CD (the demos), congratulations, you have them. Enjoy them. Sony didn't have to give you the originals, remastered too, but they did. Appreciate that, and let people who enjoy the new versions, enjoy them.

Also, since the majority of people are enjoying this album, it is YOU. Only you. You are the minority here.

Very true. well said. its just a shame to me that the gen public wont hear the leaked B.G on the album. a song which to me was pretty much a completed track and imo far superior to the drum and base effort of the new version. or the 2011 version of do you know or APWNN.havnt heard the new xscape so cant comment on that. but when this album was announced it was a feeling of" great at last these songs we have had will finally get released to the gen public"but when i heard the new remixes i felt dissapointed at what had been done to them.mj versions or as close as you could get to them were pushed to the side and totally ignored and entirely new songs were created when in some cases there was nothing wrong with what was already there (bg).

You're really missing he point. IT'S NOT MJ. Our beloved artist passed away. We have a bunch of producers doing their own thing with his wonderful work.

In case you didn't notice, almost all those who "criticize"' the remixes also love the demos. I ADORE BG, XSCAPE AND STTR (leaked version, more than earlier demo on the CD). I don't like most remixes and think they don't do justice to the originals. How is that in any way criticizing MJ? It's the other way around! I think MJ wouldn't like some of those tracks as well.

We have a right to discuss what we love and don't love about how a bunch of people present the legacy of our hero to the public in 2014.

Make your voice heard too, don't silence the rest of us.

P.S. My favorite album is HIStory, followed by Invincible.

Last edited:

BnIJrS6IIAEbcHY.jpg

The more i listen to this album the more i feel for the poor will i am lol poor guy

I think I might rename Chicago original version to she was loving me, as this was the actual title for this version. Also, wasn't blue gangsta originally just called gangster? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Just trying to find out what the songs were originally called.

You're really missing he point. IT'S NOT MJ. Our beloved artist passed away. We have a bunch of producers doing their own thing with his wonderful work.

In case you didn't notice, almost all those who "criticize"' the remixes also love the demos. I ADORE BG, XSCAPE AND STTR (leaked version, more than earlier demo on the CD). I don't like most remixes and think they don't do justice to the originals. How is that in any way criticizing MJ? It's the other way around! I think MJ wouldn't like some of those tracks as well.

We have a right to discuss what we love and don't love about how a bunch of people present the legacy of our hero to the public in 2014.

Make your voice heard too, don't silence the rest of us.

P.S. My favorite album is HIStory, followed by Invincible.

I've been long enough around on this forum to read crap that some fans write about MJ's music even when MJ was alive. I never targeted anyone in particular, all I see is that the crap continues as if MJ's unreleased songs were meant to be released as such. If that was the case instead of Thriller we would be listening to Starlight.

MJ was always collaborating with best producers. And now it's the case with Xscape for this post-humous era. The onl thing we don't have on Xscape and will never ever have again is MJ's final touch. But let's bear in mind that all the sounds that we have on Xscape would have been presented to MJ as it is presented to us, the public. If those songs get the support and hit the charts, the mission would be accomplished, because that's what MJ would want too - get back on the charts.

Id someone don't like them in the fans base, fine, but do we need to be vocal about the negative tracks? Why not be vocal about the favorite oneson the album instead?

I played a couple of non-fans the new versions of the songs and they LOVED the album.

Especially Xscape, Chicago and DYKWYCA.

Very true. well said. its just a shame to me that the gen public wont hear the leaked B.G on the album. a song which to me was pretty much a completed track and imo far superior to the drum and base effort of the new version. or the 2011 version of do you know or APWNN.havnt heard the new xscape so cant comment on that. but when this album was announced it was a feeling of" great at last these songs we have had will finally get released to the gen public"but when i heard the new remixes i felt dissapointed at what had been done to them.mj versions or as close as you could get to them were pushed to the side and totally ignored and entirely new songs were created when in some cases there was nothing wrong with what was already there (bg).

They will if the contemporized versions hit the charts. Thankis to the charts more people could become fans and want to buy and discover more what MJ did. But if we get stuck with preaching how demos or loder versions of the unreleased songs are better then the general public will certainly never ever hear them. How many people have heard Al Capone? Price of fame? Abortion Papers? Compare those jewels to the jewels on Xscape album and draw a fair conclusion, which album would attract more new potential fans to discover more MJ's music?

Sometimes I wonder if people are here for MJ or just to criticize either other fans or MJ's new releases. It is as if I went to another singer's forum and constantly spread negativity about his songs. I'd start question how much fan actually I am, and as SmoothMJ said, if some don't love post 2009 releases, well there are releases from before 2009.

