Xscape General Discussion

I find the more I listen to the album, the more the songs just grow on me. I haven't felt that way in a long time.

My kids constantly ask me to play Xscape album, and more particularly APWNN, DYKWYCA, STTR, BG, CHICAGO, LNFSG, (both versions) and all the rest...

My kids constantly ask me to play Xscape album, and more particularly APWNN, DYKWYCA, STTR, BG, CHICAGO, LNFSG, (both versions) and all the rest...

Are your kids pronouncing the titles correctly? I remember the last time one of them was mispronouncing one of the Thriller album songs, which had me laughing for days.

BPM (beats per minute) is the unit used to describe the tempo of music. A higher number refers to a faster tempo (more beats per minute). MJ5 compared the tempo of the original versions and the remakes. Some of the remakes have a slightly higher tempo than the demos, for instance.

Btw, MJ5, where'd you get the 89 vs 119 BPM for APWNN from? The tempo seems more or less equal. Did you measure one of the two in half time?

I have an automatic BPM-detection working in my profesional DJ-tool "Traktor".

I mean I hear its slower but 30 beats slower is not what I expected..

Last edited:
I find the more I listen to the album, the more the songs just grow on me. I haven't felt that way in a long time.

haha, I'm trying get used to new APWNN, slowly but surely, its growing on me. It's hard for the fake burping adlibs in the beginning to grow on me.

Again from RF:

Michael Jackson Posthumous Album Stopped on Charts by Black Keys

It’s been a might effort, Michael Jackson cannot get to number 1 on the charts. His second posthumous album, “Xscape,” has been blunted at the top of the charts by The Black Keys. Released earlier this week, “Xscape” is number 3 on iTunes and number 2 on amazon.com. And so it goes.

Hey– it’s not too shabby to be number 2. “Xscape” has been marketed within an inch of its life, so whatever it’s doing on the charts is good news for the core fans. And who knows? Maybe Sunday’s hologram performance on the Billboard awards will ignite sales and drive “Xscape” to the top spot. Anything is possible.

Meantime, the Jackson estate was hit by its second civil lawsuit filed by an ex Neverland boy in his 30s. First Wade Robson, now Jimmy Safechuck claims that he was molested by Michael Jackson.

The story of the lawsuit has less resonance because it was written by Jackson’s lifetime archenemy, Diane Dimond. She’s determined to stalk Jackson into the next lifetime.

Both Robson and Safechuck and their families have previously sworn that nothing untoward happened with Jackson. But now they’re in their 30s and keep reading about how well the Jackson estate is doing. Dollars signs have popped up in their eyes.

Will more Neverland boys file suits? That’s really key because if they do, he cases will be taken more seriously. Some of those boys include Jonathan Spence, and actors Emmanuel Lewis and Macaulay Culkin. I’ve no doubt Diane Dimond and Jackson’s losing 2005 prosecutor, Ron Zonen, are camped out in their respective garages.

Look for the hologram on Sunday, May 18th on ABC at the Billboard Awards. There’s now a chance that Justin Bieber will be involved. I am so glad I’m out of the country.

Here in Cannes, some producers are peddling a documentary about Jackson’s 2007 photo shoots for miscellaneous magazines. The fight for scraps is on!

Next up is a book by Jackson’s final bodyguards about his last three years. I’ll tell you about that shortly. They claim Michael was obsessed with Bobby Brown’s hit “My Prerogative” and was considering covering it. Like “A Horse with No Name.” If only Jackson had lived, he could have put out a Karaoke album.

Last edited:
What a jerk. Whatever happens in US charts, Michael has been #1 in over 50 countries. Michael is a world artist.

Although for now only some stores have received the album here in Brazil, it is selling very well. Is expected to arrive in all stores only next Tuesday.
In one of the most watched programs in the morning here, pointed out that the album reached # 1 in 54 countries.

Again from RF:

I dislike the author however, there are some items in this article I agree with.

Regarding Xscape: I do agree that the U.S. promotion seems to be more progressive after the release. Before release it was only Iheart, GMA, and listening party reviews. Nothing stating 5/13 days before the release date. Many posts here with promotions but, not in the U.S. Billboard may help.

What a jerk. Whatever happens in US charts, Michael has been #1 in over 50 countries. Michael is a world artist.

Roger Friedman is so much more obvious than Jermaine's shoe polish pasted head! That entire article had him spinning what is actually happening with Xscape! And what's happening Roger is that Xscape has far exceeded your pathetic doomsday rants!

His envy and hypocrisy is so blatant in his articles. I've got no time for losers!

Bye!

Btw......Jermaine was on The Insider tonight and as expected, The family does not agree with Xscape, they do not agree with the whole hologram thing and yet again J5 is apart of MJ's legacy, so The Estate should have consulted them. Why would they wanna work with people who they say are frauds and not to be trusted?

If Michael never included them on his projects while he was living, why should The Estate? Do they have the same desire to be all up in Janet's business too? I doubt it!

He's beginning to sound like a broken record.

^^Jermaine always says the same thing about any Estate project: it is not good, they should have involved the family, Michael would not like the project. Roger seems to be gloating because he feels the Eyes will beat Xscape in the charts. This is typical Roger. He wants the album to fail so he could be happier. If he keeps mentioning Xscape more people will go out and buy it!

OnirMJ, my U.S. friend was incorrect. The BET Xscape doc was slightly different than the deluxe dvd.

She said parts of the deluxe dvd version were removed because there was extra footage of Timberlake speaking about Xscape. She said he was reluctant to do the project but, was interested in getting an original MJ song on the radio again.

Btw......Jermaine was on The Insider tonight and as expected, The family does not agree with Xscape, they do not agree with the whole hologram thing and yet again J5 is apart of MJ's legacy, so The Estate should have consulted them. Why would they wanna work with people who they say are frauds and not to be trusted?

If Michael never included them on his projects while he was living, why should The Estate? Do they have the same desire to be all up in Janet's business too? I doubt it!

He's beginning to sound like a broken record.

Ugh, pretty sick of the other Jacksons tbh. Could they, oh I dunno, f*ck off for once and stop leeching off their brother?

GIwPDNu.gif

Are your kids pronouncing the titles correctly? I remember the last time one of them was mispronouncing one of the Thriller album songs, which had me laughing for days.

They don't say the titles for the Xscape album, they just say "play Michael Jackson, daddy".

Some titles, they pronounce correctly: "Speed Demon", "Billie Jean", "(I'm) bad",... and some not: "Tan-tan" (= Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'), "Bill it" (= Beat It),...

Finally got the album, and it's epic!!! I split the modern versions and original demos into two separate albums in my iTunes, I think it'll be more organized on my iPod that way. :D

Don't know if anyone mentioned or saw the Today Show this morning but LNFSG duet was briefly praised during their segment of Top Songs of the Summer! :) It was one of the top one one on that list, and a couple of the anchors mentioned how they like the song and that the new album has very catchy songs, etc! It was a nice thing to see and hear that people, aside from the hardcore fans are enjoying this album. That's what it should be about, embracing the music! And this album has a little something for everyone. I've been enjoying this Michael-y buzz lately! :D

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone mentioned or saw the Today Show this morning but LNFSG duet was briefly praised during their segment of Top Songs of the Summer! :) It was one of the top one one on that list, and a couple of the anchors mentioned how they like the song and that the new album has very catchy songs, etc! It was a nice thing to see and hear that people, aside from the hardcore fans are enjoying this album. That's what it should be about, embracing the music! And this album has a little something for everyone. I've been enjoying this Michael-y buzz lately! :D

hontoni? :naughty:

Back