Xscape General Discussion

They don't say the titles for the Xscape album, they just say "play Michael Jackson, daddy".

Some titles, they pronounce correctly: "Speed Demon", "Billie Jean", "(I'm) bad",... and some not: "Tan-tan" (= Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'), "Bill it" (= Beat It),...

My little brother pronounces "Beat It" as "Weel it".

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone mentioned or saw the Today Show this morning but LNFSG duet was briefly praised during their segment of Top Songs of the Summer! :) It was one of the top one one on that list, and a couple of the anchors mentioned how they like the song and that the new album has very catchy songs, etc! It was a nice thing to see and hear that people, aside from the hardcore fans are enjoying this album. That's what it should be about, embracing the music! And this album has a little something for everyone. I've been enjoying this Michael-y buzz lately! :D

You can see it here. And also vote for MJ. He leads with 41%.

http://www.today.com/entertainment/which-track-do-you-think-will-be-song-summer-2D79674274

Jackie Jackson
I'm In Tears Over MJ's New Album
5/17/2014 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0516-jackie-jackson-xscape-album-tmz-01
Michael Jackson's new album could cause a whole new rift in the Jackson family -- Jermaine told us he was against it ... but brother Jackie says he's so excited about the new cd, it made him cry.

Jackie tells TMZ he's listened to the entire cd and thinks producer L.A. Reid "hit it right on the head," adding, "It brought tears to my eyes to see that they felt Michael was in the room when they made the record."

Jackie says he loves "Xscape" so much, he went out and bought copies for himself and friends.

Think he'll give one to Jermaine?

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/17/michael-jackie-jermaine-jackson-xscape-album-crying/#ixzz31xeDWr9s

^^ Not true, there is plenty of studio footage of MJ confirmed by several of his collaborators. The truth is the DVD was a wasted opportunity.

If there is footage of MJ in the studio, there might be a good reason why they didn't include it to this album.
There is going to be documentary or biography of MJ at some stage, and I think they might want to hold on to what they have so they can include unseen footage to that documentary, biography, or even movie (like Bob Marley movie). As much I would have wanted to see MJ in the studio in DVD, but I would happily wait for bio/documentary/movie.

Its funny that the jacksons involved with the estate such as jackie cant speak highly enough and the ones excluded like jerkmaine go all tantrummy like a two year old. does anyone still wonder why mj wanted nothing to do with them lol.

friedman and dimwit need to start a club for the bitter and twisted unrequited lovers of MJ.

Did anyone record yesterday's BET special making of? Any youtube links? Please..

Arsenio Hall ‏@ArsenioHall 13 h.
Listening to NEW Michael Jackson track! I love saying/tweeting those words.

SHAQ ‏@SHAQ 15 h. On repeat! @michaeljackson's new album #MJXSCAPE

Judith Hill ‏@Judith_Hill 13 h.
Mj's "Xscape" makes me jump for joy, cry, angry, restless, nostalgic, inspired.. It's a really intense listen.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackoma...wittersf&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Michael Jackson's Xscape In Close Race With Black Keys For No. 1 Spot/Forbes – May 17th

Since his adult solo career began in earnest in 1979, Michael Jackson has sold hundreds of millions of records. Click through for a look at the cover of each studio album, in chronological order, paired with worldwide sales estimates. Michael Jackson’s latest album, Xscape, hit stores this past Tuesday–and so far, the results have generally been worthy of the King of Pop’s royal moniker.The record ascended to the No. 1 spot on the iTunes charts in 52 different countries including the U.K. and France, and sits atop Amazon and Spotify’s rankings as well. Xscape is also running neck-and-neck with the Black Keys’ eighth album, Turn Blue, for the top position on Billboard‘s vaunted U.S. album chart.Forecasts call for first-week domestic sales in the neighborhood of 150,000 copies for both albums. For Jackson, that number should swell when international markets are included–he typically sells two units abroad for every one he sells in America–adding to his stunning postmortem earnings total. The singer has earned over $700 million in the five years since his death, by FORBES’ estimates.
Xscape came together after Jackson’s estate allowed Epic Records chief Antonio “L.A.” Reid to browse the King of Pop’s musical archives of unreleased material. He then selected eight tracks that featured Jackson’s vocals and, with the help of a team of producers led by Timbaland, made additional sonic contributions.“Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with,” said Reid in a statement. “We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world.”So far, the album has received some strong reviews from the likes of the Los Angeles Times, which called the album “shockingly vital” to Vibe, which dubbed it “eternal greatness.” The New York Times offered a more nuanced interpretation, conceding that many of the songs are “near misses” while stating that “Timbaland’s transformations are masterly.”Perhaps the most prominent detractor is Patrick Carney of the Black Keys, who told Rolling Stone that Xscape is “bulls–t.”But the charts may well give Jackson the last laugh from beyond the grave.

The family does not agree or Jermaine Jacksun? What a delusional man he is.

Hahaha Jacksun.. he changed his name.. what a moron! He and LaToya. And Randy. I can't stand those 3.

Jackie has always been my favourite. Marlon is cool too. Tito is OK.