Actually I noticed that fans started criticizing MJ even when he was alive. Throughout years and decades MJ was an innovator. He did songs such as 2000 Watts and SHOUT. I absolutely loved how he brought that sound alive, but when I read the reaction from some fans about such songs, I see the same negativity with the newly released Xscape's new versions.

All I am saying, if you are not happy with MJ's innovative process, then go back to J5 and Jump For Hoy era, they are also nice songs, just not contemporary. And it would be much better than coming here and throwing up on everything newly released.
Your logic makes zero sense. Clearly the new versions on this album, whether you love them or not, do not contain MJ's innovative vision, but the ideas of external producers. If you like them that's great, but don't tell people who do not that they are not 'following' MJ's innovative process.

I guess if the hologram turns out to move like Navi because it was modelled after him and people criticize that, you're going to tell them MJ always innovated his dancing and if they can't accept that they should just go watch Motown 25.

*back to listening to the Slave to the Rhythm demo*

i ment the gen public hearing those versions on a proper release. not hearing the new mixes then by chance decided to look on the internet for the "originals" that i doubt they even know excist. as i said i was looking forward to the mainstream world hearing these gems but sadley its not ment to be.and to me you cant compair real mj demos which are unfinished in many ways to songs like B.G or do u know or even xscape. those songs for any other artist would sound like a completed song. There was no reason for them,prob b g more than the others not to be included as they were or at the most touched up abit. but to be totally changed as if those versions never excisted is a big shame.

They will if the contemporized versions hit the charts. Thankis to the charts more people could become fans and want to buy and discover more what MJ did. But if we get stuck with preaching how demos or loder versions of the unreleased songs are better then the general public will certainly never ever hear them. How many people have heard Al Capone? Price of fame? Abortion Papers? Compare those jewels to the jewels on Xscape album and draw a fair conclusion, which album would attract more new potential fans to discover more MJ's music?

Listening to the album, wearing my MJ-Shirt...i will hold it with the credit from the Estate to Mike.

" Thanks for being you "

tumblr_lf9yhtIXHZ1qg0i0to1_500.gif

This is why i begged for Bernie Grundman to master these posthumous releases, he blesses Michael's recording's with a heavenly touch :heart: Loving You is timeless, the simplicity is what does it for me.. extremely unique song.

As i predicted: "Kollegah" is #1, and MJ is #2 :(

Confirmed in the Xscape album booklet, do you know where your children are was originally recorded during the BAD Sessions in the 1980's.

Listening to Michael Jackson's Xscape for the third time in full (all 17 tracks) it just keeps on getting better & better, the new productions have grown on me very much now.... love the ad libs, the new mixes! it's a wonderful experience from start to finish, I wish Michael could have been here to see this :heart: I can't argue with people's complaints, regarding this project but that won't stop me from enjoying every second of this CD & DVD.

Being one of the more vocals around here about the lack of excitement with the remixes, I must also admit that these tracks need time to grow on you. They don't... "annoy" me as they did 24 hours ago (been listening constantly).

I guess I am too emotionally attached to Michael's original vision (which I absolutely love) to allow something so different to emerge. But I'm trying.

OK!!! your all doing my head in lol!! ****storms out of room*******

I still have not got my Xscape yet and have to wait till Monday i really want it now especially from what Zakk has been saying, please please can we all get on and be happy we are getting new music or newer music or remixed, or contemporised or remastered whatever u want to call it its in HQ! not the scratchy quality we have before. I know i would rather have Michael in spirit around us through his music than not at all.

Also think about the fact that fans new and old are getting to hear about this release look at the promotion it is getting, the commercials, the award shows, the adverts, i think this will continue now and im sure the estate and Sony have more tricks up there sleeves!

Looking forward to hopefully seeing the adverts everywhere tonight on prime TV in Uk possibly breaks of Britains Got Talent!

Terry

I won't be happy,
because they didn't put the awesome 2010-versions of 'Slave' & 'Do You Know' on the album.

BTw i am proud of myself still not heard anything bar the two tracks solo lnfsg and JT

Look the other thing is i am sure that if you all had not got the leaks you would be thinking a lot different hearing these tracks for the first time.
Kinda annoys me when i see people (not necessarily) from this board complain they only got 2 songs! Well that was your choice to listen and download them! I did myself but i stopped once i heard of the official release of them.
I even used my ps3 to help me as they where on old hard drive and i would of needed to reinstall that to my ps3 so it helped.

ImWhizzle you sound very very Tech savvy so can you tell me can i get Hd Xscape downloaded to my laptop and play it through my ps3 in lossless sound like i would a bluray?
Terry

Back