BntlfjbIYAAPHtg.jpg

Pez Dann ?@Pezdann 20 h.

#MJXSCAPE Was out heading to a club tonight in my Xscape t-Shirt and saw this as I was walking up the street :) pic.twitter.com/feP1dXF5GY
I want the TEE-SHIRT!!!!!!

Jackie Jackson
I'm In Tears Over MJ's New Album
5/17/2014 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0516-jackie-jackson-xscape-album-tmz-01
Michael Jackson's new album could cause a whole new rift in the Jackson family -- Jermaine told us he was against it ... but brother Jackie says he's so excited about the new cd, it made him cry.

Jackie tells TMZ he's listened to the entire cd and thinks producer L.A. Reid "hit it right on the head," adding, "It brought tears to my eyes to see that they felt Michael was in the room when they made the record."

Jackie says he loves "Xscape" so much, he went out and bought copies for himself and friends.

Think he'll give one to Jermaine?

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/17/michael-jackie-jermaine-jackson-xscape-album-crying/#ixzz31xeDWr9s

Jackie has always had a lot more sense than some of the others, and he never comes off as jealous of his brother. Jackie is cool!!

They don't say the titles for the Xscape album, they just say "play Michael Jackson, daddy".

Some titles, they pronounce correctly: "Speed Demon", "Billie Jean", "(I'm) bad",... and some not: "Tan-tan" (= Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'), "Bill it" (= Beat It),...

Yeah Tan, Tan is the one that is my favorite--just too cute.
--

I have to say I love the part when Michael's name is said in LNFSG and then you hear that beautiful voice begin to sing. The thing with duets you hear the difference in Michael's and Justin's voice and Michael's voice is amazingly different.

Blue Gangsta - The vocals are such a standout. It feels like Michael's in the room with me when I'm listening to this song, especially the verses. OMG they are bone-chilling. I got goosebumps hearing this song. When his voice got all raspy 'look what chu've done to me baaaabey, I can no longer smile baaaaabey'.

Loving You - The piano intro is absolutely beautiful and will be sampled in no time by some producers. MJ's vocals are so sweet and enhanced without being manipulated. I'm so impressed with the production of this song, at times the bass in the background might be a little too much, but when I focus on the vocals, again, it's what makes this song so good like Blue Gangsta.

Chicago - What's with the duck cries at the start? Other than that, again…amazing production and MJ's vocals are so killer!!!!

A Place with No Name - I love both original and remixed versions of this song. So impressed with this track and it's probably the standout on the album.

Overall Xscape is amazing, the production is flawless and it's undeniably Michael and undeniably his voice, they smashed this one out of the ballpark and although I want it to be successful, it's not what matters to me. I'm personally just so thrilled to be listening to such a beautiful Michael Jackson record that was made with love and creativity. I'm sure Michael himself would have loved what Timerland and co, did with this production.

Glad Jackie loves the album and bought some for his friends. He sang a version on LNFSG, didn't he? I hope he encourages his friends to buy the album. He should be tweeting about it the way Justin does, and the way Latoya and the kids tweet about Mr. Pink before they went to the event.

From the Forbes article ^^: ”So far, the album has received some strong reviews from the likes of the Los Angeles Times, which called the album “shockingly vital” to Vibe, which dubbed it “eternal greatness.” The New York Times offered a more nuanced interpretation, conceding that many of the songs are “near misses” while stating that “Timbaland’s transformations are masterly.”Perhaps the most prominent detractor is Patrick Carney of the Black Keys, who told Rolling Stone that Xscape is “bulls–t.”But the charts may well give Jackson the last laugh from beyond the grave.

^Well New York Times has Sullivan and his buddies there, so I can't expect better from them. Actually Michael is already laughing--I can hear him.

I live in Belgium but my family lives in the US where I am from. Just asked my mom to buy me a copy of the deluxe edition at her Walmart. I really want the album to be number 1 in the US. I will also get a copy here in Belgium

I live in Belgium but my family lives in the US where I am from. Just asked my mom to buy me a copy of the deluxe edition at her Walmart. I really want the album to be number 1 in the US. I will also get a copy here in Belgium

Good idea. More people need to tell their coworkers and classmates about this album and encourage them to buy. We need more US fans to support this album. I made sure all my clients have a copy of the album and all the building staff that work in the building I live in. I feel if each person makes sure that one other person buys a copy that would be good, so let's try that. Everyone make sure that you have made at least 1 other person buy Xscape.

thats cause the estate gave him a job lol. guess thats why jerk is so bitter

Jackie has always had a lot more sense than some of the others, and he never comes off as jealous of his brother. Jackie is cool!!

New remix single LNFSG - is that countet as LNFSG - or as a new remix release?

I am not a huge fan of the remix... - But I will buy it just to support the album. :)

I really hope this release will do great!

We should plan some kind of twitter trending #MJXSCAPE with iTunes US links before and during the BBA show.

We should plan some kind of twitter trending #MJXSCAPE with iTunes US links before and during the BBA show.

What do you guys put in the tweet. Do you put words that suggest buying, or words that suggest just to check it out, because people will just listen to it on utube. Tweets have to be strategic now.

Back